Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here's what happened

Distinguished Community Member

well I'm thanking God you are alive Jan. I was worried sick for you & Hank. you must be in emotional shock. we're all here for you. thanks for taking the time to post. it's a big relief to know you are OK. and glad you do have support there. ((((HUGS)))) Pati

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Jan, thank God you are alright. Please know prayers and much love is comming your way. I'm so sorry you had to indure such horor, but hoping things will get better for you. We all love you and thankful you are alright, at least the best you can be under such circomstances. Something is wrong with my getting into BT, so don't know if this will go thru. If so, know I love you dearly, Julia

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I also have friends here that are supporting me and my family has called me often. I know that God works in His own time and everything in the universe has to mesh for the right outcome. God is good.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Ooo Jan, that IS quite a saga! I'm sorry you had to go thru all that, but in the end, Hank is now in a nursing home and you are out of danger. It sounds scary as hell, but I'm glad you had your thinking cap on and had family & friends nearby to help you out.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

I went to see him yesterday. It was a 30 minute visit and I felt as if I was there 2 hours. I tell him what happened he gets all teary, the he asks what I did to make him do that, I tell him that I was talking to my sister on the phone , he tells me he ain't going to stay, he's going to walk out and go to lower MI, I tell him that he doesn't know the way, he says I'll go to I-80 that goes there, I say you are a long way from I-80 etc,etc.....and on and on. He want me to call his kids to see if he can live with them. His kids has nothing to do with him for longer than I knew him. I found 4 of them on Facebook. Do I send them a message saying "Hey your dad has ALZ and wants to come and live with you." They don't even know Hank. Am I being a hard a$$ now?
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

NO,in my opinion. if they cared they would know already. if you contact them & they refuse to get involved it won't make anyone feel better. you have enough to deal with Jan. He can't just walk away from there can he? remember you had to do this for your own safety & Hank's. it wasn't easy for you. hopefully the "experts" there will take good care of him. I am concerned over how he got those anti-psychotic meds though (was it from these VA people?). need to read Jeannie's latest saga with her mom (Alz. forum). wishing you the best Jan. might keep the visits to a minimum cause they aren't gonna be pleasant unless/until he accepts where he is.

so heart breaking! your health comes first now. please don't forget that for one minute. sad situation but I know you will do what you have to do.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

jan ,

i think his children should know. you don't have to put it on facebook, send them a note through snail mail or email if you have their emails (the email's also might be on their facebook profile page). something short like, "your father is ill with alzheimer's disease and is at _______ nursing home. it's up to them what they do with the info, but at least you know you informed them. you never know when people will step up and help. just my humble opinion.

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

I don't know the entire story, all I know is Hank left his wife and 7 kids. And she turned them against him.

There is a spot on Facebook to send a message and if it by email I think I'll just that, and see what responce I get. Thanks for the advice.

Jan I am so glad you did what you had to do.
    Last edited by joy; 02-17-2012 at 02:52 AM.

I believe the message on Facebook is private and wrote to each of the 4 I found. "Your dad has Alzheimers and I had to place him in K---- L-- Manor in C----- C-- TX" and left it like that. If they want more info, they can contact me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast