Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun...

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Mary Grace ~

I know another couple, who has had to postpone their wedding due to COVID. All of the planning to make your wedding day perfect, and then to have to defer it to a later date, must be stressful. In a way, this is a test, perhaps. Marriage is about commitment through all things, for better or worse. Actually, that is what Love is, not just marriage. They will endeavor through this together and become stronger. What matters most is that they have each other.

Without a doubt, Mary Grace, you will create a magical and wonderful birthday party for Kathleen. I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing photos.

Stay safe and be well. We'll get through this together. Change is on the horizon. Prayers and healing positive energy to you and your beautiful family and all of our friends here and your loved ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, I hope you are doing well. It's just so unbelievable that we're almost at a year dealing with this pandemic. I'm so thankful that we didn't know the enormity of this when it started. What kept us going and working hard at being safe was hoping it would be over soon. It slowly became our way of life.
    My son and his fiance are ok with moving the date of the wedding. They kinda could see it coming so it wasn't a surprise or a decision entered into lightly. They knew it wouldn't be safe. My sister actually got married (it was her second marriage) during the pandemic. She was going to have a small wedding and kept putting off even starting plans. I think she was actually relieved to just get it done without all the planning. They had a justice in their garage one day and surprised everyone with it all done LOL.
    I'm very excited to plan this "new" kind of party for Kathleen. It will be memorable for sure.
    My mom was in the hospital this past week for very high blood pressure (she's over 90). They had to send her to a rehab because she was having a hard time getting back on her feet. She lives alone so they couldn't send her home. At the hospital she fell and hit her head when they were getting her up. Luckily she's ok but I'm frightened for her to be in a rehab. The covid cases are still extremely high in our rehabs and nursing homes. I'm just praying she is out soon and back home.
    Every week I see cases around us but thank god we are safe.
    Stay well and stay safe!
    Mary Grace
    P.S. GO BILLS!!!! (remember I'm. NY'er)
    Last edited by mg12061; 01-24-2021 at 04:34 AM.

3. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Mary Grace ~

I am so sorry that your mother is going through all of this, and I know that this is stressful for you in so many ways. My prayers are with her and with you and your family that she will be safe in rehab and able to be released soon.

Have you checked into having 24 hour home care for your mother, including visits by home health care nurses once a week? With this in place, she would be safer to be at home. It sounds like she might be at risk, if she continued to live alone, so that is why I am suggesting this as an option to rehab.

Your Bills played a great game, and for them and for you, I'm sorry they lost. I confess, I am a Patrick Mahomes fan (as were Jim and Jon), and I am not a Tom Brady fan.

Keeping you and all of our friends here in my prayers, and sending positive, healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Rose, It was great just to see the Bills get that far! Would have been nice to win but they did good by NY. I spent a lot of time in Buffalo when I was a kid. My cousin lived there and we were very close, I spent a lot of time in the summer there with her. My husband and son are actually big Jets fans (shhhh don't tell anyone LOL).
    My mom is doing OK so far. She does NOT want to be there and she's very lonely for sure. When she goes home she'll most likely get some services, therapy and visiting nurses. But for now she still has to at least be able to stand for a certain time and walk. Till then they can't let her go home.
    Right now we're getting dumped on with a snowstorm! It's sooooo cold too. We did order a fire pit online and we're very excited to use it. Maybe Saturday. It'll be almost 40 and partly sunny. The pit comes with a grill top so we can also cook something while keeping warm. Can't wait to start using it!
    I ordered a couple of paint by numbers for Kathleen and she did one yesterday. She loves painting! it came out very cute. I'll get a picture of it and post that as well as some snowy day pictures! I'm not big on watching TV shows but I did start watching The Animal Planet channel this past week. I happened upon a show called Treehouse Masters. It was pretty amazing what they built. very very expensive I'm sure but beautiful Tree houses with gorgeous views and amenities.
    I am extremely thankful for every day that we are granted good health. Stay well my friend!
    Mary Grace

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Mary Grace ~

Have the doctors determined the reason why your mom is unable to stand and walk? How is her blood pressure? Is she stabilized? What meds is she taking? Could they be affecting her balance?

That is always concerning as we age, because some kind of mobility, with a walker, a wheelchair, etc. is needed to be considered safe in your home by authorities. And it can be difficult to be released from rehab facilities for that reason.

New York may have a variety of programs to assist with relocating seniors to their homes. In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) is available in many states. It might be worth researching this for your mom to determine if there are any viable options for her to recover at home rather than in rehab.

I hope you are safe during this snow storm, and I'm excited for you to get your outdoor fire pit! I hope that it works out perfectly for you all.

Here is my favorite Animal Planet show, Saved By The Barn:

https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-show...d-by-the-barn/

It touched my heart deeply to watch these people rescue and care for a wide variety of animals. The LOVE is abundant in this series.

I take it that you, as a Bills fan, and your husband and son as Jets fans, you all don't watch football games together?

My love to you and your beautiful family. Stay safe, be well, enjoy every moment of every day. Prayers on the way ~

Love & Light,

Rose

0123B6FE-C2F5-4B1B-A7B3-71268A33526D.jpg560DECC0-AEA9-49ED-B861-37F288DB9C50.jpg7BBE63AC-C2E2-46E5-AEBF-68ECE39E8E4E.jpg3A7B4720-9695-4CD4-80DF-02DEC14E0E56.jpgA072A9BA-F244-4539-A195-2ACE68F3FAFF.jpg7BBE63AC-C2E2-46E5-AEBF-68ECE39E8E4E.jpg. Here’s our snowstorm, about a foot and a half of snow. That was Tuesday morning and now today it felt so warm the sun was out and we got outside to throw a football ��. Kathleen loves owls and did an owl paint by number to hang on her wall. She loves to paint! She also made a birthday countdown chain. It’s pretty long hahaha. But she’s ready for another birthday.
    We’re doing well and seeing the sun is so hopeful and comforting.
    My mom went back to the hospital with kidney problems. Her not walking is mostly just because she was in bed for several days and they didn’t get her up so it’s a weakness that develops quickly from non use.
    Stay well everyone!
    Mary Grace

9. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Mary Grace ~

Kathleen signed her owl painting "Joy," which is exactly, precisely who she is. Kathleen is ready and deserves another wonderful birthday, which I am certain she will have.

I am hoping that the weather holds out for you all with sunshine and warmer temperatures.

I am so sorry that your mom had to return to the hospital, and that the rehab center didn't do a better job of getting her up and helping her to become mobile again. I am sure that you are very worried about her, and I am sending prayers, and healing, positive energy to your mom and to you and your family that she will receive the care she needs to recover fully.

Love & Light,

Rose

11. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Rose, Kathleen really is a joy! Thank you!
    I think I have mentioned that we "celebrate" a birthday every day in our house. We sing happy birthday to someone either real or made up like one of her stuffed animals. Well for this month she remembered the birthday of a mom and dad of two children that I used to babysit several years ago! It's amazing how she remembers these birthdays. She remembers her grandpas birthday which would have been this month... He passed away several years ago she was quite young when he passed. I've been looking online for things for her birthday. She probably needs nothing but I'm looking at some crafts that she can do. She loves painting and doing crafts. She loves reading so there's a really nice book that Tim Tebow wrote I'm going to get her it's really a lovely story.
    https://www.christianbook.com/bronco...SAAEgIpqPD_BwE

It's been quite cold here and snowy! We got a few inches of snow with a little ice monday night and we're getting more tonight. And looking ahead the weather shows more early next week! It's been a tough February for our weather. I pray for the people in Texas though they're getting crazy weather! How's your weather been? Are you able to get outside? What's new with you?
    We're all healthy here and I am immensely happy and thankful for that.
    My mom is back to rehab now which is better in that she will actually get some therapy. She sounds good but of course wants to be home...
    Stay well and safe!
    Mary Grace

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Mary Grace ~

What a fantastic memory Kathleen has! She is Joy, and Birthdays are full of Joy, so it makes complete sense that she celebrates birthdays every day. I'm sure that everything you give her for her birthday will delight her, and I hope she enjoys Tim Tebow's book.

I pray that your mom receives excellent care in rehab and that she is up and moving regularly. May you all continue to be healthy.

The weather has been horrible throughout the country, and I feel for Texans, who are stranded. It appears that incompetence is the reason, which means it was avoidable. Sadly, the people, who are suffering, elected the officials, who are letting them freeze and starve.

We've had recent rains and strong winds, but the weather here has been gorgeous the past few days. Yesterday, I spent some time in the backyard with John and his friend, and today I watered the backyard plants, hosed off the patio furniture, and filled up Michael's pond. The rain and winds curtailed my walks, but I hope to return to them soon.

Since it seems that you and I are the only ones posting here on CN, I have been posting on the MS forum. I've done all that I can to generate activity here on CN, but it is obvious that we are the only ones, who come here and post now. I will continue to communicate with you, of course, and any of our other members, should they return.

As long as I am able, I will be here on CN. I remember saying that I'd be here to keep the light on, just in case someone stops by. I miss everyone and our excellent conversations and support. But I'm still here, and you're still here, Mary Grace, so together, we will keep the light on.

Sending all of my love, healing, positive energy, and prayers to you and your beautiful family ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Hi,

I’ve been reading but have been very busy at work. We are all doing well. My son and daughter in law had COVID in January but have bounced back to normal. They believe she caught it at work because she is a nurse.

I can’t wait for spring!

Marcie

16. The following user says "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast