Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crushed by nuero troubles -from shingles?

Distinguished Community Member

Default Crushed by nuero troubles -from shingles?

is it from shingles the phn ?

anyone feel like this?panic ,feeling crushed,throbbing somewhat in face-hard to describe
    when i turn off electrical power strips and cfl light bulbs maybe all lites or most i feel better

when i wear eye patch i feel it helps

had shingles in face eye -its in my brain too? vitiligo on face-you know it had to be hell

i got the phn from it

i wonder if lightening strike survivors have these symptoms

after maybe a half hour ill get better

its like a electrical storm in body -hard to describe

im sick of it
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

New Community Member

I am very sorry for your pain. I have this in my right thigh, almost the whole thigh except for the inside of it. I also have it on the outside are of the left thigh. Mine was not from shingles. Mine started from nerve damage I got during an operation for gallbladder removal. It was laproscopic, just routine surgery.

When I woke up in recovery I felt like I had a lightning storm going on in my thigh. I was so scared! Even as groggy as I was I could remember that my surgery was in my stomach and knew that my leg should not be hurting. It was bad enough that I was crying and before long was screaming. They got my mother to try and calm me thinking it was some kind of reaction to the anesthesia. But as soon as my Mom saw me she had a fit and said what have you done to my daughter she is in terrible pain.

Well that will be eight years this coming July and the pain has never gone away. The medicine I take now and the lidoderm patches I wear have helped but the pain is always there and now I have developed Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome which has lots of other problems and that's what made it spread to my left thigh. Now that I have RSD it could spread to other places too.

I pray you get better and I hope it helps you know that you are not the only one and that others know how you feel.
    Annie K.

sorry Annie for your troubles
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am very sorry for your pain. I have this in my right thigh, almost the whole thigh except for the inside of it. I also have it on the outside are of the left thigh. Mine was not from shingles. Mine started from nerve damage I got during an operation for gallbladder removal. It was laproscopic, just routine surgery.

When I woke up in recovery I felt like I had a lightning storm going on in my thigh. I was so scared! Even as groggy as I was I could remember that my surgery was in my stomach and knew that my leg should not be hurting. It was bad enough that I was crying and before long was screaming. They got my mother to try and calm me thinking it was some kind of reaction to the anesthesia. But as soon as my Mom saw me she had a fit and said what have you done to my daughter she is in terrible pain.

Well that will be eight years this coming July and the pain has never gone away. The medicine I take now and the lidoderm patches I wear have helped but the pain is always there and now I have developed Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome which has lots of other problems and that's what made it spread to my left thigh. Now that I have RSD it could spread to other places too.

I pray you get better and I hope it helps you know that you are not the only one and that others know how you feel.
    Annie K.

how are you doing now?

Did you ever figure out a cause? I get a sort of electrical feeling on my scalp sometimes when I am starting to have a migraine. I am also photosensitive during migraines, so turning off the lights does help me

because of post herpetic neuralgia from having shingles

i wish i knew whether my insurance would pay for the shingles shot. i would get it for sure. i know it is awful because my mother had it. she went through so many bottles of tylenol it was unreal. she did mnot know what she had and i did not have a clue. it was mnot until the next time she went for her scheduled visit to doctor. he saw the spotas left and said that it was from her having shingles. now was my mother a tough cookie or not? i know i am not as srtrong as she was when it comes to enduring pain. she just took it all in stride and did not even complain that much about anything. me, i am a whimp when it comes to pain.

"i wish i knew whether my insurance would pay"why is it hard to know?

i dont know if i trust vacines

clouds it use to be so easy for me to get out an insurance book or to pick up the phone and call an insurance company to find out what I needed to know. but after having hearing problems from menieres and head injuries and just plain old letting hubby do the asking, looking or taking care of things I have gotten stupider than ever. truthfully. you need to keep doing things to stay sharp. I admit there is nothing to be done with hearing, for instance right now I have such a shrill sound in ears i'd hate to even try and talk and HEAR on phone. it is very distracting. I know I should start trying to be more self sufficient but , well just hasn't happened .

cant you email them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast