Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT December Chit Chat

1st of all, welcome back Sally,, we all have been concerned,,

Hi everyone,, been a crazy week, but I am getting thru all the crazy stuff,,turkey day was quiet,, beauitful 70 degree day,,I even went shopping turkey morning,,stores open earlier every year,,

We are gearing up for shotgun season this weekend {deer},, I would love to hunt with them, since I didn't hunt in September,,{disabled} so I am the cook,.. I don't mind bit, its stregedy for me,, I pace it,,plus a snowstorm this weekend,, 6 to 8 inches,, this ought to be a real mess out there,,

so later,, keep on keeping on..
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

A crazy life...............

I don't hunt anymore I shake so bad that I would probably shoot someone. Actually I had quit sometime back I don't like to shoot something I don't eat and I don't like duck, goose mule deer so I always went with a group and I did the cooking. Now its just too much to do the walking the last time I tried I stumbled around and fell about 10 times. Uneven ground and I are no longer on speaking terms. When we were first married I bought a new gun and went duck hunting I came home and had 3 ducks my wife looked at them and said that those ducks cost about $300 a piece.

It has been windy and cold but the sun is out. We have not had any snow to speak of. But at least we do not have the Santa Ana winds that So. Cal has. If you have never experienced them you would be shocked at the power that they pack 70 mph gusts are not unheard of and airports (LAX) and freeways close due to blowing sand, debris and power outages.

I am doing....... just doing. I shouldn't complain everything is quiet. Health wise anyway and considering the alternative I am okay. I watched that group that won the lotto 250 some million. I don't need that much but I would like to have one time in my life that I had no bills, no house payment and enough money that I don't have to choose between paying the phone bill and paying the Dr office.

Check in times everybody.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Having a fall isn't a good way to start a new month but that's what I did.
    Well, it is still fall, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm one lucky individual because I think all I'll have is bruising and a bit of pain. First fall I've had in a couple of years.

People like me do dopey things like trying to do too much first thing in the morning.

Last time I saw the neuro he said I have the brain of an 85-year-old because of MS brain atrophy. So maybe it's understandable that I haven't yet got that important message: Slow down.

I'm getting on with my laundry now. Um, slowly. Getting on with it before the pain starts up. I fell on my hip and thigh.

Nice to see Sally back!

Last edited by agate; 12-01-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Community Member

Happy December! Glad I caught this early, cause when it's longer....by the time I get to the end, I forgot what I've read. LOL
    Peg, I'm sure being the cook is more important than the hunt.
    Hi Gary, I hear you about the lottery. Anything would be nice!!
    Agate, sorry about your fall. Stay on your feet girl!! Glad you didn't hurt yourself.

Happy Holidays all. My son, DNL and granddaughter moved to KS in Sept. I'm all by my lonesome now. Sooooo different. I miss my little babydoll very much. My Son & DNL are doing good though. Both working and they have their own Apt. I think it was high time to leave home. He'll be 24 next month.

Tough love about killed ME but finally......things are turning around.
    "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
    John Donne

Distinguished Community Member

Agate if doing to much ANY time of the day makes you dopey then you have quite a bit of company!!

Tomorrow my wife, daughter and I are testifying in court on behalf of our renters. Last year we did the supervised visit with the ex husband and his kids. It was pretty bad without going into great detail my daughter last words were dad next time there needs to be a social worker here to witness this he is verbalizing abusing these kids. There are 9 kids and none of them want anything to do with him. It is really sad situation.

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Can't believe it's December already. It's cold for here in California. We had lots of wind today, but not as strong as southern CA had. The wind was making that howling haunty sound all day as it whistled through the trees. Sure took off all the leaves in a hurry!

Sorry to hear about your fall, Agate. Glad you didn't get badly hurt.

Stay healthy Gary. You've done your share of misery for this year and the next already!

LaCeli, an empty nest is difficult, especially at this time of year. Will you be seeing the kids for the holidays?

Peg . . . pace it for sure!<

Greetings to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nuthatch; 12-02-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Thanks all, Im back and feeling better and stronger each day.:o Almost back to me old self..

Agate! No! I hope you are not hurting.. Don't say "fall" anymore, when I'm in the room, TYVM :o

Hi Peg, nuthatch, Gary, LaCelli.

Last edited by SalpalSally; 12-02-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

flew into Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Meeting with the folks at the MS Foundation. They want me on the next MSF Cruise at the end of April to do a program while they are tendered in Grand Cayman and people in Wheel Chairs and Scooters cannot get off the boat. Will probably get some free merchandise from Polar Products and do a program on cooling. Also likely a class on stretching and water exercise with MS. Tomorrow night is the 25th anniversary gala in Hollywood and we are staying in a condo we stayed in a couple of years ago about a mile and a half from the event which we are attending. Next, to do a program in the next month or so on behalf of the MSF at the MS Dream Center near me.

Last evening David and I walked about a mile up the Boardwalk and back. Really stiffened my hips and knees. Better shoes today (my "Keen " light hikers) and we walked a full 3 miles up and back over the cours of about 2.5 hours. Now I can hardly move. Ibuprofen not helping. Stretching is a must cause it's not at all comfortable when I stretch but better after I do. Spasticity is kicking in big time today. So...I'm sitting by the pool (with a towel over my head and the laptop screen so I can see to type (it's so sunny)...and waiting for the next dose of Ibuprofen to have some effect.

Sally, so glad you're back.
    LaCeli, it's hard letting them go. I feel for you.
    Gary, glad your family is able to support your new tenant and the children against that kind of abuse.
    Agate, heal quickly.

Can't get Internet here in the unit. New Hurricane proof windows shut out the wireless signal so can only be online outdoors or in the office which closes at 5.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Minimal Internet access all week but it looks like that's the same for everyone here. Where is and how is everyone? We're leaving here late morning and should be home by dinnertime tomorrow.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile Badly need to vent

:) Hello everyone. I cannot read all the above as I am so stressed out. My David has a tumor the size of a pecan in his liver. The VA does not have him scheduled to see the doctor until the 14th. He went there in person yesterday to see if they could get him in earlier and they said no.

Now he is calling different cancer centers and the physicians referral trying to get seen with his MRI results.

My cellulitis is a little better but my foot is still swollen. I also now have a bad cold and cough. We have the tree up and the Christmas cards sent but nothing else is done for Christmas.

David and I had planned to drive the 300 miles to spend Christmas with my Mother, but now everyting is on hold. My stomach feels like it is doing flip flops. Thanks for listening, I feel better. Any prayers appreciated. Jeanie :)

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast