Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: February Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, they do come in a lot of sizes, but they get bigger and bigger and I think harder to maintain. I think, but not sure, that a whole house one can be attached to a heat pump which is outside and you don't have to do maintenance on them. I am not sure about this. With a heat pump as old as mine how much longer can it last?? I just hope it picks a good time weather wise to go.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am going for 2nd vaccine tomorrow, but not until 4:10. It might be pretty late when I get home, since it is located in Chapel Hill. If not I will check in. I hope to see more people on.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, good luck with the vaccine tomorrow. I hope there won't be long waits.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Have a good trip to Chapel Hill, Virginia.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This afternoon I was looking at the Nextdoor app and I saw a post saying the Boston Medical Center had appointments in various locations around the city for the vaccine. I held my breath and checked and there were appointments! I tried over and over to book and it kept saying my date of birth was incorrect. Maddening. I redid everything else since my birthday was, of course, correct.

I gave up, ditched the whole thing and restarted. This time it put me in a different site and it accepted my info and I have an appointment. It’s not until 3/24 but I am relieved to have it. And I looked up the site and found a news story and it looks like they are using Moderna there.

I am on a wait list at another place (where MIL got hers). If they come through with an earlier date, I’ll cancel this one.

Feeling grateful.
    ANN
    I did the same thing as you Ann. I am going for my first shot today but am on another list that will vaccinate me toward the end of March. Backup in case today’s place did not get their doses! When I get home today I will take my name off that second list. The nice thing is that both situations are very easy for me to get to by myself and neither is a mass vaccine site that is a frightening thought to me. Privileged ? Maybe. But I’ll take it this time.

We have been lucky enough of late with storms sliding just south enough to give us 3-4” snowstorms instead of threatened 6-8” storms. And today, with my first shot travel it will be nearly 40. Life is good.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I hope your injection went well, Linda.

Today I saw on Nextdoor that people who called Boston Medical Center yesterday got appts this week. Hmm, their website had given me an end of March appointment. So I called and, abracadabra, they changed my appointment to this Friday! Hallelujah! I am very happy.

Linda, I only have the one appointment but am on a wait list in case the Kingston place has openings again. I’ll be happy to send them an email to take me off that list after my shot.

MIL gets her second one next week. Peter is not yet eligible because I married a younger man. ;-) And Mom does not want to go in a car with anyone anywhere. She’ll wait for her medical group to send a nurse. <sigh>

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

You've been in my thoughts and prayers all day. I should have posted this sooner ~ a list of things, which are helpful to have if you have a reaction to the second dose:

Tylenol
    Gatorade, Body Armor, or an electrolyte drink to maintain hydration
    Broth, soups
    Plenty of blankets out for comfort during chills

Actually, these items are necessary to help with COVID symptoms, as well as flu or any virus. Handy to have on hand always.

I've been seeing commercials for Xofluza, a medication to help ease flu symptoms. So, I wonder: how do we differentiate between the flu and COVID? Testing? Results would have to be fast for Xofluza to work from what I understand by the commercial.

I'm praying that you have no symptoms, Virginia.

Linda ~

Hope all went well with your first vaccination today. I wouldn't call you privileged. I would say you are fortunate. Could you keep your appointment for the end of March for your second dose, or would that be too long to wait for it?

ANN ~

I'm with your mom ~ I don't want to go anywhere with anyone in a car. Close quarters, even wearing masks. I hope that her medical group will send a home health nurse. At her age, that seems a reasonable request and need.

I will pray that your MIL will have no adverse reaction to the second dose.

Peter being younger than you reminds me of the story circulating now about two young women, who dressed up like elderly ladies, attempting to get the vaccine. One of them wore a bonnet! The last time I saw a bonnet on an older woman (or any woman) was in a movie about the Old West. Their costumes wouldn't have mattered anyway, because as soon as the vaccinator saw the skin on their arms, their goose was cooked.

Be well, be safe, healing prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 02-23-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, I think it's testing that determines whether a person has COVID-19 or the plain old flu. Some of the symptoms can be different too but not so very different--more breathing problems with COVID, I think.

I suppose that is why United Health Care made it possible for me to acquire a testing kit, which I do have.

As for bonnets, they were a familiar sight when I was a kid. I even had one. We used them for protection against the sun when doing things like gardening. You often saw them on women working in the fields. But that was way back, long before any of you spring chickens here were born.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    I hope your injection went well, Linda.

Today I saw on Nextdoor that people who called Boston Medical Center yesterday got appts this week. Hmm, their website had given me an end of March appointment. So I called and, abracadabra, they changed my appointment to this Friday! Hallelujah! I am very happy.

ANN
    Yes! My injection went so well that I was there and back home within a little over an hour! I do have a sore arm today but sore muscles are always around in farmers anyway.

John gets his second shot on Sunday...same place I went....he may have been having reactions to the first shot as he has been so very ill lately. Frankly, we (collectively) are better at explaining and handling illness than non-MSers. But when I read down the list of the mild reactions I might have to the shot it seemed to describe some of what he has been experiencing...or not. Symptoms all merge together...could be heart could be diabetes could be reaction to shot.... he has lost so much weight that it is scary.

I assume his second shot on Sunday will lead to several more weeks of great distress but...then it will be time to plant seeds in the greenhouse so I am hopeful. Seed catalogues fill the mailbox every day now promising regeneration.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

You've been in my thoughts and prayers all day. I should have posted this sooner ~ a list of things, which are helpful to have if you have a reaction to the second dose:

Tylenol
    Gatorade, Body Armor, or an electrolyte drink to maintain hydration
    Broth, soups
    Plenty of blankets out for comfort during chills

Actually, these items are necessary to help with COVID symptoms, as well as flu or any virus. Handy to have on hand always.

I've been seeing commercials for Xofluza, a medication to help ease flu symptoms. So, I wonder: how do we differentiate between the flu and COVID? Testing? Results would have to be fast for Xofluza to work from what I understand by the commercial.

I'm praying that you have no symptoms, Virginia.

Linda ~

Hope all went well with your first vaccination today. I wouldn't call you privileged. I would say you are fortunate. Could you keep your appointment for the end of March for your second dose, or would that be too long to wait for it?

ANN ~

I'm with your mom ~ I don't want to go anywhere with anyone in a car. Close quarters, even wearing masks. I hope that her medical group will send a home health nurse. At her age, that seems a reasonable request and need.

I will pray that your MIL will have no adverse reaction to the second dose.

Peter being younger than you reminds me of the story circulating now about two young women, who dressed up like elderly ladies, attempting to get the vaccine. One of them wore a bonnet! The last time I saw a bonnet on an older woman (or any woman) was in a movie about the Old West. Their costumes wouldn't have mattered anyway, because as soon as the vaccinator saw the skin on their arms, their goose was cooked.

Be well, be safe, healing prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    “LInda

Hope all went well with your first vaccination today. I wouldn't call you privileged. I would say you are fortunate. Could you keep your appointment for the end of March for your second dose, or would that be too long to wait for it?“

Thanks Rose...everything went very well. When I was scheduled for the first shot I was automatically scheduled for the second shot. It is incredibly efficient. So I will call my senior center to tell them I will not need to use the March appointment at the center. With so many struggling to get a shot I am lucky to have two sources and both close to home.
    Linda~~~~

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast