Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Turkey Week Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Cherie, I have read countless posts of people here at BT that can't get someone to fix something and it saddens me to think that trades people use any opportunity to rip some one off. I remember some 30 years ago I did quite a bit of work in a retirement condo complex and there was an older lady that had MS (what ever THAT is) she could not get around nor could she see very well. My wife just reminded me that I could count on 2 service calls a year 1 in the fall because her heater was broken and 1 in the spring because her A/C was broken and you guessed it she could not see the switch on the bottom of the thermostat. I used to take my daughter on the smaller calls she was all of 2 or 3 and had a mini tool belt and while I never charged for the 10 minute fixes my daughter was usually given a quarter and a plate of cookies for my wife.

Today I am cleaning and building some shelves for my wife for a fabric storage area. I don't do anything fast any more I find that if I sit down whether or not I want to I can at least get something done with out working myself into a flare. And besides not having listen to my wife yell at me about over doing it. {grin}

Temp dropped 8 deg since noon its now 35 and clouds moved in and it looks like a snow sky hmmmmm supposed to be clear and 43 deg. Gotta wonder........

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Peg sorry about your back, feel better quick. Gary don't overdo it and cause yourself a flare. Cherie your posts make me tired just reading all you do. I envy your energy.

The cellulitis in my left foot and leg is not much better. At least it does not feel as feverish but my whole foot even the sole of it is peeling and dry. I have been alternating Campho-Phenique, Athlete's foot creme and vitamin E oil and wearing compression hose. I cannot go anywhere as I cannot get any shoe on it.

My doctor's only appointment is Thursday 12/1. I hope he can come up with something better than Keflex. My immune system is just not kicking in.

I have nothing done for Christmas other than the tree up, thanks to David. Also I need to go visit my Mother before Christmas. Our friend Bill (81) who helps her has his brother in the hospital again very ill. He is in a hospital at the beach which is over 45 minutes away from Bill.

Two of my best friends are fighting cancer, Kathy and Maryanne. I'd appreciate any prayers and any suggestions for my foot. Thanks, you are all in my prayers. I am grateful to have all of you to vent to. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 11-27-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Typos

Smile

:) Good morning everyone. Well the cellulitis antibiotic must have supressed something in my bladder because I woke during the night with frequency bordering on burning urination.

I am going to take a urine sample to the doctors office (while wearing only my socks on my swollen foot) and see what goes. I am so tired of feeling rotten. Every day David wants to go shopping or to the mall or out to eat and I just am not up to it. I feel like the grinch. Our caregivers do not truly understand how we feel and even if you try to explain how you are feeling they cannot relate.

I did get my Christmas cards written but I need stamps from the post office. Sorry for being so negative this morning but I am so frustrated. Thanks for being here. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Oh, Jeanie,
    YOU sound miserable! Wish I were there to just hold you.

I have never seen a resolving cellulitis that has not looked cracked and peeling. The Campho-Phenique is drying and is probably not a good idea at this point. You want to keep the area moist so the skin can regenerate so something like an aloe based moisturizer is probably going to help a lot more. Unless the cellulitis was caused by a fungus and not a bacteria, the athletes' foot cream is also potentially making the problem worse rather than better. I am grateful to hear that you are going to the doc and let him have an eyes on opportunity with the feet and you in general.

Remember, we're coming down this week and might be able to meet you and David at some point if you are up to it. I think you have my cell #. If not, email me and I'll give it to you. I know it took us an hour last time to get to where we met (2 hour round trip) so if you're feeling this poorly that may not be an option but I continue to pray for your recovery. Call me if you need to talk.

Smile

:) Cherie I do have your cell number. I did take the urine sample to the doctors office. He was not in and I cannot understand his fellow doctors as they are all speaking Spanish and even their English is very hard to understand. Dr. Nunez I see speaks very clear English and seems to be a top notch doctor. I have a Thurs 12/1 appointment with him.

Bill's brother Charles has fluid on his abdomen since his kidney surgery and today they discovered his heart is leaking blood into his abdomen, so he will probably need surgery. Bill asked Mother to get her church friend to help her tomorrow as he has a doctors appointment and then he is going to the hospital with Charles.

I had a place between my little toe and the next one that I assumed was athlete's foot from the pedicure I had gotten a few weeks ago. The next thing I know my whole foot is swollen and my ankle and peeling on the foot even on the sole. I will try some more lotion with aloe.

David is going out of town the 1st weekend in December, so I am not sure if we will be able to meet this time. Also I'm not sure if I will be able to get a shoe on by then either. I hope we can get together. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Jeanie,
    We don't arrive till the first then I have a couple meetings with MSF before we head to Hollywood. Would you call me and let me know how the appt with Dr. Nunez went and give me an update after you see him? We can plan from there.

Woke up in the night to the cat vomiting. This morning when I got up, she was huddled next to the steam radiator in my office. Several piles of diarrhea in the litter box. I guess I should not have let her have any of the turkey broth and little bits of turkey that were left on the plate once I finished all the deboning after the bones had simmered several hours to make the broth. She is so used to just plain dry food (altho' she loves an occasional splash of something liquid and meaty poured over her food occasionally. Sure hope this is something that quickly resolves with us leaving in about 44 hours from now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12