Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2021: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I took the trash out today too, Virginia! It's an achievement because the last time I did that was several days ago. It's just been too icy.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

1200 steps Monday and 1044 yesterday after 4 PM.
    Today I swam my full swim, cooked a side dish for dinner of cut in half roasted cut in half Brussels sprouts with purple onion, cut in half purple grapes and thinly sliced garlic slathered in EVOO. Everything turns out just a delicious combination , roast until softened, 25-30 minutes 375F. Even if you don’t like Brussels sprouts: Cooked this way you will enjoy them. Just be sure they are softened enough and some of the smaller pieces might be charred. Put the cut side down. DH loves these.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

That sounds good, Sunshine, except for the grapes. I have trouble with grapes in otherwise savory things - like chicken salad. I may try the Brussels and onions, though.

I’ve been walking nearly every day. Our usual walk is .61 miles Recently, a women in the neighborhood offered 5 free new books on the Nextdoor app so I asked for them for Mom. The round trip walk to get them was almost a mile and a half - definitely at my limit - but they were good books - two were Booker Prize finalists.

And, I have started stretching. I even got the contraption that Linda and Virginia have mentioned. I haven’t tried it yet.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-17-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That sounds good, Sunshine, except for the grapes. I have trouble with grapes in otherwise savory things - like chicken salad. I may try the Brussels and onions, though.

I’ve been walking nearly every day. Our usual walk is .61 miles Recently, a women in the neighborhood offered 5 free new books on the Nextdoor app so I asked for them for Mom. The round trip walk to get them was almost a mile and a half - definitely at my limit - but they were good books - two were Booker Prize finalists.

And, I have started stretching. I even got the contraption that Linda and Virginia have mentioned. I haven’t tried it yet.
    ANN

I recently sent one of those straps to a friend having a lot of leg problems. As I told her about the strap I began noticing that my use of it had grown stale and repetitive. So I started using it to strengthen my upper body as well as my legs. I now use it regularly again and have increase the workout to also aid me in stretching.

My friend said she is thrilled. Her legs had felt very heavy and the strap has made her feel a lot more comfortable. Nice!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I get my stretch out strap and work with it every once in awhile, but not on a regular basis. Though I know I should.

This afternoon I headed out to the store. I went by drive-thru Post Office to mail two cards. Then I went to Walgreens for nearly an hour, mostly looking, but buying some things also. Then I went to grocery store where I spent another hour getting stocked up. I got some frozen Burban glazed Salmon. They come two in a package. I will get to see what they are like. I got lots of other stuff and walked the store real good, so got some leg time in today.

I came home and first trip in to unload the car I accidently left the front door open and the alarm went off. I waited a couple of minutes and the alarm people didn't call so I went back out to the car for another load of groceries. In the meantime I guess they had tried and couldn't get me. They called my brother and the police. I talked to my brother and told him I was alright when he called me, then a cop showed up at my door. He was very young and very nice. I don't know if he was concerned or what but he set in his car in front of my house for quite awhile.

Then I got all the groceries put away. Meanwhile my chicken that I got from Chic-Fil-A was getting cold. I finally set down to get food about 7:25 and ate while I talked to 2nd brother.
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

You did get some good exercise, Virginia. Good work.

Oops re: alarm! That must have really unsettled your brother.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, when I realized what was going on I called one brother and he said let me call you back and hung up. He was calling my youngest brother to tell him he didn't need to come all the way over here that I was alright. That was the first I knew that they had called my brother and the police. I appreciate them being that much on the job. Hope they remain so.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I swam my full swim today. And I made the crust for tomorrow’s fish, resting a lot. My spasticity is not so great.
    I use that stretch bands at the end f the day when my walking returns at 4:30pm fr 3 hours.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, do you do anything during that 3 hours other than concentrate on walking? I know you have said that noise makes you have spasms sometime so I don't know if you can listen to music or books.

You are just like the space ship that went to Mars - Perseverance!!
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please don't tell me Sunshine has signed up for one of those trips to Mars!

I have a list of candidates for permanent settlement there and she's definitely not on that list.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast