Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 631567696101102103104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,057 of 1057

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

I have started the training for my position. Wow, I don't know how I'm going to be able to remember all this information. I thought it would just be a breeze no problem position. I know more practice will help but geez it's been six years since I last worked.

Finally, got the Christmas decorations up. I haven't done my baking yet. Will do it next week for sure. We went to a Charles Dickens play last weekend. It was call a Christmas Carol. Had a nice time. We even went to dinner before the play. So I was really spoiled that day. Came home after and put the tree up with my daughter.

This will be the last Christmas, who know when next, that I will be spending with my youngest daughter. So a bitter sweet Christmas. I don't know when I will be able to spend Christmas with my oldest since she is in Montana. The youngest goes back to California next summer.

My youngest boyfriend has had an enough with the Minnesota winters. Can't blame him but gosh they don't have to go so far. His parents think that California schools are the best.
    Take care,
    Dawn

congratulations on the job. no worries just take it one step at a time and pretty soon you will wonder why it was that you ever doubted your skills. sure 6 years is a tad long but I bet it all comes back quickly. now for me if I could just tell when I stand up that my legs have gone to sleep, maybe I woulod quit falling down. I took a spill yesterday and since there is not much feeling in legs above my kneews, I had no ideal that they were more than numb, so down I went. it was kinda like slow motion (because I am so tall, ha ha) but I saw the rock fireplace front p0iece and also my new metal trash casn with the scalloped in the metal all around the top. I did not hit the trash can thank heavens if a plazstic container did what it did the time I fell well this would slice my head open. I am just awfully sore. it took me 2q hours to get up out of the floor though. I scooted out of den where there is toile into the bathroom thinking I could pull up on the bathtub. no luck. so I scooted into the living room to try the couch or even the chsirs recliners with wooden handles. my feet kept scooting because rthe til and wood both werew so darned slick. anyway afyer Imanaged to get up, I was worn out. and my muscles are still getting sore and will stay that way for awhile. but whew, no broken bones.

I don't want a bah humbug holiday so yes I will start trying to see if my legs are ready to get up when my brain thinks it is ready. guess I can try pinching my thighs and see if they are awake and take a chance on lower legs. I did get my walker closer so no worries i9f I drug that thing out and left it so it is easier to get to, I am serious about it. hate having to use it but hate having to stay down if something is broke or hurtg. being in a walker is definitely better than having to stay in bed or chair all the time.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

JOY!! What are we going to do with you , Pati, well, lil old me, the whole lot of us!! Don't knock the WALKER!! If I didn't have it with me at all times I would stay in the floor. It's hard to stay up-right as it is!!

That walker is not going to do you any good in the closet, does it? Joyous, I would be lost without you. You are not well and I am not well either so why tempt fate?

Now we know Pati is very ill and we both would love to help her. I hope you are doing better today, Pati. It will take some time and it's good you already know all of this.

I'm going to have to do something, Ken went to get something for the TV and he is afraid to leave me alone. It's good to have someone around. Sometimes it good to just do things for oneself.

Joy, I do love you and don't won't you to get hurt. Please be careful and USE that WALKER!! I don't like using a walker, but I was killing myself. Sometimes I just think it would be better to go on so everybody around me would just rela!
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Hi all, I haven't been here in awhile so thought I would come say hello (& happy holidays). Over 30 years ago I was in college & was an art student. I mostly liked/did pottery but when I graduated didn't know where to go (part of the trouble was also that I didn't drive...due to my epilepsy). Well, the other day we bought a used pottery wheel & used kiln so now I can throw pots again
    Lorraine (lor)

I haven't done pottery in years, but so enjoyed it when I did. You've given me an idea to maybe look
    for a class that I could take.

Joy, you need to use that walker. You have fallen way too many times. I'm worried about it.

Lor, that's great. I haven't done it since high school. It's so nice to hear from you.
    Take care,
    Dawn

It's time to close this thread and start a new one. Please update your bookmarks/links to the new thread below...

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...penin-(Part-2)
    It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Moderator #5

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 631567696101102103104105106