Article on cost of MS drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on cost of MS drugs

The latest online issue of Neurology Now (December/January 2011) has an article on the cost of MS drugs.

You can read the article Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

I'd love to know how the assistance programs determine how/if they'll assist you. Copaxone has a new co-pay assistance program - up to $500 per month - (They advertise you can get copaxone for a $35 copay.) My insurance has a 50% coinsurance for drugs - copaxone now costs about $3600 per month (it'll be more come 2012!). I've contacted so many drug assistance programs - no luck getting help. If I was to take every med I'm suppose to and continue to pay for my health insurance (which will cost more in a couple of months), it would be about 60% of my income....

Comment

Newone are you on medicare? There is drug help available for part D how ever it is income based. I am surprised at the number of folks that do not take advantage of it.

Comment

In RI and MA, the drug companies do an across the board low copay because the State laws prohibit the drug companies from doing any kind of gratis gifting to docs OR patients. So they have settled on a copay of $25 to $75/month on the injectables.

Comment

Not on medicare - got a few years before I am eligible. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Gee, $25 -$75 copay - sounds wonderful to me. With Shared Solutions "help" the out of pocket to me is almost $1300 per month and we all know what happens to drugs prices each year - it will cost me more in 2011. When I first started using copaxone in 2006 - the price was about $1600 per month - each and every year it's increased - in 2011, five years later, it's 2.25 times more expensive. I'd love to know what the health insurance companies really reimburse to Teva for the cost of copaxone. All the policies now in NJ for an individual have a 50% copay for prescriptions.

Comment

Working...
            X