Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Relief To Be Had ?

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default Hi Sher and Buttons

Come to think of it Sher he does do this on his knew. His Mom did it too and that was while they were awake! Can you imagine 2 people sitting right in front of me rubbing their knee, in unisen? Made me want to start patting my head and rubbing my tummy all at the same time.

Well, it does sound like it could be connected, RL and Circle's in same spot! Gads, if it didn't keep me awake so much or just plain wake me up I wouldn't say anything, afraid everybody would think I was crazy.

Well I am crazy already so I need not worry over that. I'm glad you posted Beader, at least I'm not by myself :). Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Pati, I think you may be on to something. The Dog sounds like a good idea. When our Dobie was just a baby (was still big) he had been sleeping in the bed with bil & sil. They gave him to us. Well I didn't want a dobi to sleep on my water bed so Ken built him a fence around his house. His name was Beaurigard, but I called him Bo.

Bo didn't like it and every time I opened the front door he made a b-line for my bed! Finally broke him from that. We got rid of the water bad, but kept Bo. He slept in his house and I slept in ours.

Well anyway, a smaller dog that is already trained could sleep in his playpen right beside my bed and I could touch him to make sure he was still breathing, just like I did my human baby when he was so little I had to carry him around on a pillow.

I think I could put the small dog in the middle of my bed, keep hubby far away from me. If dog bothered him he would go sleep in guest room.

Yes dear Pati, You have the perfect answer!

Happy sleeping everybody, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Medication works for me. Amazingly well.

Distinguished Community Member

had forgotten all about this thread!

what kind of medication helps?

Jo,has Ken stopped bothering your sleep by now? hope so!

Ging,would be nice to hear from you again. hope your life has improved!

the bad jerking from myoclonus is just a memory for me now. and big dog has passed so only sleep with little dog these days.

hope everyone that suffers from RLS has found a solution!

yes PATI, KEN is still driving me nuts with the RLS and the circles. He won,t talk to Dr. I have talked to our family Dr. . and he tells me he thinks he can help him, it he will have to come in.

You know how stubborn he can be. Lasts night was a bad night .I finally got up for a couple of hours. In some ways he is as good as gold to me, but he just says once l am asleep it does not bothere ME

I am going to move him to the guest room. I never get more than 2 /3 hours at a time. Thanks for asking though.

Take care dear, Jo

for my brother Ben

Gee , has everybody found a solution for Restless Leg Smydrome ? It's been so long since a post I was wondering.

Ken still does the jumping. He has been a bit better since I had surgery. He is afraid he will hurt me. He isn't WELL,but won't even tell me what's going on. I think he is fretting about getting old. ~ ~ It happens to the best of us if we are lucky.

What meds. Have been helpful? Share with us, OK?

Take care all, Jo

for my brother Ben

i use the old standby flexerile or its generic i shouod say. and i have been on baclofen for years, well since the early 90's. some day i try both but not always with good luck. i hope you find something that will help you soon.

maybe try b12? hope somwrhing works!

Community Member

I know this is a old post, but I thought I would tell what works great for me. Ropinirole hcl 1mg tab at bed time. That 's the generic for Requip.
    Think not that you are limited because of what you cannot do, but think instead of all you have, the talents God has given you. " D. De Haan "

10. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Gee, glad somebody posted here. Burr is this over the counter or do you have to have a script? It sure would be a blessing to find something that helps.

Glad you joined BT. There are still many that post in different forums. Thanks for the tip on Restless Leg Syndrome.

take care, Julia

for my brother Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12