Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2021: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member

Default February 2021: Keep on Moving

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves that.

Rabbit Rabbit...

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Pushed your wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store?" Or anywhere! Extra points if you push the wheelchair using your arms over a surface that isn't all shiny and smooth--just about any kind of carpet, for instance, or an area where you have a lot of little thresholds to maneuver over.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I covered two vehicles with tarps (using bungee cords to secure the tarps) so that when the big snow is over I can simply undo the bungees and pull the tarps and all the snow off the vehicles. I arranged with my neighbor who plows for us about which pathway farm roads needed to be plowed...

So, I was physically active all day. It takes me about an hour to cover a car and it took a bit longer to cover my truck with a plow. I can protect and cover my truck but my neighbor uses his so I eagerly let my truck be the maid-of-honor and my neighbor’s be the bride. (Ok..silly metaphor that does not work)

I will sleep well tonight.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Your area must be really taking a pounding, Linda. Hope your efforts will yield some rewards--a better yield or at least stronger muscles?

While others are out there coping with fierce weather, I'm wimpily giving up yet another routine: the hair dryer.

A few years ago I bought a blow dryer. I'd never had one, knew nothing about it except that I'd heard it mentioned so often that I had the impression Everybody used one. My hair is thin and getting thinner. I'd have opted for anything that promised more volume.

Well, there are as many "right" ways of using a hair dryer, apparently, as there are hairs on anyone's head. I've watched many videos about how to use a hair dryer for best results. I've tried the various methods.

OK. Yes, a hair dryer seems to puff up your hair. But for a short time only.

Looks as if hair dryers are really ideal for people with quite a lot of hair who need to be all ready to go in a hurry. That isn't me.

So today I gave away the hair dryer. Not having it here is a very liberating experience.

The problem with it is that handling it is one of the hardest things for me to do with the neck/shoulder problems I've been having.Aiming it at my head can be a challenge. I've dropped it all too often too.

I've heard that heat usually isn't a good thing for hair anyway. It dries it out. The hair loses Essential Oils.

You can see I've been exposed to the vast literature out there about skin and hair--all about follicles and exfoliating and moisturizing. This particular hair dryer had an ionizing button.

Ionizing? Yes. I used it and couldn't see that it did anything at all but supposedly it ionized.

There are times when science is good, and then there are times when it's baloney. I kinda wonder about the ionizing button.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I've got 3 or 4 hairdryers, but it is because they have accumulated over the past 20 to 25 years. Back when I had plenty of hair and was working I had to wash and blow my hair dry every morning.

I remember someone telling me years before that that they had to do that every morning and my first thought was, if I had to blow my hair dry every morning I would just quit work. Then the time came when I did, but couldn't afford to quit work. Now I only do it once or twice a week. I kept buying more hair dryers because (l) they said they worked better and (2) they were supposed to be lighter. I still dread it.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I have been walking anywhere from 1,000 steps to 1300 steps daily from 4:20pm to 7:30pm daily.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I have long curly hair now courtesy of COVID, and avoiding salons . It used to be short. My last haircut was March 2020.
    DH likes it. Occasionally I use a chi flat iron for a new look, but its too much trouble. It’s been years since using a blow dryer: as soon as I go out in the humid Florida, it undoes the smoothness of the dryer.

I have learned to love my hair just as it is...

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, it is great that you have curly hair. I have a friend who has curly hair and can just wash it, play around with it with her hands and gets it where she wants it and that's it. She use to be my next door neighbor and I really envied her that.

Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen cabinets and sink and mopped the kitchen floor and my master bath.
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

People born with curly hair never seem to realize just how lucky they are.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here in western ma the snow never got wet and heavy. So I could use a broom to push the snow off the porch. So it is very windy and tomorrow will be a mess because some snow piles will be very high while other areas will be empty of snow. Miserable storm but could have been worse. Where I am there is a weather thing that is keeping our totals huge but lower than other areas. The storm slammed into the hills half way across the state (Worcester ) and that created lower totals for us (some 60 miles away)

My neighbor plows for us and another friend will be by tomorrow to lend a hand. I feel lucky.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast