Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Autoimmune Disorders/Immunosuppresion and COVID Vaccines

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Welcome to the forum SweetChoco. It's the first time I've seen you here.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome, SweetChoco!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just watching the PBS evening news, where Dr. Fauci was being interviewed. Replying to a question about why the President was delaying getting the COVID-19 vaccine, Dr. Fauci said that that was probably because when the President had the virus he received a monoclonal antibody.

He went on to say that anyone getting passive infusions of a monoclonal antibody should wait 90 days before getting the COVID-19 vaccine, and he explained why.

I apologize for not having time just now to find a link to his exact words.
    Yes. That is what I heard him saying but, as they gather new information their advice will probably adjust. I bet even my farmers market next spring will consider making vaccination a requirement for the farmers.

Time will tell
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

The National MS Society has convened a group of experts who have decided that as of now, nobody knows whether people with MS were included in the trials of the COVID-19 vaccines, and so they can't say for certain that any of the vaccines would be safe and effective for people with MS. More information should be forthcoming in January.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Ab...-Living-with-M

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

A pharmacist destroyed some vaccine doses on purpose https://abc7.com/fired-wisconsin-emp...virus/9223348/
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

What a story, funnylegs. They can't speculate about the motive. What sort of person would do such a thing?

Pharmacists can be as twisted as anyone else, I suppose, but this is pretty twisted. And malicious.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a story, funnylegs. They can't speculate about the motive. What sort of person would do such a thing?

Pharmacists can be as twisted as anyone else, I suppose, but this is pretty twisted. And malicious.
    Amen to that! This is so messed up and I hope whoever this is is kept far away from the medical field.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

People with Cancer who receive immunotherapy, which are monoclonal antibodies, are given the COVID vaccine by their doctors at prominent Cancer institutes. I think they try to space 10-14 days between the monoclonal treatment and the Covid vaccine.

My neuro suggested spacing IVIG 10 to 14 days away from the Covid Vaccine. So I will miss a couple of IVIG sessions if and when the vaccine becomes available.

The research is continually changing, just do the best you can.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~ Thank you for the link.

A close friend of mine and her 97 year old mom were vaccinated about 2 weeks ago. My friend has developed pain in both arms and her knees, which her doctor called sedimentation and inflammation. He's sending her to a rheumatologist. Her mom has been in tremendous pain after her chiropractor visit, which is unusual. Her mom is remarkably fit, however, she did have a fall prior to the shot, and she may be declining now just by virtue of her age.

Naturally, I'm wondering whether the vaccine exacerbated an existing condition for both of them. Jim was in an RA flare (pre-cancer), when he had the pneumonia vaccine, and he was in bed for 10 days. Opdivo, immunotherapy, immediately caused an RA flare for him, requiring Prednisone for the rest of his life.

This just contributes to my ongoing angst about the vaccine for me. I'm already in pain, and I fear I'd be incapacitated by more pain, as Jim was.

I'm just going to continue to stay isolated and avoid everyone, except John, who is now wearing 2 masks. The next time I see him, he will bring my new iMac upstairs and place it on my office desk to set up the equipment. Another very dear friend will walk me through setting up the computer innards via speakerphone.

Oh, I also saw news reports today that the second dose vaccines are running behind. I'm sure we all saw this coming with the first roll out. Of course, efficacy of the vaccine has been linked directly to the second dose. There are so many ways in which this could have been handled more efficiently.

I just pray for everyone on the planet, because this is so difficult to remain calm and centered, and to trust what we're told, during this pandemic.

Be safe and stay well everyone ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123