Thread: Psychiatric disturbances and behavioural manifestations post surgery

Default Psychiatric disturbances and behavioural manifestations post surgery

Hi all:

I have a new diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder. Evidently, it can be precipitated by life stress and may go away on its own eventually. I have good results with meds. I don't think the tumor and / or surgery had anything to do with it other than perhaps having made me more susceptible to mental health problems. God knows if I have enough stress in my life. I figure He won't give me more than I can handle.

Having said that, I am NOT reconsidering ever referring to my cyst as a gift. I have to believe that it has a purpose as all gifts from God do.

Regards and merry Christmas (soon enough anyways),
    Matthew

PS: Thankfully, geodon (aka: ziprasidone) has put an end to my psychotic episodes which is good.
    Last edited by Levi; 12-17-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added PS

Hi Levi,

I just happened to 'pop' on to this site and saw your post. I hope that you are doing well and that the psychosis is under control.
    Really nothing else to say but just wanted to acknowledge your post (I expect you have even forgotten posting it, it's been so long lol)
    You mentioned wishing people a happy Christmas...I do hope yours was a good one and will wish you a Happy New Year, albeit 2 months in lol..
    Tracie.

Hey Matthew I had severe bouts of depression post op and was put on Ritalin which helped and I stopped a year later. I agree that all adversity is sifted thru the permissive will of God and I acknowledge it. Bitterness and anger was avoided when I trusted HIM with my MD's treatment etc. Hi Tracie long time no see. Take care Matthew.