Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any tips to stay CALM during an MRI ???

More tips ~ I love it!!!

Ok Heidi - so happy you all are coming with me in that damn tube! I hear you - close your eyes never open - check :)

The only other time they did this (me double loaded with Xanex) they put a white facecloth over my eyes - the weight of it helped - this time I am going to ask for 2 folded facecloths.

It's so bright you would think a side effect would be a nice glowing tan - Hey they could make some more $$$ that way!

I will ask for the music ear muffs but that machine was so loud I couldn't hear the music anyhow - but I will take the ear muffs anyhow - anything that distracts me is a good thing!

Leonie/Marite ~ good to see you found us!!! Welcome back to BT :)

Pati ~ I will give the counting a go too. I will try counting almost nekid jungle boys (Ging's idea) dancing for my entertainment - think I will go with Johnny Depp - I am sure he won't mind

If he's busy I will conjur up someone else! Hmmmm............. the Valium should HELP with the conjuring!

1 little 2 little 3 little Johnny Depps ~ 4 little 5 little 6 (all for me) little Johnny Depps!

I hope the techs don't hear me singing out loud!

Thanks for the tips!

I am becoming stronger about this every day!
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 11-20-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Distinguished Community Member

the cheap skates, they never offer me drugs either. i would also panice more if i had anything over my face. funny how we are alike in some things but differ in others. I always dread them tho and it always causes something to hurt more getting in or out and the just staying!!! sure wish there were easier ways to be had in our small town. i have heard of walk in types or am I day dreaming?

I don't have enough air to sing and breath together and be frightened at same time tho.

I still say my ONE thought would be, I ain't gonna have to repeat this dang thing. I try to stay as still as I can and unless my arms have to be up, that is fairly easy. but up, and oh no it is awful. Ihave to do so many arms under head type things to keep especially the right one from freezing up. I had a box fall from a high distance on my shoulder once and I will pay the rest of my days for that.

don't forget to remove all your jewelry & leave it at home! these days gold & silver are being stolen!

good luck,you'll do just fine I'm thinking!

Hey Everyone!

I did it I did it I did it!!! ... MRI and No valium :)

And you know what - I'm really embarassed now - because it was easy!

The reason it was easy - they had the new machine - much shorter much wider much easier and ONLY 15 minutes instead of an hour!

They told me how brave I was - you kidding - it was so darn easy!!

2 faceclothes over the eyes.

I have to admit I had a headache on one side after all the loud noises though ??? Talk about loud vibrations - sheeesh. Jackhammer city!

Also some MRI noises that really sounded Alien to me - felt like I had been abducted for a moment or two!

Then I sat around drinking 2 huge glasses of the Barium drink and 2 hours later did a CT Scan with contrast - for another Dr.

My eyes went buggy with drinking the juice - like optical migraine stuff. SO weird!

I was there long enough - I felt they should have given me my own office! :) :):)

Thank goodness - the MRI is over for another year.

Not that it's hard to do - ya know ..... hee hee hee

The Unwussy Trish!!!
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 11-22-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Tropical Trish

give yourself a treat now. glad they used a new machine. never doubted you'd do just fine!

well so glad. I am happy for you. aced it huh!!! Yay. I hope i don't have one for some long time but i did make it through the last one with minimial pain so maybe i will stay calm enough at least until i am told i have to go and then see if i still feel like panicking. I do usually have anxiety medicine so if i can remember next time. I really believe i would like to try a valium instead. sometimes the anxiety pills does the unexpected for me. Like a lot of pills do come to think of it. blah!

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Yay Trish...of course you did!!

Nat xx
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Yay you, but darn it, that was so fast you didn't even have time to conjure up the little johnny dancers, tee he, well at least you are done for a year. Now on to the fun Holiday stuff :)

Thanks Ladies!

Like I said I am now embarrassed that I made such a big deal out of the tests & over stressed myself ~ and then they were so darn easy.

Blush....

And yup Ging ~ Johnny Depp didn't even make an appearance during the MRI - he is Definitely off my Christmas card list !!!

I drank water like a fish ~ to off all the nasty radiation of the one test ~ and I don’t think I am glowing in the dark but… sure am having those prism flashes get in the way of my vision every since
    the MRI then the CT scan

It’s sort of like looking through a crystal – but just on the edge of your vision ~ like the outside of your vision is clear … but warped.

Can play #%$# when I am driving – so yesssssssssss I did pull over!

Hmmmm…………

http://www.themigrainesolution.com/opticalMigraines.html = all about Optical Migraines ~ should you care to know.

I sure hope that’s NOT a sign of some little platinum coils either connecting with radio waves ~ or jiggling lose ~ or possibly something to do with my 2nd Ane near my eye.

Then again ~ it’s probably just I need eye drops or a vacation in Hawaii – yes yes ~ that’s what it means!

Anyhow ~ Thanks again everyone –I will post when I see the Brain doctor Dudes and report what wisdom they have to impart!

I hope everyone is as stuffed with turkey and the trimmings as I am!

Last edited by TropicalTrish; 11-26-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Tropical Trish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12