Thread: what is helpful for folks with prostate cancer?

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Question what is helpful for folks with prostate cancer?

My coworker has prostate cancer. Does anyone know any diet changes that are helpful to someone with prostate cancer undergoing radiation? Let me know? He keeps hearing opposite perspectives and needs some guidance.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that your coworker has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am not an expert by any means, but I have learned from urologists, who treated Jonathan about prostate cancer.

Stop eating red meat.

I don't know the mechanisms or the reasoning, but a reputable urologist told me that red meat contributes to prostate cancer. That was confirmed by an ICU intensivist.

A helpful food for the prostate is tomato. It contains lycopene, which benefits the prostate.

As a cancer patient undergoing radiation therapy, your friend should have access to a nutritionist, who can help him identify the proper diet for his condition. The general diet for any cancer patient is fruits and vegetables, protein, and a well balanced, healthy diet.

It might also be beneficial to increase vitamin supplements, including Vitamin D3, under his oncologist's direction.

If your coworker hasn't been referred to a nutritionist, I would recommend that you suggest he ask for a referral to one.

Healing prayers for your coworker; may he conquer the beast.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that your coworker has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am not an expert by any means, but I have learned from urologists, who treated Jonathan about prostate cancer.

Stop eating red meat.

I don't know the mechanisms or the reasoning, but a reputable urologist told me that red meat contributes to prostate cancer. That was confirmed by an ICU intensivist.

A helpful food for the prostate is tomato. It contains lycopene, which benefits the prostate.

As a cancer patient undergoing radiation therapy, your friend should have access to a nutritionist, who can help him identify the proper diet for his condition. The general diet for any cancer patient is fruits and vegetables, protein, and a well balanced, healthy diet.

It might also be beneficial to increase vitamin supplements, including Vitamin D3, under his oncologist's direction.

If your coworker hasn't been referred to a nutritionist, I would recommend that you suggest he ask for a referral to one.

Healing prayers for your coworker; may he conquer the beast.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Thank you so much, this is indeed helpful. Ill print this out and post it in our health section at home

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I understand that drinking enough fluids is important in the management of prostate cancer.
    Last edited by agate; 01-11-2021 at 08:08 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much Rose and Agate. Yes I heard from a biologist who worked in the nutrition field that Red Meat was rather unclean and detrimental to one's health. I never eat red meat myself. I'll pass these along to my coworker and please let me know if you find out anything new? Pray for him?
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php