Thread: Anybody home?

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Default Anybody home?

Hopefully we can get some new people posting and hopefully a lot of the old people.....not that I'm sayin' any of yous is old

New Community Member

I was thinking the same thing
    Not anything going on here

I know but we are hoping to get more.

Is anybody left out theeeerrrree!

Community Member

Hi All ~ I haven't been here in several days -- good to see that someone is still here! LOL I sure hope we can get this site going -- at least a little busier than it has been in the last few years!!!

So Newcomers -- don't be afraid to post!! We've been thru what you have & understand! God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Default I'm here

Just found the new board. Still here and sober. Just celebrated 9 years last month. This forum was a big part of my sobriety, especially when I had Ellie (she's 7 next month!) and stopped working. Still struggling with a ton of physical problems, all caused by my drinking, but happy and relatively healthy these days.

Hubby is good. Looking for an early retirement buyout in the next 3 years. Elizabeth is in 1st grade, making us all prouder than punch.

I wish that some of the oldies would find their way back here if only to say "Hi" and that they're still OK, or at least still fighting the good fight.

Every day I wake up sober and go to bed the same was is a miracle. We're all miracles. Blessings!

Annie B.

Hi Annie. Great to see you back. I am so happy to hear that you all are doing well.

Community Member

Hi Annie -- Great to see you! And even greater to hear that you're doing well !! You're so right -- we are ALL miracles. At least I know that it was a miracle that I got sober! LOL

It's a shame that this site has slowed down so much. It used to be such a vibrant & active site. Maybe in time it will grow to that again.

Hope everyone is well -- God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Hello, Name is Jeff! usualy over at the Traumatic Brain Injury and Epilepsy site, but can't make it to many meetings anymore, so I figured I'd stop over to say Hi! 4 1/2 Aurgwyears sober and lovin life! have my Epilepsy Surgery scheduled for Jan 25th
    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 11-28-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: left out Surgery

Hi Jeff and thanks for stopping in. Congratulations on your 4 1/2 years. 'tis a trek but making it one day at a time.

I don't do meetings any more. For me it was a huge trigger having it in my face all the time and it is easier for me to not go. At first I went all the time but as I came to be sober longer I found that I had less of a hard time staying sober if I wasn't at meetings. I know that doesn't seem to make sense but for me it works.

Hope to hear from ya'll more often.

Definintly can see where you are coming from!. Whatever works right? I do give the program alot of pro's especially if you are having a rough time and you can find a good group! I am lucky... not too many AA presidents in the men's group I attend when I'm able and never get the question where have you been or are you still sober? Regards Jeff