The changes you will see from this update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The changes you will see from this update

Changed auto save from 60 seconds to 45 seconds. This means that the software will save a post you are writing every 45 seconds instead of every 60 seconds. If this causes the server to work harder (increased server load) I will change it back to 60 seconds.

Deleted the "holiday" style.

Deleted the Ca Evo Blue style. This style was outdated and this update broke some functionality, if I find up updated version I will install it.

The "Lightweight" style still functions for the most part. There are some changes made in this update that affect how it may behave. Since during my testing I couldn't find any reason to disable this style until it was updated, I am leaving it in place. If you find any issues, bugs, odd text/symbols please post here in forum feedback so I can address them.

Removed FlashChat. It wasn't used often enough to justify the security risks it presented. The program is very old and was abandoned by the author which means it won't be updated. Since the chats were hardly used I didn't look for alternatives. If there is enough interest in having a chat room then I will explore other options.

This new update changed the way the "stylevars" are used within vB. For the most part you won't see any differences as they affect behind the scenes behavior.

If you do notice any bugs, bad links, odd text and/or symbols, or any missing links, please post here in forum feedback so I can address them.

Current issues that I'm working on that don't affect how the forums operate;
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 01-17-2012, 12:35 AM. Reason: fixed "current issues ..."
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

The search box and the advanced search links in the upper right hand corner were replaced with the "Search Forums" tab.

The following tabs open in a new window;

Calender
    vB FAQ
    BTC Inc TOS
    Private Messages

The following tabs open in the same window (haven't successfully altered the code yet )

Home
    Forum

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

The "Reply to Thread" is now a single click function again :) Can't believe they thought making it a double click was a good idea

Step 1 - log in

Comment

((((((Mike))))))

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication to Braintalk and our members in making BT the best that it can be for all us.

Bless You.

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

You're welcome Rose :) I'm happy to be able to keep BT running :)

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Thanks Mike!

suse

Comment

Working...
            X