Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought some cat people might like this.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Default Thought some cat people might like this.

toilet cat.jpg

Was going around and found it to be quite humorous. Looks like the toilet is overflowing fur lol.

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Christina I love it!!! I'm a cat lover altho never used to be. Love my little girl. Love dogs, almost all pets, furballs. One thing I would tell someone is to wait awhile before naming their new pet. They have so many quirks to their personalities.....you'd find something in their 'funnies' to name them. I get CatFancy, love that too. Thanks for sharing, hon. hugs, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Kat do you ever go to the lol cats site? Hilarious. http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

There's also http://stuffonmy cat.com for plenty of visual laughs and cute kitties too.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Thanks for the idea Christina......have so many holes, dead spots in brain, never thought of searching for cat sites!!! All this time, look what I've been missing, darn it<G>LOL Thank you too Beader.....need all help I can get....I'm on my way!! Just hope not utube type, still on dial up :(, can't get that type....but at least I can see all the kitties even if they don't move :):):):) love ya both, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/lrgimg.htm

Check out the world's largest Maine Coon cats! Leo is the current record holder, since he would be 8 feet tall if he were human. When he stands on his hind legs, his head & shoulders are above the doorknob on the front door. Ditto the deck railing. Still, he looks awfully mellow w/ his orange stripes.

If you get Animal Planet, take a look at Cats 101, which tells you all about different breeds, & My Cat from Hell, which is about dealing w/ different problem kitties. However, the animal behaviorist on that show, Jackson Galaxy, [you read it right!] manages to get in all kinds of fundamental rules about how all cats behave & give us parents of fur kids good ideas on how to make their fuzzy little lives happier. Did you know that there are Tree Dwellers and Bush Dwellers, and that they enjoy different environments?

Sending nose kisses!
    Last edited by Beader; 03-28-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Sher I am not a cat person but I love watching My Cat From Hell. It is just fascinating to see these poor psychotic cats change into sweet, friendly, little fur people.

My princess has a cat that is about 13 and he is getting tempermental in his old age. Now I have known this cat his entire life and within the last two years he has taken to tormenting me. He knows I am allergic, cats always seem to know, so he of course will come right up and plant his little butt where ever I am sitting or standing but if I pet him he gets mad and tries to bite me and claw me. He has been declawed. She put an attack cat sign above the garage door because all of our friends rag on her about how mean her cat has become.

So for months I ignored him except to verbally greet him, after all I am in his house, and then of course he has to be practically in my face. Well about two months ago I petted him and he was enjoying it then it was like he suddenly realized who I was and that he wasn't supposed to like it. So now we have this little routine where when I go over there he comes up to greet me, I pet him, he enjoys it, then I quit just before he has a chance to get irritated lolol.

This weekend I am gonna get some treats to take when I go over there so I can make him love me again LOLOL.

One night I was over there and had just opened a Coke then set it on the counter went to the bathroom and when I came back the cat had planted his fuzzy butt between me and my pop. So I told the Princess she needed to get my pop cause her cat was going to attack me. She went on to laughingly say there was nothing wrong with her cat, just go ahead and grab it. Well I did and sure enough he did. Thank goodness he doesn't have claws and I am too fast for his teeth lol.

Love Animal Planet and the cat shows!! Watch them even if repeats. love, kat

Distinguished Community Member

OK, I also have dial up & couldn't get the link to work after 15 min of waiting so won't try the others.

I don't like Cats from Hell too much.or maybe it's just the guy? some of those couples come across as too stupid to own any pet. (or is that just TV drama?)

I once met a Main Coon cat that weighed 40#!! never knew those cats existed before. then my sister got one. he lived a long life & was a total riot to watch.

I've always had cats. best one was a Blue Russian. I'm not fond of the cat I have now. she's kills bunnies for one thing. not to mention she has ruined my new leather chair. it's taken her many years to let my housemate touch her. the most unfriendly cat I've ever known.

I also watch the Cats 101. and just discovered this morning I can watch Dogs 101 instead of news!

Yeah, Jackson, the guy on My Cat from Hell, is definitely a little weird*, but he gives great tips you didn't know you needed! I had no idea that I was the one who had to get my micro-cat Mocha to exercise. I figured she'd do it if she wanted to. But now that I have the feather duster thing on the long pole & torture her with it until she responds & jumps around & stalks it, she's much happier! She really wants to be played with & entertained instead of boring old sleeping all day.

The rule of "number of litter boxes equals number of cats plus one" has also helped. I even bought her some "cat grass" which I have to start soon, in an area where she can have little kitty cat picnics safely. I'm trying to talk a handy neighbor into building me a cat tree with multiple perches & old rug scraps to scratch on. So far the coir doormat has worked quite well & is heavy enough to stay where I put it, and cheap enough that I don't care if she destroys it.

* weird is not quite adequate to describe him -- the retro 50's thing, the bowling shirts, that bizarro goatee...
    Note: unable to find ALIEN smiliey!
    Sher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast