Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hus to All)))))) ~

Linda ~

So glad that everything worked out for you to get John's first shot. Just keep that positive vibe going for your shot and John's second shot. Give yourself a pat on the back for shoveling and sweeping. Just do a little bit each day, so you don't wear out too soon. Take breaks to rest and reward yourself with a favorite treat or a nice cup of tea.

agate ~

While you couldn't get everything you wanted with your Instacart order, at least you got some of the things you wanted. I hope your snow is light and melts quickly. I can't even envision living in snow and freezing cold weather. I did when I was young, but now, no way.

Howie ~

How domestic you are! New sheets, new topper, you'll be sleeping on fluffy clouds! As will Sam. I hope you find your other "new sheets" someday.

How was your doctor's appointment?

ANN ~

This vaccine protocol seems wrong to me somehow. One person in the family can get the vaccine, while the rest have to wait for their turn. In a family, where all members are over 60 years old, it would make sense to vaccinate all of them at one time. No consideration is given to the undeniable fact that Seniors may need help with transportation, so access should be a priority. Seniors are at the front of the line for the vaccine, so it's reasonable to hope that clusters of Senior family members, making only one trip to get the vaccine is the most effective way to reach more Seniors.

I'm probably simplifying the complexity of scheduling the vaccines for thousands of people. I don't have the answer, but I'm sure that there is a better way than how it is being handled.

I pray that this works out for you, Peter and your MIL, so that you don't have to make 6 trips to get both shots.

Thank you for asking about my walks and the birds in Michael's pond.

My walks have been hampered by inclement weather. Rain and winds specifically, but we also have had dense fog and heavy dew, which leave moisture on the sidewalks and pavement. I fear falling. More than anything else, I fear falling. So, I will wait until the weather settles. After the time change in March, when there will be more light in the morning, I will attempt to resume my walks. I miss them, but I know that I must be careful and cautious.

In preparation for my new iMac, I decided to attack the chaos in the office, which I've been avoiding for quite awhile. Pounds of documents, which need to be shredded, including Jim's and Jon's medical paperwork. I paced myself, took my time, felt my feelings, and after 2 weeks, the office is organized, clean and ready for the new iMac.

John visited today to unbox the iMac, carry it upstairs, and place it on the desk beside my 11 year old iMac. He plugged it in, but we didn't turn it on. That will happen tomorrow hopefully, when my friend will walk me through setting up the iMac over speakerphone. I have backed up my old computer, so I hope that I won't lose anything in the process.

I am excited, yet nervous, about having all of the latest technology. The best part is that the new iMac is "new." My dear old iMac has served me so well, but she is worn out. So, I won't have to worry any longer that she might give up on me. I hope I get another 11 years out of the new iMac, but I think that is unlikely as technology changes so rapidly.

Sending healing, positive energy and prayers to all ~ Be safe, be well, be strong and find a little joy everyday.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Rose, my doctor appointment went fine. She changed nothing. BP which has always been high was as low as I remember it being. She must have me on the right combination of meds.

Now I need to stop typing. It's disturbing Sam's sleep.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How exciting to be about to turn on a new computer, Rose! I hope the transition will go smoothly.

The vaccines seem to be handled differently in each state. Every time I look around for news about how and where and when to get the vaccine, that's the impression I'm getting.

Probably a mistake not to have a uniform distribution plan so that every state would be vaccinating people in the same way as every other state.

Now there are experts saying that we should forget about the second shot until at least 90% of the population has had the first shot.

Congratulations on the BP, Howie!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems that the forecast snow, which hasn't even started yet but is due tomorrow, is already messing things up in a big way for all of the people who had scheduled appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine. They're cancelling, and now the whole process will be slowed down.

There are two vaccination sites--the city convention center and a drive-through arrangement at the airport.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, hope you can get your first vaccine soon.

If I happen to go MIA it will be because of computer problems. It keeps knocking off. In other words just quits working. I will probably have to get it worked on, but not sure exactly when that will be. I would like to take it in to a computer place, but I can't carry it and walk down the steps or bring it back in when I pick it up. So far I have been able to get it back up, but it is getting harder and harder. So just thought I would let everyone know.
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

How old is your computer? As I've discovered, sometimes they need to be replaced. Have you called your internet provider for support? They might be able to help you. It's possible that your signal is being interrupted, and it isn't your computer. That is what happened to me last year. I needed a new splitter for my cables, and I've had no access problems since then.

Do you have a modem or a router? That could be the problem. You might need to replace one of them.

If your computer gives out, do you have a back up with an iPad or tablet or smart phone?

I hope you can determine what is in need of repair to keep you connected.

agate ~

One thing we can't argue with is the weather. It will be what it will be. Of course, it is winter, so the weather is going to be a problem. Again, we have to contend with an ineffectual roll out (actually ineffectual leadership throughout the COVID crisis until now), and the weather. So much anxiety, so much hassle, phone calls, online questionnaires, working out transportation to/from wherever a vaccination station is located. It's just too much.

Unfortunately, we can't change any of it. All we can do is hope that things improve as we go along, and that everyone will have an opportunity to have the vaccine.

New iMac Debut!

I am composing this post on my brand new iMac! Yay! It took over 4 hours on the phone with my dear friend to get it up and running. It still needs tweaking, but we did the majority of the work today. All of my data from my old iMac transferred over.

It is wonderful not to have to worry about losing my connection any longer. Big relief, a stress lifter most certainly.

Sending healing prayers and positive energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

The state (MA) announced today that if you are a caregiver, family member, neighbor or trusted friend of someone over 75, you can get a vaccine at the same time as the elderly person regardless of your age starting tomorrow. This is for four mass vaccination sites. They’ve added appointments starting tomorrow morning.

Oh my goodness, someone is listening to me. Peter just missed this deal by 5 days.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-10-2021 at 07:48 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Got my first Moderna Vaccine, side effects were sore arm and some nausea. Worth it.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I got a phone call that I do not understand. I want to know if any of you have had a similar call. The caller ID read "Duke Raleigh" so of course I answered it.

A lady asked if I was and gave my last name. I said yes. She then asked if I had received a new Medicare card this year. I said "no" and she started to ask questions

just saying they were sending out new ones due to COVID. She wanted my old number. There was just something about this call that I was not comfortable with so

I would not give her any information. She kept saying she was with Medicare and I kept asking why Medicare was calling me. Since her English was not good I was

unable to determine exactly why she was calling. She told me she had my first name and started spelling out Virginia. I finally just hung up. Anyone know anything

about new medicare cards for this year?
    Virginia

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Rose, my computer is old - probably about 11 years. However, they do not make this style anymore and I have just loved it. I would like it to last until it is a little warmer and things are a little more settled with the COVID. I will get my younger brother or someone with some technical experience to come over and help me pick out a new one and install it. I really don't want anyone in the house right now.

Last night I ordered a USB from Amazon. I want to back up everything just in case it goes down for good. Twice today it has just quit on me again and I had to restart it.

Yes, I do have a smart phone. I can read and type a little on it as far as this site is concerned, but I can't get to any of my financial information or Doctor's offices and this is how they usually communicate with me. I enjoy reading articles on it, but for some unknown reason I can't always see this site very well. It is too small. Maybe when I get all my vaccines taken care of and the waiting period afterward I will go to my eye Doctor. I need a new prescription for glasses. However, I still would not want to go out and handle frames and take them on and off to try out new ones and I definitely want new frames.

Today has been ugly and nasty out. It is rainy and feels cold. Linda says it is beautiful where she is. I think this is going to continue on for quite a few days. I looked at the weather to see when I could go out to the grocery and it will be awhile.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast