Happy Holidays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Holidays!

Wishing all my friends on BT a happy healthy and peaceful holiday! I’m sure it very different for all of us. I’m very thankful for good health in my family. I pray we all stay healthy and safe. My son’s girlfriend that lives with him was exposed at her work. We won’t be seeing them over the holidays. I may have to active Santa and drop their gifts down the chimney. I’ve added a few pictures, our lights, tree, and the nor’easter we got last week.
    Stay well,
    Mary Grace

CAD55BC3-8381-400A-8046-CC48FCDB959F.jpg1CA8B6DB-CF62-4E08-A801-9322B640304D.jpg0FD31BFD-6B2D-491D-BA5A-897AB0B16331.jpgA2606FB2-DC4E-4E57-AA9C-6DE222E6EB86.jpg

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Happy Holiday! Merry Christmas!

Mary Grace ~

I'm so sorry that your son's girlfriend has been quarantined, as I suppose your son is quarantined. I pray that they test negative.

Your tree and lights are lovely, but that nor'easter looks mighty fierce and cold.

I have decorated scantily this year, but at least it is something. John visited briefly for a gift exchange today. His daughter joined him, and she stayed in the car while I stood on the lawn, for our conversation. A sweet young woman, who misses her Grandma. I'm trying to fill that gap, though I know I couldn't. Her Grandma and John's mom is my very dear friend. Masks, social distancing, gloves. We wished that things were different, and I could come over to his home to hang out with him, his wife and daughter on Christmas Day. Even before COVID, I would not have done that, because this is the traditional flu season.

If I have the energy and the inclination, I will make my regular holiday meal of Field Roast, mashed potatoes, peas, vegetable salad for Christmas dinner. I told John today that unless I'm cooking for Jim or someone else, I really have no motivation to cook for myself. But I will.

To All ~ I wish you Christmas Blessings of Peace, Joy, Love, Laughter, Memories, and Hope.

Stay strong, be safe, and be well.

I love you ~

Abundant Blessings Upon You and Your Loved Ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas Mary Grace! I tried to attach my photos since they look similar to yours but it never works LOL. Love your tree! I'm so sorry your son and his girlfriend may be exposed to COVID19.

Merry Christmas Rose! The field roast would be delicious and Jim, Jon and Michael would love for you to enjoy a holiday dinner in honor of them if you want. We have a vegan ham and yams :) We have been locked in together since March so at least we have each other and Zoom...
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Rose, I'm glad you were able to safely visit with John. We did the same with my sister. She had gifts for us and I for her and her family so I set a table up in the driveway with a holiday tablecloth we bundled up and went outside. Kathleen has really been missing them and had so many plans of what she wanted to do on Christmas like we always do. She enjoyed just seeing them for a bit. My job for Christmas dinner with my sister is to make an apple crumb pie. Well every holiday actually LOL. So I made one and froze it and they can cook it for Christmas. I made "covid relief" baskets for my sisters. Including face masks sanitizing wipes hand sanitizer treats for their pets chicken soup tissues vitamin c. a couple of little things I ordered from St. Jude (which is also a donatation), etc oh and of course a couple bottles of Corona LOL.
        My son't girlfriend had a test that was negative but my understanding is that you can contract it for up to 2 weels so we're staying clear. I'll deliver to their driveway and we'll skype or Zoom.
        Our traditional Christmas eve dinner is scrambled eggs bacon and tater tots. Christmas day is turkey, mashed and veggies. I bought the makings for mimosa on Christmas morning since we're not leaving the house it's safe to have one LOL. Enjoy your scrumptious (Kathleen's favorite food word) dinner. Do you ever make like a "tv dinner" and freeze it for another day? I freeze so much for Kathleen since it's hard to make her just one meal, I make her a larger amount or our meal GF and freeze at lest a few meals for a later date.
        Funnylegs It took me a while to figure out the pictures and even now I sometimes do doubles and/or sideways.
        Merry Christmas to everyone stay well stay safe!
        Mary Grace

Comment

Originally posted by mg12061 View Post
          Rose, I'm glad you were able to safely visit with John. We did the same with my sister. She had gifts for us and I for her and her family so I set a table up in the driveway with a holiday tablecloth we bundled up and went outside. Kathleen has really been missing them and had so many plans of what she wanted to do on Christmas like we always do. She enjoyed just seeing them for a bit. My job for Christmas dinner with my sister is to make an apple crumb pie. Well every holiday actually LOL. So I made one and froze it and they can cook it for Christmas. I made "covid relief" baskets for my sisters. Including face masks sanitizing wipes hand sanitizer treats for their pets chicken soup tissues vitamin c. a couple of little things I ordered from St. Jude (which is also a donatation), etc oh and of course a couple bottles of Corona LOL.
          My son't girlfriend had a test that was negative but my understanding is that you can contract it for up to 2 weels so we're staying clear. I'll deliver to their driveway and we'll skype or Zoom.
          Our traditional Christmas eve dinner is scrambled eggs bacon and tater tots. Christmas day is turkey, mashed and veggies. I bought the makings for mimosa on Christmas morning since we're not leaving the house it's safe to have one LOL. Enjoy your scrumptious (Kathleen's favorite food word) dinner. Do you ever make like a "tv dinner" and freeze it for another day? I freeze so much for Kathleen since it's hard to make her just one meal, I make her a larger amount or our meal GF and freeze at lest a few meals for a later date.
          Funnylegs It took me a while to figure out the pictures and even now I sometimes do doubles and/or sideways.
          Merry Christmas to everyone stay well stay safe!
          Mary Grace
          Glad the test is negative so far. Merry Christmas Eve!
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Mary Grace ~

"COVID Relief" baskets ~ what a clever gift! I'm so sorry that you can't gather for Christmas, but Skype or Zoom is the next best thing to being there.

I've never tried to freeze veggie alternative "meat" after cooking it. I made buttermilk pancakes (easy ~ Arrowhead Mills mix) and Field Roast breakfast sausages for breakfast this morning. That was our traditional Christmas morning breakfast. Also our tradition on college football Saturdays.

My street is lined with cars. I heard commotion in front, so I peeked out the window. People arriving for next door, across the street ... completely ignoring our Governor's plea not to gather for Christmas. I wonder whether any of them have been tested to make sure it is safe to be together. I doubt it.

It is a long and lonely day for me. I'll open the gifts from John and family later. I guess I'll get started on my dinner, so I can pace myself.

Wishing you, funnylegs4, and all of our friends on CN and your loved ones a beautiful Christmas.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

4EC3BFB7-4A65-43AE-B2B5-577E9879A6AB.jpg
              Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope that everyone had a good day.
              Last edited by Nick,Brian,andJon'sMom; 12-25-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I hope everyone had a happy blessed and healthy holiday!
                We had a very nice couple of days! Different but blessed and lovely. My birthday was yesterday, 60!! and it was also a very nice day. We facetimed my son and did cake.
                My son's girlfriend had another negative test, I'm very thankful and praying they stay well.
                Nick,Brian,and Jon'sMom What a beautiful tree!!
                Rose, I hope you had a peace filled Holiday. I'm so dissapointed at all the "visiting" people are doing with total disregard for others and what is safe. It's not easy for any of us but it's a small price to pay for staying safe and keeping my family as safe as I can. We did not see my mom this Holiday and I haven't seen her since spring. She's over 90 and I wouldn't want to be the one who puts her in danger. I hope our Governor makes some changes and closes some things up again.971263D5-E7C8-4735-9CB5-88998275DA69.jpg

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY GRACE!

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 4.46.45 PM.jpg

What a beautiful photo of you and your daughter. You are a youthful 60, my friend! I'm so sorry that you haven't seen your mom in so long. That must be so difficult for you and for her.

I pray constantly that we will all be able to be together again, and that this pandemic can be conquered. Unfortunately, 1.9 million people flew for Christmas gatherings, so we'll have another surge in a couple of weeks.

Marcie ~

It's so nice to see you here, and your tree is beautiful! I know how bittersweet the holidays are without our beloveds with us. You, Nick, Brian and Jon have been in my thoughts and prayers.

May we all grow stronger in the New Year!

Abundant blessings upon all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
                  X