Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Anybody Home -

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Alex ~

As Chris mentioned, it's possible that your ear issues are causing vertigo. I pray that all goes well at your appointment tomorrow, and the doctor is able to resolve your ear issues, which will result in no more vertigo.

With COVID, I would imagine that the VA is swamped, more so than before the virus hit. Are you taking any meds for diabetes? Good for you for changing your diet, and I hope that is helping stabilize your diabetes. Best of luck to you in searching for the vaccine. The roll out has been horrendous. But, we're promised that it will get better.

Keep your faith strong. We're here for you.

Chris ~

How did your appointment go today? I prayed that you would have a compassionate, understanding person to help you with a doable solution, and that tonight, that problem is behind you.

Recently, the Child Neuro forum essentially has been a conversation between Mary Grace and me. Our former members communicate on Facebook primarily. A few did stop by with condolences for me after Jon's and Jim's passing. When I stopped posting daily updates about my chaotic life, members drifted away. My life was like a soap opera. Without the drama, people lost interest.

Some of the posts on the MS forum could possibly be placed in other forums, but MS members might not see them, unless they check for New Posts or follow the Top Ten Posts on the Home Page. MS forum members, who are absent for awhile, know exactly where to go to connect with their forum friends. MS forum topics aren't necessarily always MS-specific. In the Chit Chat thread, we talk about everything. Lots of conversation about COVID, the vaccines, and lately, computers. We don't have to stay in our own lane/playground here.

There are so few of us now, and we all know each other.

I have replied to many new members' first post in various forums with a welcome and "I don't know anything about this condition, but I'm here to support you."

What we all have in common is greater than our differences.

ANN ~

Are you still coping with sleeplessness and pain? My prayers continue for you.

And to all, I send prayers, healing, positive energy every day. Abundant blessings upon you ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the Chit Chat thread, we talk about everything. Lots of conversation about COVID, the vaccines, and lately, computers. We don't have to stay in our own lane/playground here.

There are so few of us now, and we all know each other.
    Rose, there's also the exciting fact that one of the MS board members recently landed on Mars. It doesn't happen every day.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

Distinguished Community Member

Houghchrist - Hang in there. I Know about things piling up - yuck. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. everytime i see someone, I get ANOTHER referral, my RPN wants this, another wants that, I just told them - one at a time. Good luck and keep on Trucking.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    AKA rev. Steve

Distinguished Community Member

Rose - Thank you indeed. Yes, I actually saw a DOCTOR for my Hearing and Vertigo. A very nice lady, She cleaned out a LOT of ear wax, and did a nerve conduction study, Don't have the results yet but she did say there were abnormalities so we shall see. I do get it about the Drama, that is a shame - I too try to welcome new members if only to say hello. I do get it, I know you miss your family and know what that entails. I will pray for ALL of you and will pop in when I can. I stress too much but thru prayer, meditation and yes, this forum, a FEW friends, I am hanging in there.
    Thank You
    Blessings
    Alex44
    AKA Rev. Steve

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Alex, I hope you got your results back from your ear test and that it is nothing serious.

Ann I need all the prayers I can get, I thank you and hope you are well.

Rose, I know I am welcome and will try to participate. I do go and read occasionally. My appt didn't work out. I was there one day asking for help, turning in documentation and the next day she calls me and tells me the money ran out and I will have to try again. So I am starting all over. I have to have my delinquent taxes paid by March 31st or foreclosure starts on my house. I got a small loan from my ex and a couple of friends have pitched in but it is not enough. Some mention starting a GoFundMe but most of my friends are poor or animal activists who rely on donations. I am willing to give web address to take direct payment if anyone wanted to help but I am afraid to post that on FB. I have family that has already insinuated that I am scamming. Of course I have not spoken to my brother in a year and a half and he chose FB to make his comments on a post of mine regarding my property taxes. Then we got into a big thing on Messenger and supposedly he is done with me. I thought that happened a long time ago LOL.

Agate I hope you are doing well.

7. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you, Chris. It sounds as if you're going through a nightmare about the possible foreclosure. I hope that GoFundMe works well for you. I've heard of people who do well with it but it varies.

You could try something I've used often when facing tough financial times--selling anything I could find that would bring in a few dollars. Sometimes it was books, sometimes it was jewelry, sometimes it was furniture. With Craigslist, it's much easier than when you might end up putting an ad in a newspaper (and paying for the ad of course). If you look around you just might find something you can sell.

It's really too bad about your brother. I hope you can patch things up with him. Even if the relationship stays distant and cool, he's still family and it seems a shame to be cut off from him entirely. But sometimes that has to be the way it is.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

9. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12