Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Couldn't Get To The Docs Today

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default thinking of you

(Stillstanding) Ann thinks the way I always do---try to find a positive or funny aspect in the worst of times. But your situation that day stops us all. I do hope things are better.
    Linda
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Sally I'm sorry this happened to you. Do you have days when you are stronger than others? I do and sometimes I cannot do simple things then a few days later I can. Like putting my hair in a ponytail which I do daily. Some days I cannot get the band on tight enough and it has to be redone several times those days. Other days I can do it easier even though it still is an effort.

Night before last I fell changing from my scooter to the bed in the middle of the night. David was asleep and had his hearing aids out. I yelled several times but he did not hear me, so I finally was able to reach his foot and pull and yell. He got up and helped me up.

However I now weigh 200 and it is not so easy for him to lift me. I am going to be extra careful and try to stay off the floor. You and all this board are in my prayers. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member

Default Pads

Sally, Depends underwear will work for both #1 and #2 whereas Poise pads are just for urinary incontinence. I've had accidents with both and I depend on Depends. A friend wears the poise pads for urinary problems. Hope you only need them for a short time.

Gabriella:angel:
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Thanks Jeanie and linda. It's always reassuring to have your support. If that happens to me Jeanie, I'd have to call 911.

I just thought of that and that's what I'm hoping Gabriella, that this is only temporary. I usually #2 every 5 or 6 days, thank heavens..lol
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

New Community Member

Sally,
    Iím using Cather since all 11 hours sitting home by myself and hate to be wet down there, train my body to go w/#2 when my husband gets home. Need to say that I canít stand up, walk or move my feet. But I still think it could be worst (canít seat in my wheelchair)
    Head up Ė smile, tomorrow is new day

Ava

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

Oh Sally No words just hugs

Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Hi Sally,
    Hope you are feeling better today and the leg is regaining strength.
    Incontinence is a problem for me too. I use Poise pads (although I have NO poise!) all the time but when I go out I use Assurance (Ha!) undergarments. They are like Depends but cheaper and I find them much more comfortable. I get them at Walmart which is the only place I've found them, or they can be found on the Walmart website but are a little more expensive there (go figure?). I'm always sitting on a "puppy pad" ( that term sounds so much nicer!!) just in case of leakage. I've bought supplies from HDIS and regularly buy supplies of all kinds from Allegro, but mostly get my Poise at Costco. HDIS offers sample assortments containing several types and brands of pads or undergarments so you can find what works best for you. All done on line and delivered to your door in a nice plain box. What would/did we ever do without the internet???
    Hope this is just a temporary issue for you.
    Thinking of you, girlfriend!
    Joan

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Thanks Abby, Ava and Joan.. See ya in the morning..Hugs.:o
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Sally, there is nothing like sitting on the floor waiting for the EMTs to arrive...in a blizzard, on valentines day.

I have a nurse come once a week to perform nurse duties that I could probably do
    if I wanted to play contortionist.
    But being supercrip gets old.
    There is great benefit to having someone see you weekly who knows your body
    and will keep an eye out for you.
    I lose perspective and appreciate the lookout.

Have you ever used a transfer board?
    With the right match of board to vehicle you can get your denim buns in the Maserati
    without using your legs. Same thing with the toileting access problem.

This is where a good PT would come in and show you how to slide yourself around
    when your legs are on vacation in Tahiti.

RRRs

Community Member

Hugs to you. I use Poise Pads all the time and once in an odd while I use Depends. I hope your leg is better and you get some mobility back PRONTO.

Lorraine:)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast