Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 2021 chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 2021 chitchat

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm sure many of us are happy to be ushering the year 2020 out. Let's hope that this new year will bring everyone here health and good luck--and as much chocolate as we want! And lots of good movies to watch and good books to read and good music to listen to!

I'm expecting good things from 2021.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Happy New Year all!!!

And I went to my online banking account first thing this morning, and here is an extra $600. Politics at work!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Me too, Howie! Little holiday elves up bright and early on New Year's Day and busily handing out real money--remarkable.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

No extra $600.00 in mine. Guess you two have a special "in" with someone in high places.

I called my brother and he and his wife are about the same. She had a kind of rough night last night, but was feeling a little better this afternoon. He was about the same as yesterday. They do not have an appetite. I guess this disease is up and down and just takes a lot of time.

Agate, thanks for the New Year's card you posted. I wanted to do it before I went to bed, which turned out to be about 2:30AM, but I knew I would just take another hour trying and still not be able to do it. That is the one thing that eludes me on the computer. Otherwise I guess I do pretty well. I remember being able to do it at one time, but I don't remember how I did it. Also my keyboard has changed as has my program. I have actually wondered if there is something wrong with my keyboard. Probably not - it's probably me.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, usually when I try to post an image, it's still trial and error. I try several different options in the hope that one of them will work. "Copy image" often works now, and that is nice because it's easier. "Copy image address" is another option I often use but it's a bit more involved. "Save image as" can be one way to go but it means saving the image on your computer, then transferring it over to wherever you want it to show up.

If you usually do images as attachments, everything I just said might not mean much to you. I hardly ever do them as attachments and don't remember much about how to do that.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Congratulations on your stimulus checks. I still haven't received the first one! I had to return the one sent to me and Jim.

My computer came back on this morning after a long time to reboot. Then, in the afternoon, it froze. I had to shut it down again, and endure an hours long reboot to get here. My darling friend rescued me on the phone last night and several times today to walk me through the process of getting it working again, and keep it working until I can get a new iMac. I would be lost without her and her wonderful family.

Initially, we hoped that John could take my old iMac to a nearby Apple store to have the data transferred. Nope. All of the Apple stores are closed, so it is on line only transactions.

The wait for a new iMac is from Feb 3 on. So, my sweet little old lady iMac just needs to hold on for a few more weeks. I'm going to do what I can not to overtax her. Her OS is 5 or 6 generations behind today's iMac. She is the epitome of me.

I am just so grateful that she continues to serve me after all of these years, allowing me to connect with all of you, and research medical issues, cancer, et al.

We're going to attempt to back up my computer to an external hard drive, with the hope that I can save everything and transfer it to the new iMac. Everyone assures me that I will love the new iMac, as I'm sure I will, but it will require adjustment and learning. But the frustration and fear that I will lose my connection to the world and those I love is far more stress than figuring out new technology.

Virginia ~ I continue to pray for your brother and sister-in-law. And, I wanted to clarify from the last chit chat thread that I didn't mean for them to go to the doctor's office, only to call in to let the doctor know how they are. The doctor might be able to prescribe something for them, have a telemedical conference with them, ask them to chart their symptoms. This is what I would do, if I had COVID, or someone I was caring for had COVID.

I know that our medical/hospital systems are overwhelmed. California is just surging nonstop. But, if your brother and/or sister-in-law can call into a nursing hot line or the on call doctor for their doctor, then they could get advice and guidance. They are Seniors, and your brother has a heart condition. They should qualify for some kind of assistance via phone or internet.

I think that AARP and/or United Health Care have a 24 hour nurse hotline. I'm just thinking of them getting some relief, and they're on their own, without professional advice.

Sending healing, positive energy, prayers and love to all for a significantly better 2021!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Rose, they did call the Doctor the day after my SIL was diagnosed. That is how they got additional nausea medicine for her.

My brother has been reading on the CDC website, also our health department website and places like Webmed.

Unless one of them gets to a point they need fluids or something that they can do for them, the only thing we can do is pray they will get better. I am glad my youngest brother lives close to them. I don’t want him exposed but he can at least get them food and anything they need.
    Last edited by Virginia; 01-01-2021 at 10:17 PM.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Rose and others, I don't know if this will clear anything up but it's what I could find about those stimulus payments:

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...rome_extension

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rose, they did call the Doctor the day after my SIL was diagnosed. That is how they got additional nausea medicine for her.

My brother has been reading on the CDC website, also our health department website and places like Webmed.

Unless one of them gets to a point they need fluids or something that they can do for them, the only thing we can do is pray they will get better. I am glad my youngest brother lives close to them. I donít want him exposed but he can at least get them food and anything they need.
    Which nausea med did they give her? I battle nausea daily and use a couple of things that barely do the trick.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy 2nd day of the year!
    Here in western MA we have not been hammered with bad weather. One big snow storm that has already melted. We had big piles of snow that I thought would be here until spring. Now they are gone.

Yesterday I made a stew of potatoes, escarole , tomatoes onions. ( all foods we are producing in the greenhouse). Not sure what else I put in but it was really yummy. And corn pancakes for breakfast with our own corn. The new year is getting off to a good start!

Hope you are all staying well and busy enough.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast