Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can I ask cleaning questions

Distinguished Community Member

I've never watched the Hoarder's show. got to keep in mind it's reality TV so doubt it's half true. how people can go public with such stuff is beyond me!

can't recall name of show but BBC used to have 2 ladies that went around in white coats with germ testers. it was a riot! loved to hear their accents. they told it like it was too.

Lor,we've all given you enough ideas to fill a book. didn't realize Steve has a GF that might move in also. I have to admit I was thinking as the mother of sons myself. now I'm wondering why the GF & Steve can't do this for themselves?

another note: you can clean copper pan bottoms with a paste of vinegar & baking soda.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I don't know if she will move in, I just imagine some day she will. I also picture him one day buying it in because he'd already be in & wants to marry & start a family, LOL ... but she could help too. Also, maybe he should tell the owner it needs gutters & some wood fixing that the 3 foot icycles did, before it starts to fall apart in that bad area. Oh well (the cleaning bug bit me & I wanna help.....so far).

TY all for all your help

I have a tip I read. Mice hate the smell of mint so soak a cotton ball in pepermint oil & put it near their entrance to your house. Also plant mint plants arround your foundation to help prevent them from coming in, in the 1st place.
    Last edited by lor; 11-21-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: to add
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Red face

I use

#1. Barkeepers Friend

#2. Twinkle { when I can find it }

#3. Ketchup

I have a LOT of copper that I use all the time.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I never watched that show either. I've seen the beginning but it makes me sick.

What's Barkeepers Friend?
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

yes I've used ketchup to clean copper also. kinda messy.

Lor,barkeeper's friend is a powder like Comet but not as toxic,I had a very hard time finding it here. think I ended up @ Lowe's??

well sounds like Steve is a mature young man that knows what he wants. yes the SIL should pay for new gutters. she might be able to deduct the cost from her taxes but don't take my word on it.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Red face

It is very caustic. It gets rid of tarnish on just about anything and bleaches porcelan sinks better than anything. Yes, it IS hard to find that's why I stock up whenever I see it especially if it's on sale.
    Last edited by Barque; 11-22-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234