Thread: The mysterious case of the undelivered government confirmed script = oops!

Distinguished Community Member

Exclamation The mysterious case of the undelivered government confirmed script = oops!

G'dy neuro buddies, old, new, in between and not sure :)

Today we had an appointment for Grant at the family doctors. Just a routine visit as Grant has 3 days respite next week and we need forms filled in.

On Monday I had emailed a request for 3 scripts to be written up. One of the scripts for a drug, is a special script, because the doctor has to phone a government agency for approval. Quite a big deal. You don't lose this script ever.

We saw one of the doctors, and he said that the computer showed that another doctor had written up a script for the drug. So far so good

When we finished the appointment I went to the receptionists and asked for the script = HMMMM. The script had gone missing

So one of the receptionists put on her detective smock and started making investigations. She found out that.

1. The doctor had handed the script written up in yesterday to one of the staff.
    2. The local pharmacy had not received the script (it could have been mailed out).
    3. Another pharmacy, which is not our pharmacy, had not received the script.
    4. There was not sign of the script anywhere.

Then the doctor who wrote the script turned up and said that I should bring the request in rather than emailing the script in. This was of course an escape from his responsibility and trying to pass the blame. I can't see any difference from emailing a request in, which I have done many times without a problem, and having the doctor write up the script, versus me going in (which is difficult to do with Grant in tow), and asking the doctor to write up the script.

The doctor was also frustrated with the staff saying that he handed the script to one of the staff yesterday, who somehow, misplaced the script.

CHALLENGE

The script really must be found, because the doctor can't phone the government agency and make another request. Not at all that easy to do.

Not to worry too much though. We have been going to this local family doctor clinic for over 20 years. We always get good care. I always get test done for Grant when I request the tests, even when the tests are not quite your every day test. And if there is ever an emergency, they will always squeeze Grant in. And in a dire emergency one of the doctors will attempt to come to our home, which is not easy to do, but has happened. So the clinic is a good clinic. Just this time however, someone on staff made a big mistake.

QUESTION

Has this ever happened to you? ?WHat was the final outcome?

Best wishes and seeya,

Paul, Alison and of course Grant the champ.
    Foster parent, now medical guardian and administrator
    for Grant the champ aged 30, yes 30!

New Community Member

No nothing like that ever happened to me. Hope they get there ducks in a row and you get your script.

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Is the Rx of any value as a street drug?

It would be nice if the staff would sit down and figure exactly who received the script from the doc. That might get things rollin'. Good luck!

Sher

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Paul))))))

Our doctor's nurse calls Jon's prescriptions in directly to the pharmacy. Is there a reason why Grant's doctors can't do that?

I think I'm missing something here. Why can't the doctor simply write another script? And if he's already received the gov't okay, why does he have to call them again for authorization?

Hope you can get this all worked out soon.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Distinguished Community Member

Hey Rose.

I think you might have missed something or perhaps I have also :)

The doctor generally does not phone a pharmacy for ordering scripts. There are at least three receptionists at the clinic. It is their job to fax/mail a script through, or simply hand it to the patient after the appointment.

The scripts are written on authorised pads, for want of a better term. I don't think it is that easy to write up another script. But it may be that the script and copy have been lost, hence the authorisation number has been lost, thus it is not possible for the doctor to simply write up another script. Something like this happened once before where I had lost the authorsided script. The doctor was quite upset, but somehow he was able to request another authorisation.

Of course we must get this resolved soon. Today is Australia day and the clinic is closed and no mail is delivered today. I will contact the local pharmacy tomorrow to see if the script has turned up. If it hasn't turned up I will phone the clinic to see what can be done.

Best wishes as always.

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.

Hey Sher,

The script wouldn't have any value at all as a street drug!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Paul))))))

Our doctor's nurse calls Jon's prescriptions in directly to the pharmacy. Is there a reason why Grant's doctors can't do that?

I think I'm missing something here. Why can't the doctor simply write another script? And if he's already received the gov't okay, why does he have to call them again for authorization?

Hope you can get this all worked out soon.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Foster parent, now medical guardian and administrator
    for Grant the champ aged 30, yes 30!