Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2021: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

My hair was straight as a stick until I finished menopause. Suddenly, I had curly hair! Although not tight curls, it's curly enough to be presentable when it air dries.

I hear you about the hair dryer, agate, especially with your neck and shoulder problems. I've always disliked using a dryer, especially mine, which is heavy.

Sunshine ~ my last professional haircut was in October 2018. I watched a few videos on how to cut my hair, and every so often, I lop off a couple of inches. It's not difficult as long as you go with a straight cut, rather than layering. Your DH might be able to assist you.

Linda ~ The storm on the East looks quite heavy, and I pray for you and all who are affected by it.

I haven't walked in weeks. We've had bouts of inclement weather with strong winds and rain. Too dangerous for me. I'm trying to compensate for it by doing deep cleaning in the house. I'd much prefer to walk outside!

Stay strong and be well everyone!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I polished all the furniture in the living room, dinning room and foyer. Polishing is much harder than dusting. Then I vacuumed the dinning room, living room, foyer and down the hall. Hope to do more tomorrow.
    Virginia

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I walked 1200 steps . The pool heater is broken.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Thanks for the link. I like Dave’s site
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Went to the UPS store yesterday to get some stamps, then on to pharmacy. I went inside to pick up a few things and got my medicine inside. For first time cars were lined up at the drive-thru. They had started testing for COVID at the window, but not inside.

Then I went to Harris Teeter to get a few things.
    Virginia

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

January average daily step count for me, based on 26 days: 1,520 steps/day (down from December, when the average was 1,713 steps/day)
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, as much pain as you have been in, I am surprised you have been trying to walk. But I should have known since you just keep on persevering.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Use it or lose it" seems to be true. I do try to keep up with the exercise routines, including walking.

Walking wasn't affected with this pain. Bending over to pick something up, changing positions while sitting or lying down, and on some days even just lifting some little thing with either hand was the problem. I still can't move my head to either side very far. I may be stuck with that but I can still move it a little bit.

My voice has changed too. It now sounds creaky and uneven. It breaks in mid-sentence. I'm hoping this will go away. There are times when it isn't doing that.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

You guys are amazing!!!
    I am averaging 1,000-1300 steps daily between 4:20pm and 7:20pm. Pool heater still broken, waiting for the tech to fix it, looked at it and ordered a part.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast