Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 123456712325277102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

glad to be back!

i KNOW i posted up there, the 4th post, after joy's and before dawn's! i was NOT hallucinating. i wrote how i've been playing with the dogs and doing yardwork. i also wrote that when bt was gone for it's facelift (i like that deedee :)), i found i spent a lot less time on the computer.

so anyway, my yardwork continues. september will be bulb planting time and i want to mix some irises that bloom in the spring AND the fall with the ones i have now. i also am digging a trench to divide the yard in half...to separate my garden from the dog area. i ran into a HUGE piece of cement, which i realized was the ratwall for the garage that the previous owners of our house never built. and it's right in the way of my line of boxwoods. so my husband said to put a little gate there, cause i'm going to want to get to the backyard where the shed is without having to go up to the front of my garden and then way back into the yard. i thought that a stellar idea! i will be taking pics at the end of the season to show what i've done this year. my rose bush kind of stopped blooming for a week or so, now it's full of those raspberry roses again. i had to put a little barrier in front of my rhododendrons cause when nora plays ball, she runs over everything, she is just so intent on getting that ball.

so, the days are cooler, low to mid-80's, low humidity (for a change) and it is so nice to be out from about 6 to 830. it's already getting dark by 900 now...just a reminder that summer is waning.

i'm praying for all of you and your various problems. i do hope they sort themselves out soon. leo, for what it's worth...maybe you can join a beginner's yoga class to get some strength back. you have to get your muscles strong so they can support your bones. i would also get massages with a person who knows what they are doing and can get to the hurt muscles. then i would just start easily walking, maybe riding a stationary bike to get moving. yes, you will prolly have pain for a while, but the longer you sit or lay, the more your muscles atrophy from disuse. just my .

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 08-17-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I guess when I got back from vacation braintalk came back (I never knew it was gone). HI EVERYONE who sees this.

I forget, who wrote about hummingbirds? Was it you jeanie? I thought of that when camping. You see, I was sitting by the pop-up & a hummingbird buzzed my head. It went up to the orange & yellow novelty lights we put on the camper &I guess tried to get necter from the little flower shaped (a sun) plastic lights.

Christina, I thought of you when we passed Flint (went to Grayling).
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Default took awhile!

took me a dozen tries to finally get logged in. now how do I get bold/larger print?

Joy, I had one of the worse sales in 10 yrs. will have to try again in a few weeks. people refuse to believe I'm closing my shop! (maybe that explains few sales?)

weather is perfect here. 70's & sunshine.

one of my lifetime friends called yesterday & we jabbered for 2 hrs. both of us agreed we should talk more often.

my back is worse than it's been in many years-hopefully will improve soon!

Leo,you are a strong & determined woman,now face that darn MRI machine & don't let it win. too bad you can't take a med. they should be able to come up with a solution!

glad I got into BT,was about to give up!and no I didn't get anything done while not here,can barely move.

Community Member

Jeannie, LOL, I've done yoga for 15 years!!! Problem isn't strength or flexibility, the problem is something got injured and nobody realized it b/c the docs insisted for a month it was still my GYN issue.... then we tried PT and it made things way worse.... Oy!

I am trying to get my head into a place of thinking the MRI is no big deal. But I am still scared. Of what it will show, as well as the scary tiny space of it. I know it's necessary, it's just hard to find the mental strength after all these weeks (months) of unrelieved pain. I'm worn out.... DOc is going to give me Xanax and to he** with other issues, just gotta get me in that machine for 30-40 minutes and be done with it all.

I just keep hoping the MRI will show my spine is okay. If my spine is okay, I can focus on pain management and getting into the right kind of PT. If not...oh he**, who knows? Docs sure don't!

Sending everyone sunny vibes,
    Leo
    Dx: Epilepsy; depression; chronic GERD and peptic ulcer disease; pelvis and spine damage from accident.

alive but mixed up
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Well it looks like we are all slowly coming back.

I'm watching a Concert of P!nk on a DVD and thought it might be a good time to try and send everyone good thoughts. Things have been going real well for me. I'm back to taking quite a bit of medication but I feel pretty good. My spirits have stayed up and that is important to me. I guess I'm just one who has to take a lot of medication to be "sane". I have been busy with my painting and now I have found some cheap building projects. Made with wood , I have built a tiger and a ship. I've stained and painted them. Just something to keep me busy.

I don't really need projects to keep busy. I seem to be having big floods in my house the I have had to cleanup. First it was a neighborhood kid who turned on my hose and left it setting under the crack in my front door. Flooded my kitchen good. Then a hose burst in my basement and flooded my whole basement, carpets and all. It has taken two weeks of my sisters dehumidifier and my carpet cleaner to dry it out. I thought for sure I was going to have to throw them out.

Although I feel good it seems the my family as a unit has it's flaws right now. But I am chosing not to let it bother me, and am kinda outside the problems. I do seem stuck with listening to what is going on through my mom and my sister and oddly I'm the reasoning voice in it all. Things are not good with my Bro-in-law and his girlfriend toward my mom and my sister. Seems his girlfriend is feeling threatened by us and acting out to them. I only spend some time with my niece and nephew when I can and I don't see them often to be a problem.

Well, here I go again ,, all about me.

This concert is pretty good. I keep making mistakes trying to do both at once.

I think I better go and pause this cause I have more to write in Jan's thread. Talk to you all soon.

Deedee

P.S. I added pictures of some of my flowers in my garden on my profile. Would love to have some friends added to my friend section. I'm really liking the new BT. Anyone into blogging?

Dee

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Oh, oh, oh -- Deedeelyn what a joy your photos are. Thank you.
    And thanks for telling that they are there .... it's never entered my mind :o to look at a Profile.

Dee your flowers are just so lovely. What are those tall purple flowers that have a small bloom? Do you have to really work to keep your roses from getting spotsetc best I can remember from my only one experience so many years ago trying to grow roses. It was back in the years we lived by my mother. I haven't tried ANY flowers in the last years or so. I do have so thta return faithfully year after year. And sadly I am losing more and more of one of those. A tall phlox (I think) that my mother gave me. In fact the only two kinds of flowers I do have. Except that I once transplanted some wild. well shoot, lol my mind is gone gone, lol. Anyway

I am just now noticing that Pati and Jeannie and clouds, labella and more have posted and i did not realise it until just today. It sure is good to see people returning. :) gotta get off computer as this sitting is killing me.

I was booted off with a weird reply. must add that i have been getting online in a weird way as i have been logging on by hitting a message that came with a notice from pati's private message. i bookmarked it once i did get online and was relieved to see it worked normal just now. so hopefully i will be back again soon. :o

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 123456712325277102 ... LastLast