Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A really, no really, great jar opener.

Distinguished Community Member RandomThought's Avatar

Default A really, no really, great jar opener.

My wife stumbled upon a really great jar opener. It is so good at opening jars that even with arthritis she say she doesn't have much need for me anymore.

I bought one for my elderly mother, who used to set jars near the door to remember to ask me to open them when visiting. She has little use for me now.

Sometimes, even I (hard to believe right?) am defeated by a stubborn jar or lid...but not anymore! This sizes down to as small as a twist cap on soda or bottled water and enlarges to easily handle, say, a mayonnaise jar.

They are a bit pricey (Swiss made,over $20) but look on amazon or ebay for KHN 2560 to keep your cost down.

KHN 2560.jpg

https://kuhnrikonshop.com/products/t...per-jar-opener

*disclaimer* not actually intended to replace a spouse/helper/or significant other *disclaimer*
    Last edited by RandomThought; 01-05-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I done made a mistake
    *another random thought *

Distinguished Community Member

Random Thoughts thanks so much for this useful information. As soon as they get me a new charge card in the mail (mine had a fraud against it), I will, for sure order one of these.

Sad that neither your wife nor your Mother need you anymore.
    Last edited by Virginia; 01-05-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member RandomThought's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Random Thoughts thanks so much for this useful information. As soon as they get me a new charge card in the mail (mine had a fraud against it), I will, for sure order one of these.

Sad that neither your wife nor your Mother need you anymore.
    While I am glad that this might be helpful to you I am also sad that after this you probably won't need me anymore either.

I am starting to think that I may have sung the praises of this opener on this very (or one of its earlier incarnations) forum years ago.

-----------------

Oddly enough, our credit card was also halted due to fraud just yesterday. I wonder if there was a major breach. Someone was buying lots of McDonald's and fancy coffee in Kentucky with ours !
    *another random thought *

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Someone was using an expensive IT service on mine, or so it appeared to me in an e-mail they sent asking if it was my charge. If I could just charge away on someone else's charge card I probably would have lots of new things, and if restaurants were open now I could eat at a real expensive one if some unknown person was paying for it.

I still need you to keep telling us all the strange things about yourself. So, you have not outlived your usefulness.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Random Thought ~

This looks like a handy gadget. It will replace my lifelong technique of boldly tapping the edge of the jar lid on the concrete floor to break the seal.

I did this even when my husband was strong and husky. He'd say, "Here let me do it," and many times I handed him the jar. Other times, I'd reply, "That's okay. I've got it." Bang! On the floor. Open.

Your wife, mother, and we need you for more important things than opening a jar. You're not obsolete.

Credit card fraud seems to be on the rise now, probably due to COVID and the loss of income for so many people. I had a similar scare recently, but it turned out that my over cautious credit card company was concerned about a purchase I did make, thinking it could be fraudulent. I thanked them, because it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Virginia, Peter will open your jars when he is down there ironing and sharpening your knives.

He’ll also get things down from high places or put them up.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peter sounds almost as good as Sam, the amazing cat that Howie works for.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yes, he does Agate. I am beginning to think that I should just make a list of all the things that need to be done and give it to Peter. Also, I always hesitate to wear my blouses that have to be ironed because that would add to the things that I have to do. Right now I am wearing washable sweaters. However, when warm weather comes I will just wear all my blouses and enjoy them, then Peter can go to his "happy place" and stay there for quite awhile.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

He’ll need a radio, Virginia, and some radio stations with quirky programming. He’ll settle for jazz.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whatever he wants! I'd be happy to give him something else to do as I know that the devil finds work for idle hands. I avoid wearing some clothes just because I'd need to iron them, and so we could start with the ironing.

In the meantime, I'm definitely going to look into that jar opener, Random Thought. I have a small collection of jar openers already but there are times when none of them works.
    Last edited by agate; 01-05-2021 at 11:23 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast