Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 227527292979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1057

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

Jeannie, your yard is beautiful. You did a great job with all the hard work you've put into it. Hope your dry gets fixed soon.

Pati, I'm sooo sorry about your dad. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Hopefully, your mom can take care of her self. Also, try to quit falling.
    Take care,
    Dawn

very pretty Jeannie. when you mentioned using the tiller it made me think of when we moved here years ago to this nre house then. it had no yard ar anything much and it was winter time. I was a lot younger then and had the tiller going so went the whole length of the driveway and planted some flowers. well I can tell you it was a bad bad mistake as the driveway had a gentle slope to it. and when it rained it let all the gound that I had tilled up wash away some and the re3sult was the whole place that I had broke up was a good deal lower than the re4st of the yard.

yep just what you want when someone tried to back out of driveway. lots of drop off and all. not one of my best ideals, lol.; and of course not even one flower lived. hubby finally years later got some grass squares and lauid them down and it helped some but it has remained somewhast lower all these years.

I do so enjoy seeing your projects and they are always attractive

oh my I added some more to this post and when I looked up, I did not have it in right spot. so there went my additional replies. and then I noticed it had taken about 10 minutes and dawn had a reply that was not there. good to see her but at this rate I sure am slow as a turtle and not reliable at getting my posts down.

Last edited by joy; 09-17-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

pati,

I'm sorry to hear that your father died!

i'm sure it was a surprise to everyone that he had terminal lung cancer and he and your mother never mentioned it! you all could have visited him one last time.

i'm sorry for your mom, too. it doesn't sound like she will be able to care for yourself. i don't know if you have plans to get together with your sibs to talk about that, but it does seem important. didn't you mention that your brother lives up there with them? maybe he will take care of her. once again, i'm sure you are shocked and i am sorry for your loss .

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Pati dear, what a shock this past week or so has been for you! I am so sorry about your dad. I know you truly cared for him

It's hard to know what to say at times like this, but please know we are here for you and if you need anything please let us know.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you--------- Julia (((( Pati ))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

pati I am thinking of you and your sons. not very good at expressing myself. I hope the PM I sent went through. I lost at least one after typing it. thought I was done but must have not hit the submit button right. I did hit some button just not right one and whoosh it was all gone.

be good to yourself during all this. much love to you and yours.

Default one more wound cleaner

Julia I just discovered another kind of wound cleaner that doctors have had me use during the years. it is Hibiclens. it is sorta a red color and is a antiseptic/antimicrobial skin cleaner. this was the one that meant business the most and I think it may have been what they used to put on skin if surgery was being done. hope whatever place you needed it for is better now.

got your PM just fine Joy,thank you! made the trip to other side of state to see Mom. she's ok-still in shock I believe. didn't see my brother which was fine with me. we were gone 12 hrs so took the dog & she was great. I'm still exhausted. still haven't cried yet. all is a bit unreal to say the least. didn't stop @ cemetary since he's yet to be cremated,I was lied to. glasses finally got here. mom was scared by all my face injuries. wants me to go to a doctor.

Thank you Joy for all the tips on wound cleaner. Hate to admit it, but have forgotten what needed healing. lol It was probably me, head to toe. You know, I barely remember anything about Christmas. From then on it has been hard to remember anything at all. Here it is Autumn , I totally missed spring, summer and try hard to remember Autumn.

I need to find out about me driving again. I haven't driven a year ago in June. That was by my choice, but it is up to the Neuro Drs. and the HWD now. I don't like that, but if it isn't safe for me or others on the road then I'll try to accept it with grace and dignity! In other words, I won't lay down in the floor and scream, kick and holler in the Drs. office . That would surely make me have another one of those horrible seizures and that would be THAT as to whether I could drive again!!

On to more pleasant things. Ken took Lauren Julia and me to see our brand new great-granddaughter Yesterday.

They only live about a mile from us, but I hate it that I can't go down there anytime I please and start spoiling that little darling. Her Mom is my sweet Jenny, they named her Lillian Brenda but will call her Lily "thank goodness." She has jet black hair, just like Jenny. Her daddy wanted me to hold her, so I asked him to put her in my arms. When it was time to go I asked him to take her because I was afraid I would drop her. We had a good day yesterday

Well, enough blabbing from me. It's good to see more posting these days. I'm praying the rest of this year will be good for all of us. I know there are heavy burdens being carried by some, but we will help you carry them.

Christina, I hope you are doing well and will drop in and say hi.

My love to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Pati, I know you must be totally exhausted and I don't want to make things worse for you, but I do want you to know We care very much. I mean Ken and myself. Ken was sad at the news of your Dad, he is also sad you are having such a time falling. He gets very upset when I fall because I usually hit my head. When I described your fall he was really worried about that and he want to know every time I hear from you how are things concerning your fall. Yes, we both care!!

I probably sound stupid, but was that 12+ hrs. one way? Which ever it is a very long trip. If you need anything that we can help you with please let me know. Would you send me your email addy? I had a computer crash about the first hospital trip I had. HE got me a new lap top but I liked the old one better. Anyway, I lost every bodies emails, Phone #'s and addresses. The lightening just wiped everything out. I would be grateful if you could PM me your email address.

You take care of all those bumps and bruises. It wouldn't hurt for you to have an EEG to make sure you have no seizure activity or bleeding. I don't mean to scare you or give you thins to worry about. I don't think I had ever had seizures until a few years ago. The Neuro put me on medicine and said I would probably need it for quiet awhile.

I know how you feel about Drs. and meds. and I feel about the same way. If I had not had them this last go around I don't think I would be here now. That doesn't mea I don't believe in the power of prayer, it's just God steady's the Drs. hands some time's.

I'm no preacher so I'll shut up. I just love you(((( Pati,)))) Jo

for my brother Ben

pati even tho it is late I am so glad I stopped long enough to check in here. I did not sleep a wink all sunday night. so I did so chair napping today but really NEED TO GET BACK TO TRYING TO SLEEP NORMAL HOURS AS NOTHING GETS DONE THIS WAY.

I DO NOT KNOW WHO I AM MORE RELIEVED TGO SEE HERE TONIGHT, YOU PATI OR YOU JULIA, LOL. GUESS IT IS EVEN. sorry about caps just too much to try and watch. patri be really smart about falls and you too Julia. if your head gets bumped at all, see about it. I was so stupid to let mine go thinking well I had an appointment in several weeks (probably longer than that, don't remember)

Julia geesh I just looked back and want to congratulate you oon tghat beautiful baby. I see you did a good job of telling pati about those head falls but with my back up saying the same thing maybe pati will get checked out.

about driving, doctor said I could drive but it is my scary thinking that keeps me from doing it usually. well the other sunday I had to drive to church and worst of all I mnot only had grand daughter but one of her friends. I did ok. well tuuthfully it is paved roads and most are like redisidental roads and less than a mile from home or half mile. but hey I did it. yay.

everyone take care now. hope I am not so excited about seeing 2 new posts at once and can sleep.

Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 227527292979899100101102103104105106 LastLast