Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Brain Talk

New Community Member

Am I the only one who HATES change? Oh, well, may be an exercise for my brain. Hello, all!

Cool

Repeat 3 times "Change is good"! :p

Every site needs a tune up now and then to keep up with times I gather, so ok I guess we have to learn some new stuff now & as Marabeth says - it's good exercise for the ol brain cells...and as Nat says less or maybe NO crashes anymore.

Crashes causes terrible withdrawel symptons in us

However ~ how come us Oldies are now Newbie’s again?! Mike?

Gee FINALY I was a "distinguished" something or other in life and now I am just a Newbie again....

The good news is looks like we are all Newbies! Must mean we are all youngish!

But I sure did like knowing there were Distinguished folks around who had "been there done that" with their good advice or sharing their experiences with the frightened new members who have just found out they have an Ane.

Mike posted the link to the old site archives - so we CAN go back to reference anything - excellent!

Ging ~ you have your Coiling Procedure coming up on the 8th so I hope you post a new thread so we can all follow along with your news and be there for you! You know you are in my thoughts.

I hope Don and Will who had their procedures find us and post how they are doing with their recovery, too.

And Julie - we need her advice and her excellent research postings!

I guess slowly we will all make our way here now that BT is live again.

Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

I sent Don a note so maybe soon he will get on. Yay, I am g
    Ad we all were able to find our way on her, it's like missing old friends, then finding them again!

I have just found out we have spell check and can edit without too much fuss, that is good for me, and Candice I don't usually like change either, but Hey if it will get us some of those pretty stars like Trish has and I can at least spell my name thats a plus, I can not tell you how many times I have stressed because I can't get my brain and typing to work together ! Glad we are all finding our way back , Yay !!!

Hi All,
    Glad to see everyone have found their way back!

I have been MIA because I have been dealing with other health issues (It's always something isn't it?). In early June I was diagnosed with invasive lobular breat cancer, and Invasive Ductile Breast Cancer. I'll be having a double mastectomy with reconstruction on Wednesday. I'll be in the hospital until Sat.

I'll be out from work for several weeks recovering, so I'll post when I'm able. I have stored up quite a few articles to post.

BTW: I hate change too! And I too thought I was distinguished.....

Sending (((HUGS)))!
    JulieNH

Julie , I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well.you are very important to many of us and we look forward to your return to the new site, and yeah, I was distinguished for a moment too! And just hoe did Trish get those stars by her
    Thread ? giggle

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JulieNH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi All,

BTW: I hate change too! And I too thought I was distinguished.....

JulieNH
    Some changes are unavoidable. Most of these changes were out of necessity. We needed to change servers because the old one was too old, and too expensive to keep maintained. Continuous software updates are a must, otherwise a site becomes vulnerable to spammers and hackers. We updated the forum software for security reasons, and to be able to bring more features to our members.

Just keep posting, and you will be "Distinguished" again soon. :)
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

The whole gang is rolling in.................... Yay!

Thanks for the explanation David - ok ok we all have to work to be distinquised again................sigh. No overtime NO pay raise - just work work work.

Julie - oh man oh man - how terrible for you and you know you will be in all our thoughts. I am so very sorry to hear of your troubles.

It's just not right - and you know we will be praying for you. My heart goes out to you.
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Community Member

It is good to see everyone rolling in :)

Julie--I just saw your post and please know that I am praying hard for you!!! You are a strong woman and I hope to hear that you are recovering at a fast rate! I am sending you a big (but careful) hug :)
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Julie, OMG I just read your post - I'm praying that your surgery went well and that you're now home resting and recovering. As if you haven't had enough to deal with already!! I know you are an incredibly strong woman, but please remember to be gentle and kind to yourself as you recover.

Sending you lots of love, light and healing energy,

Nat xx
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12