Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2020 chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

IVIG all day today

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good Luck Sunshine with the IVIG today. Hope it is not too tiring and that you get a real boost out of it.

Agate, nail polish remover was the first thing I tried. No luck there. The only thing I had was non acetone polish remover. I noticed today that I have used something that seems to be taking the color out of the carpet. Guess it doesn't matter since it is ruined now.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thinking of you Sunshine.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, can't carpet repair people stretch the carpet and use the leftover pieces to make a patch, and then patch it into the hole after they've cut the damaged area away?

There's also a DIY way but only if you happen to have saved carpet remnants:

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/replac...pet-24412.html
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

IVIG was uneventful. NIce to be back home. Itís a long time to wear a mask, grateful I donít have to do that everyday.
    BTW SAMS club is selling great masks 12 for $12. They are three ply, fit well, let no light in.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linda, do you find you have more energy on these cold fall days? I know I do--as long as it doesn't get too cold. I was out sweeping the patio today when it was 48' out there and felt as if I'd been pumped full of energy.
    Yes! My body loves the cold weather. I have actually been walking with my walker...about 1/2 mile...maybe more. I have not done that in a long time.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Congratulations on your walking Linda.

Sunshine, I had forgot that you have to wear a mask all that time. That makes it more uncomfortable. God Bless our health care workers.

Agate, about the carpet - yesterday afternoon I went up in my attic and found a really big piece of that carpet. I vacuumed up there and then drug that piece of carpet out and vacuumed it. It looks real good and is far more than is needed. I want someone who is a professional and works with carpet who can cut and seam it the way it should be. I could never do that. The place that I messed up will have to be cut out and a new piece from the leftover carpet that I found seamed in. I was so glad to find that big piece of carpet. The hold up now is that my brothers are saying a flat "no" to anyone coming in to do it at this time.

Ann, you and your squash just about killed me yesterday. I decided to fix the butternut squash that I had. I pierced it all over and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes (like Linda told us). Then I cut off the top on the smaller end and started cutting down the center of the squash. I could not do it. I got crooked and cut off a piece on one side, so I was left with one big piece. I had to dig the seeds out. I found that even hard to get all that out. I didn't have any bread crumbs or croutons, but I rubbed some olive oil on, salt and pepper, and some basil. I baked it at 350 degrees. It was still hard after 45 minutes so I let it cook another 20 minutes. Then I took it out and put a little grated parmesan cheese on it and baked it until the cheese melted.

It was good, but I will stick with just baking a sweet potato.

Please add that to Peter's to do list for when he comes down to do the ironing. There was something else on that list, but I can't remember what it is. Do you remember? Anyway, when he comes to do the ironing is probably my next try at butternut squash. Either you get tiny baby ones, you are very strong or Peter cuts them for you. I say it is the latter. If I see a really baby one I might get it and try again. My hands are sore today. Well, at least I tried. How did your Mom do with her baby one?
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I forgot it is Howie's payday, so I guess he is out running around. Hope he is careful.
    Virginia

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sunshine, watch how you say SAMS, you'll get her started.

Today was payday, and I hit the bank and store, and CVS, got home and put everything away while Sam had her outdoor running around time. She didn't stay long, too cold.

I got my electric bill in the mail, and get this, it is $47. What's my secret? If I tell you, it wouldn't be a secret now, would it?

I didn't sleep last night, and didn't even try. I just watched TV a while, then got online a while. YouTube is where I stay most of the time. Without it, I may not even have internet.

Everyone have a great day!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a great electric bill, Howie!

I hope you're not doing what a neighbor of mine routinely used to do. She'd sit in her apartment all bundled up in her coat without turning on the heat and in total darkness. She was out of her apartment a lot too, "circulating" as she called it--walking or standing around with her walker (and not having to use her apartment's electricity).

Her electric bill was the envy of everyone.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast