Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 123757778283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

I thought I had my 'lost' days whipped but this weekend my body said "not so fast". I know I had been missing sleep the last three days of the week but I was doing fine or so I thought. This weekend I was out on Saturday and Sunday I might as well have been with as little time I was awake. I hope to get back to having good nights of sleep so that I can have days I can do some things.

I hope others are doing better and enjoying each day despite the pain we have.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Labor day weekend turned into a somber one as I found out Brion from BT had died from his latest bout with cancer. We kept in contact over the years as he opened his life up to members of this board and then through FB. I counted him as a friend and knew I could count on him to have a positive outlook no matter what he faced. I know he loved his music and dearly missed his son Greg who died from cancer several years ago. I pray they now are reunited in Heaven.

It was nice to have the family get a 3 day weekend but our weather was very rainy. We did have the kids over and the two granddaughters were the entertained by Penny as she finds web sites that entertain and teach them in a way that they have so much fun. Later in the weekend we got to babysit them for an hour. The 2 year old climb up on the porch swing by herself but of course it tipped, she is supposed to wait until I hold it steady, and fell; fortunately right on her butt instead of her head. Of course grandpa had to comfort her and distract her to get her mind off the fall. Her 4 year old sister loved a Curious George video from the web where she had to follow along with the activity [much like Simon says]. My son and I have been struggling with C-diff an intestinal bacteria that has been tormenting us for the past month. Finally we got an accurate diagnosis 2 weeks ago and just now feel like we are getting well.

I have been able to sleep in bed with my wife once again after 10 years of needing to sleep in my zero gravity chair. It is still painful but I have been able to manage the muscle spasms with deep tissue massage. I found a practitioner about a year ago and it has took about 9 months to get my muscle spasm worked out so I only need to go back every three or four weeks. It is nice to only deal with the pain and not have the constant crippling muscle spasms that hit without any warning.

I hope everyone had a good Labor Day and that we all remember Brion as Fall quickly approaches.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Finally feeling healthy after 2 months of fighting of C-Diff but now I am dealing with a blood clot in my calf [I have meds working on it]. We have been taking our granddaughter to pre-school and it has been fun. She has a blast at our house until it is time to leave then she practically skips to school. We have an older couple that are our friends coming down on Saturday for Dinner. It will be nice to catch up with them and I hope or daughter's family [with our two granddaughters] will be feeling better and can go out with us. In another week I will be going with our daughter and SIL to a IU football game. They are letting me use my zero gravity portable recliner in the handicap area so I can watch the game. Overall life is getting back to 'normal' for a CPer.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

good grief Mark, if it isn't one thing its another! Blood Clot! I feel for you. I had one when I was in ICU last summer. They did not take care of the IV that swelled like an apple. Beth just happened to see it one day and she hunted the Dr. down. She will by-pass the nurse if she can. They don't want to deal with her! HAHA Can't say I blame them. She takes good care of her Mummy when I am in the hospital.

you take care of it ! I hope you have fun at the ballgame. I haven't been to a Clemson game in years. I can not deal with the high seats. It gives me the creeps to even think about it. Course I couldn't sit on one of those seats. I had rather watch it on the TV . I still am not allowed to drive and I'm getting very depressed about that!! I still take Keppra for seizures, but haven't had one, but I may as well forget driving. I do miss it. I would like to go few miles now and again. We live on Main Street, a small strip mall just across the street. They have a small Florest and gift shop and I want to go there now and again. Oh well!

Wonder where everybody got to? Maybe they will pop back in soon. Mark, hope you get to feeling better and take care of that blood clot.

my love, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Hi Julia, the blood clot has been broken up and dissolved. I am thankful it didn't turn into a bigger problem than it was. IU stunk the stadium up after playing so well against Missouri. To make matters worse I got sunburned severely and never felt it or knew it. i can't sit in the stands but they let me use my portable zero gravity chair and sit in the wheelchair section. It was a good location to watch the game I just wish the team played better.

Sorry to hear you are unable to drive now. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. I don't drive much but it is nice to get in and go a few blocks now and then when I need to do something. Your daughter sounds like a great advocate for you and it is good to hear they don't like to hear from her. Somebody needs to keep them on their toes.

I have been finally getting recovered from the game. I did have a terrible throat spasms this evening, where I couldn't breathe or swallow for a couple of minutes. It is a terrible feeling not being able to take a breath and having my wife worried starting to call 911. Thankfully I started being able to get small breaths before she finished dialling 911. This isn't the first time this has happened to me but it doesn't feel any better no matter how often it happens [last time was 18 months or longer].

Julia, it is good to have you stop in and I hope we get a few others to stop by soon.

Now that my c-diff infection and my blood clot are cured I now am fighting off a chest cold. I am getting sick of coughing but other than that it isn't too bad. I am trying vick's on my chest and neck but I haven't seen any improvement yet. I did have a fun three days of having our granddaughter over and taking her to preschool. She is always a joy to be around and wants to act silly now and then as she doesn't get to do that very often. She knows my wife and I accept her however she is and she lets go a bit more around us. She even danced to school with us the other day while going through the church parking lot.

I did get a biometric safe a couple weeks ago and it is a blessing. I was always hiding my key with the old safe but would often forget where I put it. Now I just have to put one of four fingers on the pad and it opens up for me so no more losing the key and it is quicker to do. One days I am not too with it I can operate the safe and get my daily meds out with no problem.

Wow this thread is huge! Been off for awhile, Fibro kicking up and affecting hands and arms. You really have to watch out for sunburn Mark, some meds make it worse. Always nice to see old posters, I only check FB once a week or so and I only have family members as friends. Don't want too many people finding me. I found out who my friends were a long time ago. Boy I wish I had G-kids! My offspring are sadly lagging with this, I suppose you can't rush them.

We are closer to getting our small farm, just a few things to do to this house and its up for sale. Some of you guys in Calif. can come see me there. Putting in a pool and sauna up there too. YES!!! Not exactly feeling great but I suppose I'll do. See y'all later!
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
    Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Lil E good to hear from you. The sunburn looked severe but didn't hurt me or cause any other problems. I understand about the grandkids as ours are a treat and much easier than being a parent.

Sorry to hear the Fibro is acting up so bad. Pain isn't much fun and interferes with our lives too much. I hope the small farm happens soon and that your house sells soon. I would be wonderful to live on a small farm especially with the pool and sauna there.

Not much going on here other than watching the Colts playing on Thursday Night Football. I just stopped in during the half-time and it is really nice to see you here.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default raining again

Hi Lil E. good to see you posting. Hope you are doing well. Mark, do you keep up with college football? Louisville played Clemson this past Sat. Clemson just barely beat them!!

Well, better get my feet propped up. they are not doing too good lately.

I see you are still enjoying your granddaughters. My little great-granddaughter, whose name is Lily, came to see us Sunday. I haven't
    seen her since Christmas. She just turned 1 in September. She is growing so fast I can't keep up with her. Mostly she just came to me and crawled up in my lap, just for a few minuets then was down and going everywhere. She loved her Papa too.

Lil E, be patient, you will get grand's soon and you can join in with the rest of us that talk about our grand's all the time! haha they are a joy and I do hope you get some soon.

Did anybody hear from Kat? I wasn't here so much and I lost track of a lot of people. Well, better go rest. Take care all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Julia, yes I keep up with college football, in fact it is my favorite level of football. I saw where Clemson barely beat Louisville but Louisville has a good team. It will be interesting to see how they do in the ACC as the competition Clemson, Florida State and others is better than the league they came from. IU football seems to be cursed as this year's team looked to be improved and ready to move into the upper level of the Big Ten but we lost our only experienced QB this last game so the rest of the season is doubtful. Coach Wilson has improved our offense so that IU is now rated in the top 15 or 20 in the country and he just changed defensive coordinators to improve a terrible defense that was holding the team down. IU has a terrible history so it hasn't been easy changing the mindset and fans are patient enough to let them develop a better program which they are doing right now.

It is fun to have the granddaughters over although they do wear me out. They are such a treat to be around and they love coming to grandma and grandpa's house.

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 123757778283848586878889909192 ... LastLast