Just for fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun...

I just had to share these photos of my daughters cat. They stayed with us over the holiday and Rue loved our tree.
    E1C042D2-8AAF-424D-8DE4-88EB2500CEBB.jpg8F4778A1-36F8-46E2-B99F-0A926ECA29C2.jpgBDDEAA45-1B3C-496F-9A0B-7EB93919C717.jpg
    Mary Grace

((((((Hugs to All))))))) ~

Mary Grace ~

Thank you so much for sharing these adorable photos of Rue, who obviously decided that she is a Christmas ornament! I'm just glad that she could get in and out of the tree safely without toppling it.

Our Cocker Spaniel thought that the skirt around the tree was a blanket for her. Once she established that, it was, of course, her blanket. She had a bed upstairs and downstairs, and often slept on our bed, but that Christmas tree blanket was special to her. Perhaps it was her way of telling us that she was our Christmas gift every year she was with us. And she certainly was.

I'm so glad that you have these happy memories from your holidays.

Please post more photos from your holidays and your birthday!

Many prayers and lots of love to you and your beautiful family ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Beautiful photos! I'm amazed that any Christmas tree can survive a cat's interest but your kitty seems to be getting along very well with the tree--even IN the tree.

Lovely tree too!
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Rose, rue loved sitting under the tree as well. She messed up some lights and knocked off some ornaments but she loved it so much and it just seemed natural for her to be in the tree I couldn’t let that bother me lol. We did have the tree tied up. Ever since our very first tree together which fell over as soon as we got it decorated we tie our trees to the wall.
        Agate, thank you! Rue was right at home inside the tree.
        Thought I’d include a few pictures of what we’re doing to keep busy.
        70984382-FD88-44D7-A72E-1DEA3A3E3C07.jpgFFCF1264-973E-44AD-B7E3-BFBF268E1D43.jpgD7178D68-8615-4D5D-9931-6C5870F57FA2.jpg8FC22F1A-7A0D-4AAA-9656-805DA19B8302.jpgDA00EC33-146B-45A6-BA2A-10C2B72F50D5.jpgA9C3D44E-7685-41FA-8FCA-E5BEEE783E54.jpg
        A couple of projects, a minion gingerbread house and a fluffy penguin that Kathleen named Paul. We bought her a stomp rocket to get outside and be active. It’s great and works on her balance a bit. I’ve been looking into getting her an under desk cycle that she can use sitting in a chair. There’s so many out there I need to do a little research.
        On a positive note one of Kathleen’s community habilitation workers will be getting the vaccine and hopefully be able to work with Kathleen safely soon.
        Wishing you all happiness and good health
        P.S. a really lovely sunset across the street from our house!
        Mary Grace
        Last edited by mg12061; 01-10-2021, 05:07 AM.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Mary Grace ~

Great photos as always! Love the gingerbread house and Paul. Gorgeous sunset! I love sunsets.

I bought Jim an under the desk cycle from Amazon. I looked at the various ones and read the customer comments to make my choice. Unfortunately, he never had a chance to use it.

About the COVID vaccine ~

Today, I watched an interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta by Stephen Colbert. Dr. Gupta stated that the COVID vaccine will not prevent people from getting COVID. The vaccine is designed to reduce the severity of symptoms, if one gets COVID. This might result in more people, who are COVID positive, being asymptomatic but still contagious.

For this reason, masks, hand washing and social distancing continue to be necessary.

I did a little search, and I found this interview with Dr. Fauci from October 2020, in which he states the same thing:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

If I heard or read this previously last year, I can't recall it, but that's not unusual for me these days. To me, it was a little surprising, as I thought a vaccine was intended for prevention, not reducing symptoms. Evidently, the immediate need for the COVID vaccines meant that they would only lessen the impact of the virus.

So, we should all be cautious in our interactions with others, as if they didn't get the vaccine, even if they did.

The roll out of the vaccines has been pathetic. Far fewer Americans have been vaccinated than was anticipated at this point. We have a long way to go.

Here's a terrifying fact I heard on the news today: Every 33 seconds, someone dies from COVID.

Let us all remain vigilant about protecting ourselves and each other. Everyone in the country has to commit to: No Super Bowl parties, Valentine's Day parties, St. Patrick's Day parties, Spring Break, Easter gatherings. When I see planes flying over my home, I think,"That is a COVID and every other infectious disease super spreader."

Our state's slogan is: "Stay home. Save lives."

So, I'm sorry, Mary Grace, to tell you this, as I know you want Kathleen's community habilitation workers to return. I know Kathleen needs their assistance too. But, it may not be safe for quite awhile.

I send you my love, prayers and deep appreciation to you for sharing your wonderful family with us. You have a fantastic imagination and so much creativity. Kathleen is always smiling and joyful. My hat is off to you, dear friend!

Prayers, hugs, positive, healing energy on the way for all of our friends here and your loved ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose thank you! Kathleen loves her crafts! She especially loves to paint and do word searches. She loves cooking too. Today we made blueberry waffles and pancakes to freeze for her breakfasts. Last week we made sugar cookies.
            Thank you for all your input. I always always appreciate your input for sure. I know your input is always well thought out and researched. It does remind me that for sure this is NOT a complete fix and protection. I need to make sure we are still taking all the precautions that we have been. We plan on doing hopefully some short outdoor things with a mask. I agree we will not be safe for a while. Being outside seemed a bit safer but still needs distancing even then. I'm hoping we will have some days scattered throughout the winter months that will allow a little time outside. We're also looking into an outdoor heater and/or fire pit.
            I agree about the planes... I can't imagine getting into a plane right now. I always felt they were kind of a petri dish but now it's more serious. I hope every day that our governor starts to take some more serious precautions. I feel like people don't take it as serious because everything is open and "business as usual" gives an impression of normalcy when it's anything but.
            Thank you for all your kind words. Kathleen keeps me on my toes and keeps me feeling young for sure.
            Stay well healthy and safe
            Mary Grace

Comment

Mary Grace ~

While there seems to be conflicting information on whether the vaccines prevent COVID, it is best to err on the safe side, and continue wearing masks, social distancing, washing our hands. On the local news this morning, I learned that California's current death toll from COVID is 30,513 people. And the mutant strain is here and increasing.

Not enough people have been vaccinated yet for us to see a change.

It would be nice for you to be able to be outside in the cold winter months. A heater, fire pit, lots of coats and blankets, hot chocolate ~ if anyone can make that work, it's you and your family.

Blueberry waffles and pancakes. I'll be over for breakfast tomorrow! I'll have to astral project to get there, but then we won't have to social distance.

Sending healing, positive energy, and prayers to you and your family and all of our dear friends here and your loved ones. Stay safe. Keep wearing your masks. And find a bit of joy in every day. List your blessings and count them. That is an enlightening exercise for your spirit.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Rose,I totally agree we still need to take all the same precautions we've been taking. We're planning on doing all. of that.
                Counting my blessings every day. At the top of the list my families health. My family is all still working and doing so pretty safely. Myself my husband and Kathleen have had a lot of quality time together. We have been able to tackle some home improvement projects that have been on the back burner for some time now.
                Hugs and prayers to my CN family!
                Mary Grace

Comment

Mary Grace ~

It's so good to know that you and your family are healthy and being cautious. These are certainly scary times for all of us, but you have been troopers and so imaginative and creative in finding joy to get through it. I know you will continue to do that, because that's who you are!

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift from God, which is why we call it the present". (Originator ambiguous)

Healing, positive energy and prayers to you and your family and to all of our friends and their loved ones here.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Rose thanks as always for your kind and positive words. I think what keeps me going is knowing that the weather will get better and we will have time outside. I miss our walks and bike rides. The cold is really hard on Kathleen she gets cold so easily especially on her stroke affected side.
                    Not sure if I mentioned it before but my son and his fiance have postponed their wedding. It was originally set for April 16th. The new date is September 3rd. I haven't broken the news to Kathleen but she'll adjust as she always does. It's hard to believe it's coming up on a year since this covid stuff started. I never imagined it would interfere with Kathleen's birthday party but we need different plans this year for sure. We'll have to get creative and make a fun surprise parade! She'll love it I'm sure!
                    Stay well and safe my friend!
                    Mary Grace

Comment

Mary Grace ~

I know another couple, who has had to postpone their wedding due to COVID. All of the planning to make your wedding day perfect, and then to have to defer it to a later date, must be stressful. In a way, this is a test, perhaps. Marriage is about commitment through all things, for better or worse. Actually, that is what Love is, not just marriage. They will endeavor through this together and become stronger. What matters most is that they have each other.

Without a doubt, Mary Grace, you will create a magical and wonderful birthday party for Kathleen. I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing photos.

Stay safe and be well. We'll get through this together. Change is on the horizon. Prayers and healing positive energy to you and your beautiful family and all of our friends here and your loved ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Rose, I hope you are doing well. It's just so unbelievable that we're almost at a year dealing with this pandemic. I'm so thankful that we didn't know the enormity of this when it started. What kept us going and working hard at being safe was hoping it would be over soon. It slowly became our way of life.
                        My son and his fiance are ok with moving the date of the wedding. They kinda could see it coming so it wasn't a surprise or a decision entered into lightly. They knew it wouldn't be safe. My sister actually got married (it was her second marriage) during the pandemic. She was going to have a small wedding and kept putting off even starting plans. I think she was actually relieved to just get it done without all the planning. They had a justice in their garage one day and surprised everyone with it all done LOL.
                        I'm very excited to plan this "new" kind of party for Kathleen. It will be memorable for sure.
                        My mom was in the hospital this past week for very high blood pressure (she's over 90). They had to send her to a rehab because she was having a hard time getting back on her feet. She lives alone so they couldn't send her home. At the hospital she fell and hit her head when they were getting her up. Luckily she's ok but I'm frightened for her to be in a rehab. The covid cases are still extremely high in our rehabs and nursing homes. I'm just praying she is out soon and back home.
                        Every week I see cases around us but thank god we are safe.
                        Stay well and stay safe!
                        Mary Grace
                        P.S. GO BILLS!!!! (remember I'm. NY'er)
                        Last edited by mg12061; 01-24-2021, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Mary Grace ~

I am so sorry that your mother is going through all of this, and I know that this is stressful for you in so many ways. My prayers are with her and with you and your family that she will be safe in rehab and able to be released soon.

Have you checked into having 24 hour home care for your mother, including visits by home health care nurses once a week? With this in place, she would be safer to be at home. It sounds like she might be at risk, if she continued to live alone, so that is why I am suggesting this as an option to rehab.

Your Bills played a great game, and for them and for you, I'm sorry they lost. I confess, I am a Patrick Mahomes fan (as were Jim and Jon), and I am not a Tom Brady fan.

Keeping you and all of our friends here in my prayers, and sending positive, healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Rose, It was great just to see the Bills get that far! Would have been nice to win but they did good by NY. I spent a lot of time in Buffalo when I was a kid. My cousin lived there and we were very close, I spent a lot of time in the summer there with her. My husband and son are actually big Jets fans (shhhh don't tell anyone LOL).
                            My mom is doing OK so far. She does NOT want to be there and she's very lonely for sure. When she goes home she'll most likely get some services, therapy and visiting nurses. But for now she still has to at least be able to stand for a certain time and walk. Till then they can't let her go home.
                            Right now we're getting dumped on with a snowstorm! It's sooooo cold too. We did order a fire pit online and we're very excited to use it. Maybe Saturday. It'll be almost 40 and partly sunny. The pit comes with a grill top so we can also cook something while keeping warm. Can't wait to start using it!
                            I ordered a couple of paint by numbers for Kathleen and she did one yesterday. She loves painting! it came out very cute. I'll get a picture of it and post that as well as some snowy day pictures! I'm not big on watching TV shows but I did start watching The Animal Planet channel this past week. I happened upon a show called Treehouse Masters. It was pretty amazing what they built. very very expensive I'm sure but beautiful Tree houses with gorgeous views and amenities.
                            I am extremely thankful for every day that we are granted good health. Stay well my friend!
                            Mary Grace

Comment

Mary Grace ~

Have the doctors determined the reason why your mom is unable to stand and walk? How is her blood pressure? Is she stabilized? What meds is she taking? Could they be affecting her balance?

That is always concerning as we age, because some kind of mobility, with a walker, a wheelchair, etc. is needed to be considered safe in your home by authorities. And it can be difficult to be released from rehab facilities for that reason.

New York may have a variety of programs to assist with relocating seniors to their homes. In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) is available in many states. It might be worth researching this for your mom to determine if there are any viable options for her to recover at home rather than in rehab.

I hope you are safe during this snow storm, and I'm excited for you to get your outdoor fire pit! I hope that it works out perfectly for you all.

Here is my favorite Animal Planet show, Saved By The Barn:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

It touched my heart deeply to watch these people rescue and care for a wide variety of animals. The LOVE is abundant in this series.

I take it that you, as a Bills fan, and your husband and son as Jets fans, you all don't watch football games together?

My love to you and your beautiful family. Stay safe, be well, enjoy every moment of every day. Prayers on the way ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
                              X