Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Anybody Home -

Distinguished Community Member

Default Is Anybody Home -

How about it folks - is this forum alive? How about it Houghchrist, StillstANNDING, aLil e, Sorry about spelling , Im still here( Alex44)Or do I need a refresh Hoping to hear!
    Blessings
    Alex44
    AKA Revsteve

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello there Alex. Always good to hear from you. How are you? Yes I am still here. Barely moving but still here. This pandemic has really put me in a place that I don't like. I have become a willing hermit. A lazy one at that I feel. I have lost all sense of self care. My house is disgusting because I am limited in my abilities. My psych doc upped my Latuda and quite frankly for the second day I am feeling better in the morning. Not so obsessed and stressed about everything. It never lasts though. My pain is at an all time high. I worry about how I am going to keep my yard up this summer. I own an acre and it is a lot of work. Lots of trees and hedges that have begun falling apart. I cannot afford to pay for things to be done. I would come here more but there seems to only be like three forums that get any 'biznezz' and I don't feel like a member so I stay in my part of the playground. I have stopped blogging. It seemed to be the same old stuff day after day and it was started as a way to get me to make better decisions and start changing some things but it went downhill quickly LOLOLOL. I will be finding out whether or not I am going to lose the house to back taxes at the end of March. It is not a lot of money really but I cannot afford to pay it all at one time. IF that happens I have no idea what I will do. A friend suggested starting a GoFund Me but all my friends are poor and I would just be embarrassed at how little money I would get LOL. I'm sorry I have gone on, guess I miss talking to someone. I hope you are well.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, alex44--I'm still hanging around the MS board and so are some others of us.

houghchrst and others, the MS board has become a place that tries to include anyone with enough interest in MS (and in those of us who are posting there). So many have passed away or dropped out of sight that the only way we can survive is by being open to anyone who would like to be there, provided the rules are observed, of course.

I think we've been making an effort not to be a clique or a closed group, not to circle any wagons or make people feel as if they don't belong. If you don't get replies to posts, it may be just that most of us are slowed down by our MS and would like to reply but the energy just isn't there. So please bear with us if the MS board is one of the places you had in mind when you mentioned

I would come here more but there seems to only be like three forums that get any 'biznezz' and I don't feel like a member so I stay in my part of the playground.
    We mean well.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Alex ~

It is wonderful that you are reaching out to others, and I hope they stop by and see your post and reply.

One of the main reasons why BT has so little participation now is that people stopped posting. Many times over the years, I have responded to returning members, who post something like, "Where is everyone?" Or "This forum is not the same as it used to be."

My response is always, "They left, as you did." We can't expect the forums to thrive, unless we all participate. I would imagine that we have former members, who lurk, check in occasionally, see that there is no activity, and then leave.

But you have been consistent for many years, and often, when you've posted, others followed in replying to your thread.

How are you Alex? I know you've been going through difficult times, and we're here for you, as sparse as we are to support you. Bless you, Alex.

Chris ~

I remember when we had thousands of members posting constantly every day. My "home forum" is Child Neurology, of course, but I never let that stop me from migrating to other forums to welcome new members, or answer questions, or just give support, hugs and love. I probably posted in 80% of the forums at one time or another, while we were flooded with members.

While there are far less active members, now, we're still here, and we care about you and all of our members. You don't have to stay in your playground here. You will be embraced and loved no matter where you post.

It sounds to me as though you need to either start blogging again or keeping a journal privately to help you work through the myriad issues you're confronting now.

As for your yard, your son could benefit from tending to your acre of land, as would you. Have a heart to heart chat with him, and let him know that you need his help. It will be good exercise for him, and he will feel useful and helpful.

As for your back house taxes, I recommend that you contact the agency and explain your situation. Ask if you can make monthly payments. If you don't ask, you'll never get anything. Explain your financial situation, your disabling condition, and ask for mercy. It can't hurt, and it might help. Don't give up. Call your local officials with your same plea, if the agency doesn't help you. These are hard times for everyone now with COVID. You might find people to be more understanding than they would have been before. Make that call.

As I have often said, our home is a reflection of ourselves. If it is a mess and chaotic, then we are a mess and chaotic. If you can make a commitment to do one chore each day, you will discover how good it feels to have accomplished that chore. Eventually, you will get caught up. Pace yourself. This is what I do everyday. I think of what needs to be done, then I prioritize, then I do at least one of those things. Sometimes, I can finish two chores. Sometimes, I'm not up to doing anything, and I take a break. I know that I'm never going to get it all done in one day, so I rejoice in what I can do each day.

agate ~

Just to echo your sentiments ~ The MS forum is, of course, our most active BT forum. And every member is welcomed warmly and with caring and concern. I feel at home there, thanks to all of the wonderful MS members.

I've been trying for some years now to keep Child Neuro active. People change, move away, move on to something else. But we're still here, and as long as we are, we will endeavor to keep BT going!

Please everyone be safe, be strong, be well ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Alex, I’m here. Thanks for asking. I hope you are keeping well.

I’m having trouble sleeping due to pain and muscle spasms (MS + spinal stenosis). I can get to sleep but I wake up too early in pain. I’ll be happy when I can actually see a physiatrist and a physical therapist in person again.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

I'm so sorry that your sleep is disrupted with pain and spasms. I wish that you could see your PT and physiatrist now. We all know how vital good sleep is to our overall health and well being. Sending healing prayers that you will find relief very soon.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thank ALL of ya'll who have replied. I am sorry it has has taken time for me to post, Houghchrist, You are an Angel - reach out for help, It Will be provided. We go way back and I am sorry you are upon dire straits. I will be praying for you - I have been and will continue. I too am worried about many of the same things you are - Ask and thou shalt receive. Agate - I wil check it out as t s a possibility for me... And If I can offer support to others, I will. Earth Mother to Angels - Indeed you are. We have been together on this forum for years and I can only imagine the heartbreak in your life. I am glad you are still here and thank you for replying. Thank you for the good advice to others in the forum - You have always been there for others, let us be here for you. stillstANNdind - Thank You - I am sorry to hear about the MS and the sleep problems - A good nights sleep is priceless, not to mention relief from the pain - if you can get it in todays political climate the "Opioid" crisis. what nonsense, a few have made it impossible for legitimate people like us to get relief. OK - Me - I continue to struggle wit pain,PTSD, Possible heart problems and balance issues, as in I am sober as a judge and i get vertigo and fall, this is in addition to ear problems, which will be addressed Tuesday - a scary thing. The VA, They are swamped, no help to me, I asked to get a Covid VAX, I am over 65 and diabetic( whole new diet, lots of changes) and yet, NO VAX, Had to go to next care to get tested - I will try to get into local chain to get vax shot. My health could be better, and yet, I am blessed to have a few friends, this after a train wreck of a relationship, where I got sent to Siberia, am trying to get it back on the rails as a friend, another train wreck, recently, NO hope, Better to have loved and lost then not to have loved at all. I hope to contribute here, other problems , yes, but no desire to dive into them, as I have said before, My Faith Sustains Me.
    Blessings to ALL
    Please, Stay safe
    Alex44
    AKA Rev. Steve

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hi All - Did not mean to sound so clinical last nite - guess I forgot to take ff my mnisters hat, oh well. I am hanging in there, Thats why I reached out. Medical stuff has been bringing me down, I am scared of what is going on with me. I see the first of many, Thank all of ya'll for yor support.
    Blessings
    Alex44

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alex I am sorry you are doing so poorly. Seems life just piles one thing on top of another doesn't it? Here it seems I get one thing taken care of but there are three or more than need doing also and I become overwhelmed. Do they think that your ear issues are causing the vertigo? I too am sick of having untreated pain. The only thing that makes things tolerable is the medical marijuana. Pain and depression would be even worse were it not for it. If I was to give it up I might be able to get something like Tramadol which is totally useless to me. The few have ruined things for the rest of us.

Earth Mother and agate, thank you I appreciate the warm invite to participate in the MS forum. I just feel as though I don't belong there, I can't relate except to the odd thread like the reading thread. Once in a while Child Neurology has something in it that looks inviting and I feel I can participate. I also feel like some of those threads could be used in other places on the board and it would make it seem as though we are actually getting some action but when people come and everything is in two forums I imagine they feel as though they don't belong so don't post. The rest of the board looks dead. Even I have stopped posting so often in my beloved Emotional Support group because lately most of the posts are mine lol. I am sure people get tired of reading about me. I will try.

I am going today to see about getting help for my taxes. I have an appt at a social service organization and have all my paperwork ready to go. Pray for me please.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Chris, I said a prayer for you.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast