Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PRAYER'S needed for missing man!!!

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Well, he is a little dull, Clouds. Maybe I'll tell him that right before I fire him!!

I hope you are feeling better today. Mr. Jo is finding it is not a quick thing to get over. I told him about you and what it had done to you. He was listening very intent. I think maybe he was kind of checking to see where He was in getting better. I think he has decided it is a horrible thing to have and get over..

He is a workaholic and never has been on to sit around. He has hardly moved all day.

We both are wishing you the best. take care, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

i had shingles in face so his case wont be as bad -who knows-each case is different

i think its in my brain too
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Jo, you know we don't care when a thread goes OT.
    Joy, Zoloft was like a miracle for me when I first got on it. I called it my "happy pill". it was when the dosage was increased after a couple of years that I decided to stop taking it.

I hope I don't come across as anti-meds. have to admit I'm anti-doc's cause seems all they do is hand out pills.but that is just ME based on years of frustration.

I can only make suggestions to my friend. up to her what she does. I do hope she joins a support group. her family will see suicide as a sin & I already know she was so ashamed she wasn't gonna let anyone know the truth until the newspaper came out & she had no choice.

as for those old time rememdies(sp)? castor oil was a given for just about anything that ailed ya. so was a spring tonic/winter tonic.people didn't go to doc's unless had a broken bone or such.

Default things my friend shares with me........

actually might get to visit with my friend soon. we sure need to hug & chatter away! we email alot more since the tragedy.

now I waited to reply when she mentioned ordering a gun & taking a gun class. I'm very much anti-gun so needed to collect my thoughts before replying. she's scared of course. when you've been married to someone nearly 48 yrs. it's understandable to freak @ every sound. and her dog only weighs 7# so no protection there!

now she wrote she's on a waiting list for some person with a TV show that claims to reach the dead? wants my honest opinion. well I've never watched the show,my first thought was it's a way to make money off people who are vulnerable & grieving.

she says she's not had any "sign" of her DH. doesn't dream about him either. no pennies from heaven.

she searched everywhere hoping for a note. she did find his gun case (empty of course),his cell & wallet were in motorcycle storage. good thing she found those before selling the bikes!

I told her if he'd left a note I think it would have been obvious so maybe stop searching?

seems everywhere she goes people talk about their own experiences with suicide. I think it's good to share stories & I know some have been a big surprise to her. Plus a good friend of hers in Detroit just had their child attempt it.

I'm sure she has a cosmic link to the word suicide now & it will take a long time for her to accept what happened. she's an upbeat kind of person & is staying very busy so that's good news to me.

I don't have a clue if she's ever shot a gun in her life or not. she's a very tiny person & I'm sure she feels vulnerable living on end of a cul-de-sac with no man around to defend her. have to admit never heard of anyone needing to order a gun. guess my ignorance is showing?

I'm just writing all this so I can keep a timeline.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Unhappy

I did years ago. Took ONE lesson and went running for the hills it scared me so much. Never loaded or fired it either. I'm such a Wuss.

guess I'm a wuss also. have my reasons though!

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am no such wuss and plan to by a gun and make sure everyone gets lessons some time this summer. Things are getting worse and we have people cut along our property border crossing over into the woods all the time. Also plan to put up signs on back of property warning of dog and gun.

saw my friend on Sunday. we met for lunch & had a good chat. she looks great! then we had a big trauma,someone stole her purse from her car while she was petting my doggie! luckily her Lojack alarm was in her purse & when she called 911 they were already booking the thieves! made the poor choice of stealing a car that also had Lojack system so things went quickly after that. double signals & they were clueless. could have turned out much worse & of course she's disgusted with herself for leaving the purse near an open window (yes it was warm & sunny that day).

now she has to return to get her credit cards & some jewelry-the deputy did bring her purse back since she couldn't start her car without that device.

it was a lesson for all-never leave anything in sight in an unlocked car! it happened so quick it was ridicules. plus they had the gall to buy gas with her debit card right across the road & must have watched me searching the parking lot for her purse.

as for the gun,well she's still waiting for it since takes time to get all the paperwork done. and her first lesson was about safety,etc. not sure when she'll actually fire a gun.

I praised her for handling the cops,etc so well. she was a wreck of course but she did it all & we stayed with her the 2 hrs it took waiting for the sheriff deputies. she lives a long ways from here,however loves to travel (she stays very busy).

she's still waiting for the autopsy report. apparently suicides go to the bottom of the pile on those reports. I know she's praying for some answers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234