Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 42954749499100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1057

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Pati, you tell that HM that you have give much of your life doing for him , now it's pay-back time!! I'll tell you what Beth told me when I was in hospital, now Mom, sometimes you just have to get in their face.

So, first get in HM's face, then take on the Drs. and nurses. If we don't have an advocate you are doomed. Decide who you want to speak up for you and let it be known to everybody. I learned a lot when I was in the hospital. I plan to fill out all the things they are sending me wanting to know what I thought!!

It is a personal choice as to whether you go to the Dr. or not. In my later years I have decided that I need to make sure I do the things I need to do to ward off any bad things. Sometimes I feel like it's a losing battle, but a bit of clear thinking I know my first feelings were the right ones.

I had a nurse call me today, Sunday, to give me the results of all the blood they drew Wednesday. I am not too happy with some of it, but I don't think me fretting over it will make it better. The Internist is sending me to a Hemologist (?) for some more testing . oh happy day!

Pati, I know about butt's getting numb. I've been in that mini van so much I don't have much feeling there at all!!

I think of all you beautiful people and I thank the Lord every day for all the people hear at BT! The Drs. wonder at times why I know some times. I tell them about BT and make sure they don't confuse it with Facebook!!

Hope all have a good evening, Julia to all
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

wow, where did everybody go? Maybe I just dreamed I saw all you lovely people. Clouds, where did you go? Sly, now stick a little note in there while you are reading. I know it's hard to read and try to catch up and I get exhausted just reading and don't feel like posting.

I'm trying to do better, but it's hard to talk to myself.

I thought I saw one fly by?? Yep, got to be ghost in here. Think I'll run and hide until I see some REAL People!!

Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

speaking about "sitting" well this is not nioce but we ate in church gym last night. they dedcided to just go ahead and stay in gym and have the business meeting. well that was 2 hours of sitting on a metal chair.

ouch well not the whole 2 houirs for me because my bones in behing began hurting something awful so I chose to try and stand for awhile. some sweet person recognized my troiubles and sent a young man to get a chair with some padding for me. but oh I am still oh so sore. all and any of my bones have always been sensitibe to any pressure and that was murder lastnight, lol. take care all

well Jo, feel like I'm only half a person these days but I'll give it a try. getting cold here. snow on passes. not looking forward to winter! deer are still here. flowers are done for. least it's green again! bad storms over the weekend. youngest son came back over weekend & acted like a normal human his roommate's son had beaten him up so maybe knocked some sense into him? he'll be back this weekend. dreading that. still a selfish a-hole sorry to say. oldest son hasn't called lately.

Pati, I hope you know you are loved, all of you!~ You have been thru so much sorrow this year and it is getting to you. I am glad you did post though. Fact is other than the feeling just half here I rather enjoyed your post,

When you talk about your critters it makes my heart feel warm and cozy. I was going to tell you we had a family of SKUNKS that took up living underneath our house. I hope they are gone none but not sure and I ain't gonna go under house to see~! I like your deer much better. We see a lot of deer around here, but haven't seen one this year yet, but I haven't been out much.

I pray things will be better for you and all your family. Know we are here for you if you need anything, ok?

Now, How Bout Them Seahawks???? I would love to see them go all the way this year! I'm still proud of them no matter what!

You take care and look out for the skunks, that may be on their way up your way~~~~ lol

Love you bunches girl, Jo ((((Pati))))

for my brother Ben

Community Member

I agree Jo - you are all loved!!!! And important. And thought of!!

Again I'm away and back. I wish I could be more consistent.

Sending all my love and prayers to you all. I'm hanging in there - I posted in the Hola thread. Just dealing you know? Living in the moment as much as possible.

My sweet precious 16-year old is almost done with football season. Well the regular season. His team is in the playoffs!!! 1st game Friday! His picture has been in the paper 3 times and he's got some good yardage as a running back and a wide receiver. I am SO GRATEFUL and happy for him. So proud. Grateful.

Love to all,
    Sly

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

i went out into my backyard last week and took some pics of a few blooms that were left in my yard. there were 2 days of frost last week, although it has warmed up a bit. a lot of these plants are the ones that i planted this year. i'll put the pics up and then describe them in order.

DSCN0009.jpg DSCN0010.jpg DSCN0011.jpg DSCN0016.jpg DSCN0019.jpg DSCN0020.jpg DSCN0021.jpg DSCN0024.jpg DSCN0025.jpg DSCN0026.jpg DSCN0027.jpg Garden 004.jpg DSCN0031.jpg DSCN0028.jpg what i started with.jpg DSCN0022.jpg

pic 1: the yarrow plant. i love the feathery/ferny leaves.
    pic 2: the plumbago. it's blue flowers turn into those reddish flowers after they fade.
    pic 3: the guara bush. the bush will grow to about 2' X 2', and the flowers are on long stems, so they dance in any breeze.
    pic 4: my carnation that my daughter gave me for mother's day. it's still blooming today! i keep pinching off the dead flowers and it keeps on going.
    pic 5: a couple echinacea's that were closed when i bought them, but bloomed after i planted them last month.
    pic 6: a close up of one of my roses. there was a light drizzle when i took these pics and the spots on the rose are rain.
    pic 7: my rose bush, still with a few blooms left, even today too! it's almost 6 ft. high and 4 ft. wide.
    pic 8: a weigela bush. it will have clusters of those bright red flowers with the white stamens in the center in the spring. it grows about 6ft. high by 6 ft. wide. i got it for $1.86!!!!
    pic 9: my rhododendron bush turning colors. i had 3 hodo's, one died of a fungus this summer, so i planted the weigela bush between the other 2 left.
    pic 10: something called chocolate joe pye weed. it has brown stems with clusters of little white flowers. it blooms in the fall.
    pic 11: my purple sand leaf cherry this fall...see how much it's grown since...
    pic 12: the purple sand leaf cherry in bloom this spring.
    pic 13: what i did this summer: i did that half circle in front of my patio and made a connection of plants to the full cirle of plants. i rake leaves now and i have them in a pile so i can mulch them and spread the mulch around the garden later this fall.
    pic 14: the back of my patio. i planted two dogwood bushes on either side of the walkway of the patio. they'll grow to 5 ft. x 5 ft. and have white and green leaves and white flowers. the stems of the dogwood are red now and through the winter. the gate is temporary, so the dogs don't go in the garden, i'll put up a biiger, regular garden gate there next year.
    pic 15: what was there in march 2011.
    pic 16: this is a bloom on my butterfly bush which will grow about 4 ft. high by 4 ft. wide. the bloom is a blackish purple.

some of you, depending on your computer, can click on the first pic and then view all the pics in a row. some will have to click on each pic to see it bigger. to get back to this post and see the next pic, if you are viewing each one at a time, just click your mouse anywhere in the black area around the pic. if you see something that says "Attachment 1006", then just click on each individual number, and it will show you the pic.

thank you for sharing and caring.
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 10-29-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

i just wrote in the alzheimer's forum and so i have less to say here !

the switching back an hour in time starts my winter blues. i have been feeling icky the past 2 weeks, edgy and a bit afraid. i will get used to it, though and just settle down into feeling blue for the next 3 months or so.

i had a cyst on the inner part of my left thumb. i am sure that all the gardening i have done the last three years started it growing. the doctor said it's cause by arthritis, but she said i only had mild arthritis in my thumb. what happens is that the lining of the joing starts leaking synovial fluid, which is the fluid that lubricates your joints. the fluid pushes a tunnel through from your joint to the outer part of your skin and the fluid builds up and causes a lump. the lump is hard because the skin on your thumb is tight and it's not a big space. the cyst was covering about 1/3 of my thumb at the knuckle. i didn't want it to go into my nail bed, cause that would be painful. this cyst was causing me no pain, it just looked gross.

so yesterday i went to the hand surgeon and she numbed my thumb and put a needle in it and sucked out the fluid. i hope you guys aren't eating yet *. there is a 50/50 chance the cyst will come back, but she hopes scar tissue will cover the tunnel from the joint and stop fluid from moving. if it doesn't work, she has to so surgery to close up that tunnel. so, i have a big bandage over my thumb. i can take it off this afternoon and put a regular bandaid on it. my thumb was still numb (lol...rhymes) when i went to bed last night, although i had some feeling on the tip of it.

i still have leaves to shred this weekend and that will be it for this season. i am already thinking of thanksgiving! i've been keeping up with the posts in the other threads and it's good to see y'all have been doing pretty good, except for julia's still present pneumonia, which i hope responds to the different antibiotics!!

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jeannie, your flowers are beautiful. I wish I had the sun to grow flowers. We have many trees. Which brings me to my complain. I hate picking up the leaves this fall. It seems like every weekend until it snows we are out there getting the leaves picked up.

Next house is going to have no trees. Boring but worth it just to not have to rake leaves.

Take care,
    Dawn

i hope that Jeannie your hand is healed and dawn so nice to see posts from you. i have been sorta doing nothing much latgely and had an aunt die, just have one left now and she was the twin to one that died. so much else going on and i do not stay on one thing long enough to finish before my mind is off to something else. take cate all.

Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 42954749499100101102103104105106 LastLast