Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

I wore my new sketchers to walk in yesterday. They wear pretty well, except that they are a little heavy for my weak legs and ankles. Ann, they are not the gel type, but are called "stretch fit air cooled memory foam." I wanted to get the gel insole type, but didn't know if they would be higher soles. I need flat shoes.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia- I probably said “gel” but meant the memory foam. That’s what I have. It makes my steps bounce. The physiatrist said it was going to stress my knees less.

I hope the work for you. I’m on my third pair.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I got a memory foam mattress topper, and I love it. It's the new technology that actually works. I sleep like a baby.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, is the memory foam mattress topper something fairly new for you? Do I recall that you were having serious problems sleeping a while back?

I've been busy catching up on everything I didn't do while I was dealing with the arm/neck/shoulder pain. It's calmed down now to the point where I can do things though I often have to stop when I feel worse. So progress is slow and laundry and housework have just been going undone, but I'm getting there.

I bought some Aspercreme (thanks for the suggestion, Rose!) and have been using it. I no longer need the heated gel packs at night. Still taking lots of aspirin.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Yeah Agate, the topper is new, just got it last week from Amazon. My mattress was getting lumpy where I am getting lumpy, so I thought I would try the topper. It was a good purchase. Even Sam likes it, and that's the main thing!

Glad you're feeling better. Pain of any kind really wears you down. I'm an Ibuprofen addict. I take twice the recommend dose, but it works, and that's all that matters to me.
    Last edited by Howie; 02-06-2021 at 08:16 AM.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Agate, the topper is new, just got it last week from Amazon. My mattress was getting lumpy where I am getting lumpy, so I thought I would try the topper. It was a good purchase. Even Sam likes it, and that's the main thing!

Glad you're feeling better. Pain of any kind really wears you down. I'm an Ibuprofen addict. I take twice the recommend dose, but it works, and that's all that matters to me.

Glad you guys are talking about the mattress topper. I is something Inhave been planning to look into
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, be careful with the ibuprofen, I think it can cause kidney problems. If I am wrong Rose will help me on that. I am glad Sam is sleeping well on the new topper. I would hate for her to miss any sleep.

Thanks Ann for telling me the kind of sketchers you have. It's unfortunate that my steps can no longer bounce, but I think I will like them. I got the kind that you just slip on and do not have to tie. I have some more ordered, so I will have a couple of different colors.

Agate, so glad you are at least a little better. Do not overdo.

This afternoon the weather feels heavy here and I do not feel well. At least I am hoping that is my problem and nothing else. I was going to the store for just 2 small items, but I didn't have to have them and decided not to go. Neighbor just happened to call me and said she was starting out to the store and would I like her to bring me something, so I told her yes.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

I'm so pleased that your memory foam topper is helping you to sleep better.

About Ibuprofen ~ As Virginia mentioned, it is hard on the kidneys, but also the liver, and especially the gut. Bleeding ulcers? Yes. A very dear friend of mine was hospitalized for 3 weeks with bleeding ulcers from using Ibuprofen at the maximum dose for too many years to control RA pain. She had to have blood and platelet transfusions.

Combining it with alcohol is also a problem.

Please try to do a slow wean off of Ibuprofen. I'm not a medical professional, but I do know the harm some drugs can cause in real life. I don't want you to have bleeding ulcers or kidney and liver problems.

agate ~

Good news that Aspercreme is helping you. May you continue to improve with less pain.

Virginia ~

How wonderful that your neighbor called to get what you needed from the store. My prayers are with you that you will be feeling much better very soon.

Many prayers for all to be safe and well.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

It’s supposed to snow tomorrow starting around 11 AM. MIL had an appt an hour south for her first CoVID vaccine for tomorrow at 11:30. We were not able to get them on the phone today or find anything on their website. Fortunately, they called us just after 2 PM and asked Peter to “bring her now.” So he did.

They gave it to her right in the car and observed her in the parking area for 15 minutes. She got Moderna, had no side effects as of 10 PM tonight.

I stayed home and made soup.
    ANN

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

MIL feels “tip top” a day after her Moderna vaccine #1.

We got 7 or 8 inches of gorgeous snow today and didn’t have to go anywhere.

Boston is not in the Super Bowl though it may seem like we are.

Have a good evening,
    ANN

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast