Thread: ugh...what a weekend....

Community Member

Default ugh...what a weekend....

Early saturday morning (around 5am) I woke up to get a drink and my back was bothering me some so I tried to crack it (which I do all the time).... Next thing I know my mid back started hurting really bad....just kept getting worse and worse. Nothing I did helped at all. It got to the point where I was almost crying. When I was standing it felt like i could just collapse on the floor. I finally made my dad take me to the ER. They did a CT scan to see if it was kidney stones. They said I do have a few stones in my kidneys but none that were moving down out of it that would be causing any pain. They said I had a bad flank strain and told me to see a chiropractor. Then saturday afternoon the muscles in my right shoulder (which is messed up already) took a fit and I was in a good bit of pain from that. Had my dad and my son rub it, took some excederin, and half a muscle relaxer.....didn't help. I took a whole muscle relaxer before bed so I would sleep. Today some of the muscles in my neck are pretty sore. Then the ER just called me and said I need to call my pcp in the AM because when the other doctor looked at my ct he found some abnormalities.... just my luck. It's always one thing or another....

Distinguished Community Member

well good luck. and just your bad luck because of it being a holiday week. I am in same boat needing more information and knowing how much harder it will be to find out when my doctor is in two different town and in mine the least.

I hope it is not anything to bad and that it is something that can be done easily to take away your pain.

Welcome to the emotional forum. Please keep us informed as to what is going on.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default (((( hkaga))))

I'm so sorry you had such a bad week-end. You are already fitting so many battles with all your other health issues.

I'm hoping you are finding some relief today. Let us know how things go today.

take care, Julia aka Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Hang in there. It always gets better somehow. Let us know what the doctor found. I would have been worried too if they would have called me back and said that.
    Take care,
    Dawn

hkaga, hope you are feeling better now. I ended up taking 2 muscle relaxer's over the weekend myself,hate those things! hang in there-hopefully some answers soon & better days ahead. (((gentle hugs))) Pati

Community Member

I called the ER this morning and had them fax over the ct report to my doctor. My doctor said they would call me after they got it and the doctor got a chance to read it. Well they called my house instead of my cell, so I never got the message till this evening...after they were closed...ugh Sometimes they call my cell and sometimes they call the house...i should have called the house and checked the messages but I was busy at work and didn't think of it. So I am going to call them back first thing in the morning and see whats up. I am still stiff and sore in my neck and back....but not in severe pain. Some of the areas where the muscles had really cramped up this weekend are sore. I go to see the chiropractor this wednesday. Also wednesday morning I go to see the new neuro.... I will keep you all updated on everything. Thanks everyone.