Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: January 2021: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member

Default January 2021: Keep on Moving

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves that.

Rabbit Rabbit...

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I swam this morning. And then promptly got a spasm in my foot while putting on my sock. I hate this disease. But the swim was nice. It is warm in Florida today :)
    Yesterday I walked 1,000 steps.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice way to start the year, Sunshine--I mean the swimming, not the spasm.

I had to do quite a bit of extra housework in recent days because of the inspections. I prefer doing housework occasionally and at my own pace instead of having to get everything all neat and tidy for one specific time but these things happen.

In the last couple of days I've swept the patio, carpet swept the carpet, mopped both floors (with disposable mop thingies), cleaned the bathroom (skipped the tub), cleaned the glass on the patio doors and cleaned the patio blinds, cleaned the stove (easy because the oven wasn't dirty since I don't do any serious cooking), and did a lot of decluttering.

I was intending to do the other two blinds, which are much bigger and involve a stepstool, but didn't get to that. I do have a special gadget for cleaning blinds but there's still a lot of standing involved. I've devised a way of marking my place on the blind so I can take a break and come back to it later. I put a piece of Scotch tape or a post it note on the blind I need to do next.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

That’s ALOT of work agate! Talk about Keep On Moving!

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

You two are really going, going!

Agate, you just gave me a way to mark my inside plantation shutters when I am cleaning them and have to stop.
    Virginia

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I swam today. Will cook and rest of the day rest. Yesterday I walked 1200 steps Fromm 4:25 pm until 7:25pm and of that 56 were done to, and from the pool, to the shower and out of shower to my dry clothes.
    Last edited by Sunshine 2; 01-02-2021 at 04:36 AM.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I just don't see how you do it. It is amazing that you walk so much even when you are sick.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunshine, I just don't see how you do it. It is amazing that you walk so much even when you are sick.

Yes, I agree! I believe you said you do better later in the day and that's when you do most of the walking?

I figured up my average stepcount for December: 1,713 steps/day based on only 25 days because pedometers were being pesky.
    Last edited by agate; 01-03-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

WOW agate, you are my hero.

Yes, I think late in the day walking is because my last muscle relaxant, Klonopin, is given only 2.5 hours after the previous one, rather than the 4 hour gap.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I swam this morning , then I cooked dinner, and i had help cleaning up. The rest of the day is rest and self care. After 4:30 pm I will use the rollator as the extra muscle relaxant helps me walk. I aim for 1000 steps, and typically range from 1000 to 1200 steps.

That might be my last swim for a while: this coming week will have early morning temps in the 40s and its the only time my legs can swim without spasms, and when DH is home from work.

There are a lot of terrible medical things going on right now in my family. I will let you know if I drop my time here for a week or two.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast