Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: February Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, so happy for your son and family. Hopefully, they will go to bed warm tonight for the first time in a long time. We take so much for granted. It makes me very thankful for heat, water, lights and just everyday things.

I just went into my living room a few minutes ago and the TV was on. I missed a story that Anderson Cooper was reporting on and I think it would have been interesting. I got the end of it where a lady in S.C. who is 111 years old got her 2nd vaccine today and was glad to get it. They said her secret to a long life is "wine, beer and good food". I agree with the wine and good food. Howie can keep the beer.

Linda, glad you and John have appointments for your vaccines. Ann, maybe you will get called soon. I hope so.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I saw that story about the 111-year-old woman:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...-ac360-vpx.cnn

She certainly looks chipper at 111. She must have been doing something right, or maybe just picked the right ancestors.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Beer is an "acquired" taste. You "acquire" a buzz, and then it doesn't taste so bad.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

This afternoon I was looking at the Nextdoor app and I saw a post saying the Boston Medical Center had appointments in various locations around the city for the vaccine. I held my breath and checked and there were appointments! I tried over and over to book and it kept saying my date of birth was incorrect. Maddening. I redid everything else since my birthday was, of course, correct.

I gave up, ditched the whole thing and restarted. This time it put me in a different site and it accepted my info and I have an appointment. It’s not until 3/24 but I am relieved to have it. And I looked up the site and found a news story and it looks like they are using Moderna there.

I am on a wait list at another place (where MIL got hers). If they come through with an earlier date, I’ll cancel this one.

Feeling grateful.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Maria seems pretty spry, healthy and aware for her age. It's wonderful that she is living with her daughter and son-in-law, which probably is contributing to her longevity. I hope that she handles the second vaccination well.

Two of my friends have had the second dose, and both experienced chills, aches and fever about 12 hours after the shot. My friend, who is 76, also had a headache, and it took her about 3 days to feel better. My younger friend, who is 69, said that her adverse reaction subsided by the next morning, as she continued taking Tylenol for the symptoms. These symptoms are considered "common" and demonstrate that the vaccine is doing its job.

Howie ~ Beer is like a diuretic for me. It never stayed in my system long enough to give me a buzz.

Another day of strong winds here, which means another day for me to worry about the giant eucalyptus. Just another reminder that I need to get it trimmed. I realized today that the two tree trimmers I found on line are on my old computer's bookmarks. My old bookmarks didn't transfer over to the new iMac (at least I don't think they did). So, now I'm trying to jar my brain to remember their names. I should have written them down!

Today marks 10 months since Jim's passing. It seems nonsensical to feel like these months have passed rapidly and slowly. It feels like yesterday, and then time stood still.

I received a lovely Valentine's Day card from the husband of my friend, who passed from ALS 5 months ago. He enclosed photos taken in the 1980s at their wedding, and ones which he took in our backyard of Jim and me in 2004. Jim and I are looking at each other, our arms tightly wrapped around each other, smiling, about to kiss.

Of course, my friend's husband is also my/our friend, and we've all been through so much together over many decades. Now, he and I are grieving for our true loves, our soul mates. And our friends. So, we stay in touch to comfort and support each other.

The timing of this card and these photos today was perfect.

Keeping everyone and your loved ones in my prayers, and sending healing, positive energy to all ~ stay safe, be well, and find a little joy everyday.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Rose, coffee is like that for me. I can barely finish the first mug, and I have to run to the bathroom. But does that make me willing to give it up? Not a chance!

I spent a good part of the day reprogramming the TV remote. I got some of it working, but I didn't stop there. All, or nothing. I got it ALL working again! What a relief!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Ann, so glad you have an appointment for the vaccine. Maybe it will be like me. I got one back in January that was scheduled for Feb 17th. Sometime after that I got a call from a different place asking if I could come the next day which I did. Now, I go back Tuesday for my 2nd vaccine. March 24th seems like a long time. Hope you get another appointment.

Rose, thanks for reminding me that I am probably going to be quite sick the middle of the week. ugh! I have known several people who have had both shots and they all have gotten sick with the 2nd one. One never gets sick with anything, but she did with this.

I forgot to get any Gelato to pamper myself with during my upcoming sickness. Wish I had remembered.

Howie, there you go again taking gadgets apart and having to put them back together again. You do that with computers, TVs and most anything that is a gadget.

My house is so dry. If my heat pump happens to go out someday (its only 28 years old) I am going to ask if I can have a humidifier installed for my whole house. My skin and hair get so dry. It is uncomfortable. Tomorrow is suppose to rain, so I guess that will put some humidity back in the air.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, did we discuss humidifiers a while back?

I may be repeating myself here but I'm so very happy with my little humidifier that I just have to sing its praises. I use it at night in my small bedroom and it has cured a number of bothersome problems I was having--scratchy eyes, dry throat.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, we did discuss humidifiers and I got one like yours, but it is too small for my bedroom and didn't do any good. I hope by next winter I will have figured something out.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

They come in a variety of sizes according to the amount of space you want to humidify, I'm pretty sure.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast