Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have an announcement lol, no nothing major

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile I have an announcement lol, no nothing major

Okay I do believe that for the first time in a few years that everything is finally coming together. My SSI has been taken care of and I have already gotten my first month's check. I have also gotten a very small partial payment in time to to pay off 2010 back taxes that I got a delinquent notice for two days before the check. Whew!

Shortcake's Encopresis is being treated like it should have been. B is getting things taken care of in Georgia no thanks to his loser dad. I have a new caseworker at DHS and as far as I can tell everything is taken care of there. I have given up on appealing the SNAP payback. By the time they decide to get around to a response it will be too late and my penalty period will be over. So I am throwing that worry and stress away.

The only things left are my catch up doc appts. for docs that I haven't seen in a while and med checks.

Yes and my Sallie Mae student loan disability paperwork has to be redone because the Dept. of Ed. changed their disability form during the three months I was trying to get the form they sent me filled out. That really pi$$es me off that the format of the form changed but the info is still the same. Maybe I should call them instead of dealing with Sallie Mae. Any one with any info or suggestions there?

So now we can finally get caught up on bills and actually start doing more than breaking even hopefully. Now I can use all my energy on making my home what I want it to be and keeping us all healthy lol.

SS has been a 6yr battle, DHS has taken a year and a half to get themselves situated, CJ finally has a reliable, non grease related job lol. We haven't paid any taxes since we have been here, nor home owner's so now we can start working on this. To me this is relatively easy in theory. Execution might be a different story lol. Time to make a budget and start doing automatic withdrawals for bills.

I don't know how long it will take to get this 100 lb. mantle of stress and anxiety off of my shoulders that I feel physically every day. I have been for years. I keep saying to myself that the worst of it is over, move on. It will take me a long time but hopefully I can get rid of it.

Lots to do around here though but isn't there always.

Okay I will finally post this instead of getting sidetracked. Supposedly I am not ADD hee hee.

Distinguished Community Member

Congratulations Chris on all your hard work!!!!!!
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Wow. Good for you, Chris, on all that fiscal responsibility! I'm glad the loose ends got tied up in mostly satisfactory ways.

Yes, breathe deeply now. Let your shoulders relax, let your neck relax, feel the warmth spreading down your back...
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

chris,

about time you got a break. that mantle is gonna feel like it's there for a while longer, but hopefully as you start getting even with the bills and stuff, it'll start fading then go away .

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

I am happy for you, glad that everything is finally going on your direction.

good for you Chris!

anxiety can get the best of a person so I am happy that you are making headway. Hope this lasts and lasts and well you get the jest of it, LOL. I want you to feel good for a long time. You deserve it ((HUGS)). I am excited just waiting to see what you will do you your place now. I loved the pics you showed us of the yard etc. It looks heavenllly. A wondeful place for kids and grownups.

Blog Entries

Well ya'll aren't gonna believe this. I called my caseworker and she answered the phone. WHAT? Is she ill? Had she fainted near the phone and in her delirium answered it? I'll never know but that woman is disgustingly nice and knowledgeable and it irks me to no end because I wanna hate her for screwing up my case and never returning calls.

I had some important questions regarding my SSI and she answered all of them. DHS is not taking any money so I will get full back pay. I have two months to spend all but three thousand of it. Jared because he is a minor can have any amount of money in an account which means I can put some money away for him. Only the household foodstamps and cash will go down. They will not fully cut everything off. I get to keep my current HMO for about a year before they switch it over to Medicare.

My taxes are paid. My most of the bills are up to date. I don't know what to do with myself. It is funny how stress seems to freeze me. Like my body shuts down cause the brain is using up all of it's energy worrying, constantly in my head. Yet now that I really don't have a lot to freak out about I feel like something is missing and want to get up and start doing something to make the feeling go away lol.
    I would really like to spend some of the money to help make this place more self sufficient, a bit off the grid so to say. I have been researching home wind/solar hybrid kits for quite a while and all kinds of little things. What sucks is my own abilities are so limited.

Anyway shortcake is done with his allergy shots. Yay!!! He hated them things and it was such a hassle but thank God he is done and doc says come back in six months. He woke today with a stuffy head lol. This weather has been horrible on his allergies.

I went and got my hair cut this morning. It has gotten so long that it was strangling me in my sleep lol, just about an inch or more cause the ends would dry first and get poofy and unmanageable and bought some expensive shampoo for thinning hair. A first. Gonna color my hair. Then went to JoAnns and bought myself a Martha Stewart Knit and Weave Loom Kit. It is very cool and changes into like 40 shapes for loom knitting. I am getting ready to try it out. I have always wanted to try them but the sets are kind of expensive. I guess I just thought it was a frivolous purchase. One of those things I put in the cart and them wind up putting it back. So now I am off, it has taken me most of the day to write this.

Figures lol.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

that;s ok Christina, no matter how long it takes. We all enjoy your post. We feel sad when you are sad, then we feel joy when you have happiness in your life.
    You can't lose! I'm glad for you getting a hair cut. Did you say you had thick hair and had to have it thined? If you have some spare hair, send it to ME!! I need some BAD!

I hope you have had a good day. love you bunches, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Blog Entries

Oh no Jo, I don't have a hair to spare. lol well that sounded kinda Dr. Seussish lol. I went to Borics to get my hair trimmed only about 2". I have barber phobia. Hair cuts that I have liked are few and far between so I have given up lol. It is very thin and if I leave it too long, halfway down my back right now, then it weighs my hair down and you can tell even more that I am thinning up top. Especially since I have a cow lick that has always made it looked like I am getting a bald spot It was going fast after my last pregnancy then slowed and when my thyroid decided to act up it started again. Not as bad now so I bought some Nioxin shampoo and conditioner for colored hair hoping it would help some of it grow back. I keep my hair colored, if I didn't I would be almost totally gray. Has come on fast the last couple of years.

I would love to have my hair cut shorter but the cuts for women with round faces is limited. I am selfcounscious about my non neck and double chin lol. Yes just another one of those things I hate about myself. Yes Jeannie love, I am sure you are going to pipe up about that lol. but I am one of those that no matter what I am doing my hair is always up, in a ponytail with a scrunchy or a twist up the back with one of those clamping teethed clips. Once in a great while, weddings or funerals, I will put in hot rollers but after about an hour the front of my hair starts getting limp. My hair just won't hold a curl. My mom's was the same way.

Poor CJ is getting gray already lol, the princess keeps talking about getting him some color for men. Not sure how that would go over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast