Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January 2021: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I am so sorry that your family is having medical issues. I am sending healing prayers and positive energy for all of your family.

Thank you, everyone here, for your inspiration. I have started walking again, because of your example. I am starting out slow, because I haven't walked for months. My first walk was Wednesday. My legs were a bit wobbly, but I persevered and walked 1/2 mile.

My second walk was today, and I encountered one of my favorite neighborhood dogs, Snowcone, a white lab, with her master, who lets her walk off leash. (That is a violation of our HOA, but he's been doing this for years with his dogs.)

Snow came around a corner, saw me, and walked right up to me. I couldn't resist her sweet eyes, so I petted her with my gloved hand. Her master rounded the corner a couple of minutes later, and he stood on the greenbelt about 10 ft from me, which is good, because he was mask-less. I always wear a mask whenever I go outside, even to get mail.

When I arrived home, I took the trash bins out to the street for pick up. Three bins from the side yard, and I have to make two turns on the walkway and driveway to get them to the street. Our driveway is sloped, which also presents a challenge keeping them and me balanced as we get to the bottom.

By the time I finished that, I had 2/3 mi on my pedometer.

For the rest of the day, I did 2 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, pulled a 20 lb box of fresh oranges from the front porch into the house, and then I rested. I had a lengthy list of chores to do today, but I was tuckered out.

I hope that I can continue my walks and get stronger. I definitely notice my weakness from not walking for so long. I also noticed that I am standing just slightly straighter after my walks, which is a huge plus, since I feel like I'm folding in half sometimes.

So, thank you all for inspiring me into returning to my walking routine.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, that sounds like a very strenuous day! Congratulations on resuming the walking!

Today I stood long enough to repot a violet that badly needed a pick-me-up of some kind, and I tended to a bunch of broccoli. But all too much time was spent on the phone in the last couple of days, just trying to sort out a couple of problems with the recent grocery/pharmacy delivery.

The groceries arrived yesterday but I was being charged $112 extra for a "past due" pharmacy charge. I knew that was wrong but it took time to sort it out. One of the rx's that was to be delivered yesterday didn't get here either, and I kept looking at the pharmacy's Website to figure out when or if it would be ready.

The pharmacy is still adjusting to filling this new rx (generic Copaxone) for me, and this was the first refill. I get a supply for exactly 28 doses each month but this month, thanks to the 10 days they took to refill the rx, I'll miss a dose this coming Wednesday because I'll be out of it.

Luckily for me, the 3-times-a-week Copaxone allows for some flexibility. I can get away with waiting till Thursday for that shot, take it on Thursday, then I'll put off the usual Friday shot till Saturday, and by Monday I'll be back on track--until it's time for another refill, and I might have another problem with the pharmacy.

I'm thinking about PillPack instead. Does anyone use it? It seems to be part of Amazon now? I even contacted Pill Pack and learned that they would be able to handle this injectable drug.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Great job Rose! I hadn’t realized that walking had gotten hard for you.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good for you Rose. Now you know you can keep going.

Agate, I too spent much of yesterday on the phone - trying to get a new credit card and trying to find out about the new way I am going to get Rebif. It will be a completely different specialty pharmacy for me. This is because my new insurance wants me to use this one instead of the one I am accustomed to. I think there was something else I needed to straighten out, but I don't remember what it was.
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate and Virginia ~

Your tales of trying to get your meds just infuriates me! I'm reminded of all of the roadblocks I encountered trying to get meds for Michael, Jon, and Jim. You shouldn't have to be "flexible" with your doses. There is a specific reason why you are taking these meds, and you need them!

I want to blame it on pharmacies and the entire medical system being overwhelmed by COVID, but we know that it's been this way pre-pandemic.

Like your neighbor's meds, agate, these meds are "critical" to your health, well being, and survival.

Bringing it back to our focus to keep moving, this creates stress, and stress is exhausting. That exhaustion reduces our energy to keep moving. Stress is also detrimental to our immune system.

So, my heart goes out to you as you try to get your vitally needed meds. Praying you get them sooner rather than later. Then you can rest for awhile.

Sunshine ~

I have RA, PA, and osteoporosis, so my body is basically crumbling.

Why I have lasted this long is probably because I've exercised most of my life. Walking became my exercise of choice for many reasons. I feel better when I exercise. I have less pain, and I seem to be able to straighten up a little more.

Today, I walked 2/3 mi including bringing the bins in from the street, up the driveway to the side yard.

My goal is to keep walking, but I will also allow myself an off day, if I'm not feeling up to it. I know my limitations.

We can't do better than our best, which is what we are all doing.

Anything you can do today, with all you're facing, is enough. This is the lesson I continue to teach myself.

Keep moving at your own pace and in your own way.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Congratulations on getting back to your routine, Rose. It’s good for body and soul.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

1000 steps yesterday.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 1/2 mile, then organized pills and resting rest of day as all of the cooking had been done yesterday for today and tomorrow, IVIG day.
    Yesterday I walked 670 steps. My spasticity has worsened and I couldnt chance going more
    Next week is surgery.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today I swam 1/2 mile, then organized pills and resting rest of day as all of the cooking had been done yesterday for today and tomorrow, IVIG day.
    Yesterday I walked 670 steps. My spasticity has worsened and I couldnt chance going more
    Next week is surgery.
    You inspire me to get up and work! Thanks for that. This pandemic has given me the luxury of having time to do farm chores without having to do them immediately. Soon enough I will be wondering how I could have wasted all this free time! Take care.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sunshine, is there a pre-surgery preparation you have to go through?

Recent step counts for me:

1/4/21 - 1198 steps
    1/5/21 - 1658 "
    1/6/21 - 1392 "
    1/7/21 - 1886 "
    1/8/21 - 1094 "
    1/9/21 - 2891 "
    1/10/21 - 976 "
    1/11/21 -1204 "
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast