Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Just logged into e-mail and had an e-mail from my Doctor's office saying that my Rebif has been approved. Whew!!!!!
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ann, how about your Mom. I don't think they are doing any in-house vaccinations around here. Is your Mom planning to take the vaccine?
    I have never heard any talk anywhere of vaccinating people at home. This would include disabled, aged and some of us.* Both of Mom’s doctors have talked to her about the visiting nurses bringing her a shot. My guess is that will be awhile. People who do not leave the house would not be a priority.

I’d send my brother up from North Carolina but he’d be a potential risk to her and need to quarantine on both ends of the trip.

I wake up worrying about this. One mother scheduled, one to go.

ANN

* edited to add: Agate’s building might be vaccinated but mom is in a single home.
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-02-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    Virginia, that hold music is usually bad music. I hope they get it figured out for you once and for all.

Two good things to report:

We got an appointment for MIL to get her vaccine next Sunday. It’s at a senior center an hour away. They made her second appointment when we made the first.

And, I am making brownies with pecans ‘cause my jar of walnuts was empty, Peter.

ANN
    Ann,
    I got an appointment for John to have his first show next Sunday also. The weather forecast around here (western ma) is for 2 more snow storms next week and one of them is Friday into Saturday and the next is Sunday into Monday.. darts! Oops....drats!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Something nice happened today....
    I vaguely remember calling the senior center in my town and asking about getting vaccinated. It must have been weeks ago.

So this morning I got a call on my cell phone that they would set up my shot as soon as I am eligible in Massachusetts. They registered me and the place to get the shot is a mile from my house. I was so relieved I could have cried. I have John scheduled at a different place next week but I could use the town for him too if something goes wrong with that appointment....
    Just the relief of not clicking on a dozen websites every hour jockeying for a spot....

John is over 75 so he got scheduled but MA has not started scheduling people over 65 with 2 comorbidities...(that’s me)
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    I have never heard any talk anywhere of vaccinating people at home. This would include disabled, aged and some of us.* Both of Mom’s doctors have talked to her about the visiting nurses bringing her a shot. My guess is that will be awhile. People who do not leave the house would not be a priority.

I’d send my brother up from North Carolina but he’d be a potential risk to her and need to quarantine on both ends of the trip.

I wake up worrying about this. One mother scheduled, one to go.

ANN

* edited to add: Agate’s building might be vaccinated but mom is in a single home.
    No, apparently the vaccine clinic that was supposed to be happening yesterday between 10 and 4 never happened because a sign went up letting people know that it's now going to be tomorrow instead. I don't know what went wrong but hope I can find out. Even though I'm going to get vaccinated somewhere else, I'd like to know how well or how badly this on-site vaccine clinic idea is working because in the past it wasn't working especially well.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Update: The vaccine clinic didn't take place, and notification about it came along only at the last minute. By that time a neighbor down the hall who is pretty homebound had got herself all dressed up for the "occasion" of a trip down the hall to this vaccine clinic, only to find out it wasn't to be. Getting up and dressed is a project for her--she needs a helper in there to assist.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, that is sad about that lady. I know she was very disappointed. Are they going to schedule another one?

My youngest brother got his first shot yesterday. He got Moderna. I asked him this morning if he felt sick or had a sore arm and he said no, but that last night he had a sore neck for awhile. Then it went away and today he feels good. People react differently to these shots. But even if a person has a day or two of feeling bad it beats having COVID that if you get over at all it might take months to do it.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Congratulations on getting your Rebif approved! One less worry for you.

I'm glad your youngest brother got his shot and didn't have an adverse reaction. When do you get your second shot?

ANN ~

Does your mom have any interaction with people coming to or into her home? If so, she should be a priority for the vaccination. Unless she is completely isolated, she could be at risk from someone coming to her house. If her doctors agree she should have a home health nurse administer the vaccine, can they order it to be done for her?

Is your mom able to go out to get the vaccination? Does she have transportation? Even if she does, going out into the community could present a risk of exposure.

Linda ~

I hope all goes well with John's shot on Sunday, and I'm glad that you registered for an appointment.

The prioritizing thus far perturbs me. I know it is necessary to vaccinate the most vulnerable people first. Clearly medical professionals and those, who work in a medical setting should be first. But then, the elderly should be next in line, without all of the parameters. As you said, you have two comorbidities, so you shouldn't have to wait based upon your age. A majority of people our age have at least one condition, which puts us at greater risk.

I hope your appointment comes sooner rather than later.

agate ~

You called it right on the nose not long ago. You had a strong feeling that the "vaccination clinic" would not happen at your residence.

My heart goes out to your neighbor, who exerted the effort to get dressed and walk down the hall, only to find out it was for nothing. To me, that just seems cruel. I know how difficult it is for someone, who is frail and fragile, to get dressed, and this is just so unforgivable and avoidable.

Thankfully, you have an appointment schedule, because you saw this coming. But what about the other residents in your building? Like your neighbor who is basically home bound? This just isn't right.

Sending healing prayers and positive energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Rose, Mom only has interaction with a Quest lab person who comes once a month to draw her blood. Mom started double-masking last week.

I tried to arrange for a neighbor to take her to get vaccinated but she doesn’t want that. She is waiting for the VNA or her version of that. Both of her doctors have said that it will happen.

Thank you for thinking about her.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

The neighbor can't walk at all now--she uses a power chair to get around or someone pushes her in a manual chair. I'm not sure how she made the trek on Monday or whether she turned up for the return clinic today. I haven't heard whether it even happened this time but hope to find out eventually.

We've just lost another neighbor--and my guess is that he died of COVID-19 because he had always seemed to be in fairly good health and I saw him only a few days ago. There is a plaque stating that he died, and that was quite a surprise because except for his use of a walker he seemed quite fit.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast