Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick is Entering a Contest to Imitate the Ultimate Warrior and win tickets to the WWE

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Default Nick is Entering a Contest to Imitate the Ultimate Warrior and win tickets to the WWE

My latest blog post about Nick:

Often We Are Serious, But Sometimes, We Are Silly
    Regular readers of my blog will know that Nicholas is hockey-mad. But Nick is more than this, so much more. He is a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) super-fan.

Nick has a couple of heroes in the WWE - one is Stone Cold Steve Austin. In my book, The Four Walls of My Freedom, I wrote about the wish foundation trip we took to meet "Mr. Stone Cold". But if there is another wrestler who could eclipse Steve Austin (aka Stone Cold) in Nick's list of top ten wild and craziest hulks-in-the-ring, it would be "The Ultimate Warrior". The Warrior is retired from pro-wrestling now, but that doesn't stop him from blogging, philosophising and selling his 'fine art' online. The Warrior doesn't speak, he growls and Nicholas can do an excellent imitation.

It so happened yesterday, that Nick and I were fooling around in the Warrior's vast online empire, when we noticed something very interesting. The Ultimate One is appearing live in Minneapolis on March 24th and he has two VIP tickets up for grabs, but there is a catch. The tickets must be won in a contest and the winner will be chosen by Warrior fans themselves. What, you may ask, must be done to win these VIP tickets? Impersonate the Warrior growl on film!

So there you have it, dear friends, my shopping list for today reads as follows: light brown mullet wig, face paints in red, yellow and black and coloured strings to tie on biceps. As I write this, Nick is practicing his growl. If you subscribe to Warrior cyberspace, vote for Nick!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

hey Donna.

Can you give me a link so that I can subscribe and vote for Nick?

Thank you.

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Blog Entries

Hi Paul, thank you for voting! I'll post a link as soon as I know how the whole thing works - they announced the contest online, but no details on submissions or how to vote just yet. I'll let you know as soon as the video is done and I'll share, it's sure to be entertaining!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!

Hey Donna,

I don't know how to vote because I don't know where the link is :)

Please give me/us the link so I/we can vote :)

Seeya, here soon with the link.

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Thomson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Paul, thank you for voting! I'll post a link as soon as I know how the whole thing works - they announced the contest online, but no details on submissions or how to vote just yet. I'll let you know as soon as the video is done and I'll share, it's sure to be entertaining!
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Donna & Nick))))))

What a fun project! :) I'll bet Nick will have a blast making the video! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Good Luck, Nicholas! I hope you win.

I am curious about the logistics of traveling and accommodations for Nick. Is his equipment portable? Will he need a nurse or assistant to travel with him?

I searched and found the Warrior's sites and his Facebook page announcing this contest. It's located here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3177528448089

((((((Paul))))))

Donna can't give us a link to vote, because the contest hasn't started yet. Contestants have until Feb 17 to submit their videos. Following that, I suppose the Warrior University site will host the voting.

((((((Nick)))))) Growl away Warrior!!!!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

Thank you Rose for clarification! You explained the situation so much better than I :) I have no idea about logistics of travel and I won't cross that bridge till I have to - I always expect not to win, actually. But IF we do win, then we'll figure something out and I will help Nick fulfill his dreams. God knows, the situation was dire when we went to New Jersey to meet Stone Cold and were admitted to hospital the minute we touched down back in Canada. I will keep you posted! Today was so much fun, I bought a wig, face paint and downloaded a wonderful software programme called prezi. We are going to do the presentation on prezi that will feature as its centrepiece Nick on a Utube video doing his impression. Hollywood beckons!

Good for you Nick! We're rooting for you! Nothing holds you back...have fun with the video.
    grandmother of Tyler (22): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Donna & Nick))))))

I cannot wait to see this video!

Are you going to surround Nick with Warrior posters and memorabilia? I just had a fun thought! I don't know whether it would be possible ... but some kind of "muscle bound" T shirt, one made to look like it's a muscular chest (a novelty T shirt). I just searched for "fake muscle shirt" and got this on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fake+...=g8g-s1g1&aql=

That might be a fun thing to add to Nick's costume for the video.

Somewhere, Ultimate's motto: Always Believe! should be visible in the video.

If possible to include any kind of chyron (or words on the screen), you and Nick might put something together using Ultimate's motto. Like, "Because I always believe, I believe that my growl is most like the Ultimate Warrior! I believe that I am the most deserving to receive those 2 tickets to Minneapolis. And once you hear my incredible roar, You Will Believe Too!" (Insert Nick and his growling in the video) "Believe in Me! I Believe in You!" (another growl) "Always Believe!"

Melodramatic and over the top ~ I'm not a WWE watcher or fan, though I've seen some, when Jon went through that phase briefly in his early 20's ~ and that's what it seemed to be to me. You could have a lot of fun with that.

And once it is submitted and you have the link for voting, I would shamelessly promote it! Post it here, on Facebook, on your blog, Nick's blog, send it to everyone in your address book. You never know! We might just win those tickets for Nick! ;)

Even if Nick's video doesn't win, you will have had a wonderful time together, sharing, laughing, creating, and you'll have that video as a reminder of those memories forever. Pretty cool.

Good Luck! Spielberg has nothing on you! :)

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

Hi Rose, Fantastic ideas! I am going to share them with Nick tomorrow and we're filming Monday - I will definitely keep you posted on how it goes - thank you so much for your great ideas!!!!!! Lots of love, Donna

Blog Entries

((((((Donna & Nicholas))))))

How is the production coming along? Is the Star getting into his part?

Can't wait to see this blockbuster!

:)

Love & Light,

Rose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast