Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

I think we got some rain. I am not sure because I didn't do too much looking out.

Brothers and wives were getting together with niece and her husband for a small super bowl party. They will mostly have just finger food. Brother who just had COVID said he was not going to stay long.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I have a doctor appointment today, so as usual, I can't sleep. So I'm drinking coffee, and watching scary movies on YouTube. All I'll need to do is get dressed at the right time, and go. I'm having no problems, it's just my six month checkup.

All you sleepy heads have a great day when you wake up!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Agate and Rose: What was the aspercreme for? I canít find the original comment?

5. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

Hope you have a meaningful doctor's visit today, and all is well.

Sunshine ~

I use Aspercreme for arthritis pain, and I recommended to agate to try it for her neck/shoulder pain.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

7. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Rose. Have you been able to enjoy a walk lately or watched birds in Michael’s fountain?

Howie, I also hope your day out went well.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

9. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I got John to his first vaccination shot on Sunday. Here in western ma there was a snow storm predicted so I spent a full day fretting. I really tied myself up in knots seeking information about what happens if you miss your appointment.

So the storm came in hours later than expected and I drove John to successfully get his shot. I had driven the route 3 times in practice during the days leading up to Sunday because I cannot drive and look for street signs at the same time! I am not eligible yet so the whole thing of making phone calls all day every day to find an open slot will begin again.

For the first time in this very long year it all seemed overwhelming. And I have it easy compared to so many. So as of right now I will start planning to accomplish something each day. Even if it is to stop over nibbling each day or to
    start cleaning this very dusty farmhouse! And I need to set up a bedroom for John here on the main floor of the house. ĎDo it before you need ití is the best lesson my first MS friend taught me.

Ok..spring is on the way and Joe Biden is president. All will be good in America again.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Congratulations, Linda. I do wish there was a way they could do carloads of families at the bigger places. MIL, Peter and I are in three different eligibility groups. That’s going to be the hassle of jockeying for three sets of appointments and six trips for the injections.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-09-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congratulations, Linda. I do wish there was a way they could do carloads of families at the bigger places. MIL, me and Peter are in three different eligibility groups. That’s going to be the hassle of jockeying for three sets of appointments and six trips for the injections.

ANN
    4 trips for us and I have nothing to complain about. The senior center in this small town has registered me and the shot place is only a mile down the road. I will take that slot if I do not get an appointment sooner through a different source once my age group is eligible. If I can get myself to stop fretting it will be good. (But already I am worried there will be a snow storm on the day of John’s second shot! What is wrong with me? )

On a better note I did start sweeping around the house, shoveled the porch twice so I could move around even in this light snowfall we are getting and generally have been making an effort to think and move..I’ll straighten me out!!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have the same difficulty, Linda. Anything involving other people, like transportation to/from an appointment (or the appointment itself), is fraught with possible Things That Can Go Wrong. I find myself trying to foresee those problems and set up a Plan B just in case--sometimes a Plan C as well.

Snow is forecast for Thursday here, and because we haven't had any significant snow all winter, I tend to believe this forecast. That means no grocery delivery even though I placed the order by phone on Monday. The service is run by volunteers and they won't drive if the streets are hazardous. The streets are always hazardous around here if there's snow or ice because no one seems to believe in clearing them. ("It never snows here--not enough need for snowplows or other snow-removal equipment" is the usual story.)

So what did I do but foresee this nonarrival of groceries (and I'd need to wait a week before another order would be delivered) by placing an Instacart order, which arrived today. The store was out of several things but at least that's my Plan B.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I saw snow forecast for here today on the 5 day forecast, but I forget what day, maybe Thursday. It doesn't matter for me since I went to my only appointment yesterday, and also went to the store on my way home. Agate, I couldn't imagine not being able to drive to wherever I need to go. I HATE to wait.

I got an order from Walmart today. New sheets to replace the new sheets I have misplaced. Maybe they will show up one day. I already made the bed with my new sheets. I always buy the prewashed. They fit perfectly, and are sooooo soft.

So between my mattress topper, and my new sheets, I am going to sleep like a baby.

Everyone have a great day, and sleep well tonight.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

19. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast