Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2021: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, it wouldn't surprise me what Sunshine does anymore. She may have just signed on. If so, I sure hope she can keep in touch with us while on her way there.
    Virginia

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Yes I am on Mars, or I surely feel like I am living on another planet; one which I do not like at all

Yesterday I swam and I walked 1080 steps.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today was such a fun day - NOT! It rained cats and dogs about the time I was going out to make a run to the UPS store and the grocery store. I couldn't wait because I had an appointment at the hair salon, so I needed to get it over with.

Went to UPS while kind of holding my breath. I don't normally like to drive in this kind of weather. I dropped my umbrella and it started blowing across the parking lot. I was afraid it would cause a wreck, so I was trying to catch up to it. I thought I could at one point, but then the wind blew it again. And the rain was driving. A young man came up and asked if I would like him to get it. I replied PLEASE. He did and I thanked him very profusely. I then decided I was soaking wet and might as well get the few items I wanted in the grocery store, so I went in there. I could hear my cell phone ringing several times in my pocket book. When I got out of the store I looked and it appeared that most of the calls were coming from the hair salon, so I called her back. She said that the rain had come down so hard that there was a very large puddle almost in front of the door with no way around it. She said she would take me tomorrow at 4:30.

I thanked her for calling, but said no because my appt to get my 2nd vaccine is to be tomorrow at 4:10. I told her to let me get home and think for a minute and I would call her back. I came home, called and told her I had changed into jeans and old shoes and was putting some other shoes in a bag to change into after I went through this large "body" of water. I got there and the water had receded, so it wasn't a problem after all. All this in pouring rain and glasses that had fogged up due to my mask.

I feel like I got a work out even though I didn't do that much physically.
    Virginia

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You've had quite a day, Virginia, and just going places takes energy.

Yesterday I saw my son and grandson on FaceTime and had a better look at the front and back yards. I was appalled. The earlier photos didn't begin to show how bad that storm was. The friend's car is indeed looking very demolished. The entire back half of it is completely caved in. The back yard trees were hit badly too because the yard is densely packed with fallen branches and the trees have a "shredded" look to them.

At least the tree didn't hit any human being or animal. The entire neighborhood was hit hard but their fallen tree is prompting neighbors to stop by and offer suggestions.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Virginia, oh my golly, what a day you had! That indeed counts as a workout! And, a shower! And extra point for your lovely salon owner who looks out for you.

Good luck tomorrow. So happy you will be fully vaccinated.

Agate, FaceTime is so wonderful - almost like being there without the uncomfortable car ride. How was William?

I went on our walk yesterday and stopped at the bakery for a brownie. They were closed so I came home and made a pan with walnuts. I also baked sweet potatoes. I cut them in half the long was and spray them with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and thyme. I microwave them for a minute first to cut them more easily.

And I loaded the dish washer. So, walk + kitchen time for me.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today I did my swim in the dark just as the sky was lighting (first light), as usual. I am getting ready for tomorrow’s IVIG. My cooking was all done yesterday for Mon, Tues and Wednesday.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today I did my swim in the dark just as the sky was lighting (first light), as usual. I am getting ready for tomorrow’s IVIG. My cooking was all done yesterday for Mon, Tues and Wednesday.

Good luck tomorrow. You sound like me...organized! My husband is the opposite in many ways and things always work out making me feel silly for all my overplanning. But cooking ahead sounds perfect!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

stillstANNding, William looked fine and is talking nonstop now. He's having a pretty good time chattering away though he's a bit the worse for wear after so many chilly nights with poor sleep. I'm hoping they can all catch up on their sleep now.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, I am just so glad your family is alright. Sounds like William is getting quite a personality. He is going to be fun and interesting through the years.

Ann, I was a little miffed with you last night. I read on my iPhone about your brownies w/ walnuts. I wanted one so bad. In fact I have wanted one all day today too. Do you do the box mix? I had not even thought of brownies until you mentioned them and now that is all I can think about.
    Virginia

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Virginia, our local bakery does not use any nuts - it’s a nut free bakery. Still, their brownies are pretty good but $3 each. Since they were closed, I had to make them and I make mine wall-to-wall with walnuts. :-) I have been using Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie Mix.

I froze some brownies for later and a container to put in Mom’s next care package.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast