Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 thread

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you Rose! I hope she comes out of the fatigued state soon too. My other friend and his mom have no physical symptoms of COVID but are still positive for COVID upon testing, apparently. Heard from my other coworker who has cancer and my friend with the stroke and they are completely healthy thank god as they are both extremely high risk. Most people I know simply streamed the Super Bowl and Zoomed :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

A dear friend had the second dose of the vaccine on Friday afternoon. Twelve hours later, she experienced fever, chills, headache and joint pain. Fever is gone today, but headache and joint pain remain. She said her symptoms were "in the anticipated range" associated with the second shot. She had no reaction after the first dose.

funnylegs4 ~

So glad that your friends, who are high risk, are healthy. I wonder why your other friends are still testing positive for COVID. There is so much we don't know about this virus.

Prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Rose and Parsi it is the bathroom that is keeping me up and has been for at least a couple of years.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe it was post #24 in this thread where Rose mentioned wondering how vaccinated people could still get COVID-19. I just ran across an example that illustrates one way:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021..._breaking_news
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good article regarding people having COVID after being vaccinated. Thanks for posting Agate.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I donít know if you heard this speech on NPR. It matters not your political persuasion to hear this ten minute speech. And remember, This man tragically lost his first wife and his child in a car crash, and his adult son to Cancer.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/22/97015...ening-ceremony

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, he is a special man.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I watched his speech and the ceremony live on TV, and I wept heavily through it all. If anyone understands grief and tragedy, loss and recovery, faith to give us the strength to put one foot in front of the other, he is that person. Our nation needs comforting, and he threw a huge quilt of love over all of us. I could feel how much he wished he could reach out and hug all of us.

It seems that his administration is working constantly to return our country to where it needs to be to face the future. The goal is to conquer COVID. I pray that we can all over the world.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

UPDATE: I heard from the female coworker who had COVID. She is completely negative for COVID19 but is so weak and exhausted that they diagnosed her with "post COVID19 syndrome" which is similar to some of her other conditions but is like a COVID specific fatigue and immune system disorder...yuck! I don't know if this means she has another disability on top of her other ones or if this is permanent for her. Poor thing. I hope she improves. Please pray for her?
    My other male friend and his mom are negative but also have fatigue that is ongoing, though not to the extent that my coworker does. This virus can really damage the body. I get my vaccine as soon as the site that is most accessible to me has an appointment slot. My doctors say it's safe for me to have it according to current research.

The Biden speech was good. Biden had a lot of tragedy in his life and that breaks my heart for him.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

funnylegs, I hope your coworker will recover soon. I understand that one big concern about COVID-19 is that it sometimes has severe lingering effects, and they're probably not sure how long those will last.

I don't know how others feel but seeing that white ball with red things sticking out of it chills me--the COVID-19 symbol, I guess it is, and I understand that it really does look a little like that under a microscope. Someone described it as "creepy," and that's how I feel about it. It's a creepy disease with a creepy appearance.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate (generic Copaxone) since December 2020.

"A person with multiple sclerosis walks into a bar ... and a table, and a chair, and a wall."

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast