Thread: What a Croc

Default What a Croc

Love 'em or hate them heres a study into how wearing crocs helps us MS folks with walking. I never have mine off my feet , even in the bath.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-resea...people-with-ms
    Graham
    RRMS Diag. Dec 08 - 4yrs 9mnths after first relapse
    11 lesions to date. IFnBeta Jan 09.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've never tried on any Crocs and so am not sure what the textured insole is like. I'm assuming it's an insole that has a roughed-up surface of some kind so the foot can get a better grip?

That sounds like a good idea to me. But I'm not sure whether you mean "classic" Crocs clogs or other styles with the Crocs name.

When I hear about Crocs, I think of the clogs, and I'd avoid them because they have a heel strap and "ventilation ports" in the toebox. This means that pebbles, broken glass, staples, etc., can work their way into your shoe and be injuring your foot before you're aware of it--if you have numb feet, as some people with MS do.

Thank you for calling attention to the textured insoles idea. I'll be looking into Crocs in some of the other available styles.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Default crocs

I wear just the classic clog ones , Amazon sometime have them in unpopular colours reduced on offer.

But yes i wear them all the time, its a kindof raised dot textured inner sole but also they are malleable so tend to absorb the wobble in gait and have a very good grip inside and out. Never had problems with stuff getting into them , but if u were to walk thru long wet grass definately would get wet.
    Graham

I will investigate them, as I'm always looking for shoes that don't hurt. I have had numbness in my feet for some time, but now I have pain too due to my other disease, Polycythemia Vera. My favorite shoes are not shoes but are slippers. They are Haflinger soft sole slippers (they have no raised sole, like some others, and are easy to conform to your feet and stay on.) I have some old ones which I've had for seven years, getting them just before dx of Polycythemia Vera. I live where shoes are not readily available, except very limited selection, so I depend on mail order. I ordered my new Haflingers from a store in Wallingfor district in Seattle, easy to find online and very helpful

Crocs are in cataloges, all kinds. Do they run true to size?

Mariel

Quote Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will investigate them, as I'm always looking for shoes that don't hurt. I have had numbness in my feet for some time, but now I have pain too due to my other disease, Polycythemia Vera. My favorite shoes are not shoes but are slippers. They are Haflinger soft sole slippers (they have no raised sole, like some others, and are easy to conform to your feet and stay on.) I have some old ones which I've had for seven years, getting them just before dx of Polycythemia Vera. I live where shoes are not readily available, except very limited selection, so I depend on mail order. I ordered my new Haflingers from a store in Wallingfor district in Seattle, easy to find online and very helpful

Crocs are in cataloges, all kinds. Do they run true to size?

Mariel
    Yes, size wise they were great fit, they are roomy if u want to go bigger but dont slip and can be worn inside and out and quite amazingly comfortable. Although in winter they arent as warm as furry slippers would be , i have my sheepskins on now.
    Amazon is where i got mine in some dreary colour (8 or $14) and so were reduced in cost. good luck i hope it works out
    Graham

Community Member

Very interesting. I have some Croc knock-offs and LOVE them! May be worth investing in the real thing. :-)
    "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
    John Donne

Try TravelTimes by Easy Spirit instead. The quality and comfort way outshines the Crocs. Wait for an online sale with free shipping.