Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My mother is making me pay way, too much rent and ......

Distinguished Community Member

Exclamation My mother is making me pay way, too much rent and ......

Medicaid won't pay for all of my medical supplies and there's no, way, I can afford them!!
    What can/ do I do???

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Question

Phyllis, you need your meds. and that is a must!!

Your Mom should understand that. It wouldn't look too good on her if you had to live the life as a street person, would it?
    Surely she will understand if you have a talk with her.

good luck, Jo ((((Phyllis))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Lightbulb Jo,............................................... ...................................

It's not oral Meds. It's a medical appliance. She says, Medicaid is supposed, to be paying, so, deal with them.
    But, they've, already, refused to pay!

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Phyllis do you physically pay your mother or does a certain amount go directly to her. If you pay her directly then simply don't give her as much and tell her you need your medical needs met. What is she going to do? Is she your caretaker or anything? She will have to go to a bunch of trouble to evict you and by that time you could pay her off. Isn't there places that will help you with your medical expenses. Aren't there social service organizations in your area? Call the renter's association in your area. Don't know if that makes any sense but maybe they can give you an idea.

Lightbulb Chris,

I give it to her, in, cash. And yes, she can kick me out, because, SSI said, that amount goes to rent.

I have to look into getting help. I have Spina Bifida, so, they can probably, help.

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Phyllis, Medicaid doesn't care about you or your amount of rent. They are just concerned that you have enough for your meds. Speaking as if I were 'Mr. Medicaid', you need $___ for your med needs & thats that. I don't care about your other $ needs. It seems your mom would want to help her DD.

What are/is your med, needs? Just curious.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Medicaid doesn't give a crap about you. They only allow so much coverage and you and your doctor find a way to make it work. You don't get money from medicaid. Just things that are covered and things that aren't. Sometimes if you get a good doctor who is willing to go to bat for you they can send medical necessity letters to Medicaid to prove a need and only then will they cover it, if they want. Has your doctor tried that? The money is a whole different category. They are separate.

Default Lor,.............................................. ...................................

They know how much I'm paying and they expect her to get that every month. I doubt, you'd know what this is,
    but, they're urostomy supplies.

Phyllis

Default Chris,

My Dr. has bent over, backwards, sending them letters. They know what it is, so, they don't see it as, a big deal.
    I mean, they don't see it like, they would, something, involving, breathing, ya know??

Phyllis

Default Jo,............................................... ...................................

This isn't something, that, would cause me to become homeless. In fact, it's something that KEEPS me at home,
    if, I don't have it.

Phyllis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast