Thread: OT: Fantastic videos. One 65 years old of me as a baby and the other one, must watch

Distinguished Community Member

Thumbs up OT: Fantastic videos. One 65 years old of me as a baby and the other one, must watch

G'day neuro buddies, both old an new.

To celebrate my 65th birthday on the 3rd Jan, I put together a video of me as a baby 65 years ago, up to the age of about 10 !

My parents were 8mm film fanatics and took heaps and heaps of films in the 'olden days'. In fact the films of me in total last about 2 hours.

But don't panic, don't panic :) I have edited the video down to 13 minutes just for you.

In the video you will see images of Melbourne in 1947. Interesting stuff, especially the little locomotive that was near St. Kilda beach (where I lived up to the age of 13), just opposite Luna Park. Also lookout for the shop my parents owned, where they sold antiques. When the business was busy they visited auctions twice a week and bought antiques. Whew, some of those antiques would be worth a lot now you know, but we don't have any.

So, here is the link for a free viewing :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOP8mxbd1K0

I also put up another video for you. When our Godchild was dedicated, 13 years ago, I wrote some variations on the famous 'twinkle, twinkle, little star' theme and arranged the variations for harp. The video is of the harpist playing the variations. At the end of the video you can see Grant for about 5 seconds.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqu0DouaHRc

DON'T DELAY TODAY

Get out the popcorn and head on down to youtube to watch these unreal videos :) Admission is by leaving a response at the youtube site.

Seeya there in the 3rd row
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Wonderful videos. It is so heartwarming to see the old videos. Makes one yearn for the old days. Your parents must be wonderful to have raised such a wonderful person. Grant is very lucky.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Happy Birthday, Paul!

What a terrific trip down Memory Lane with you!

Paul, you were a darling and very happy baby, clearly the apple of your father's eye. Loved you in the beret! Awww ...

And an esteemed Ac - tor! Played a doctor too! What cute productions!

And look at those cars! Wow! What history!!!

Such a treasure to have these old movies. I have a tape of a compilation of movies taken by my Grandpa during the 40's and 50's, and it's just wonderful to see everyone so young, where we lived, the places we visited. You've inspired me to dig it out! :)

Hope you've had a marvelous birthday! And many more, dear friend ~

Thanks for sharing your home movies.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.